Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Florida Discussion

Default Re: Florida Discussion

One way to look at it: the spread is currently at 6, and underdogs win those games an average of 33.6% of the time. ESPN currently gives us a 32.4% chance of winning.

Or in other words: “33% of the time it works every time!”

If they struggle against the run, we need to put in some extra TEs like the TN game and run it down at them with Williams. Hopefully Jake is still dropping dimes like last week and our guys continue to catch the ball well.

JD

How awesome would it be for Muschamp to get a win on Saturday with his offense putting up 30-35 points in the swamp? Not saying itís going to happen but it has the chance to be the best win of his tenure (so far) with UF being in the top 15. Imagine how ticked UF fans would be leaving that afternoon. Your former coach is now 2-1 against you, just ran up a bunch of points and keeps your team in a tailspin.

Quote Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
    How awesome would it be for Muschamp to get a win on Saturday with his offense putting up 30-35 points in the swamp? Not saying itís going to happen but it has the chance to be the best win of his tenure (so far) with UF being in the top 15. Imagine how ticked UF fans would be leaving that afternoon. Your former coach is now 2-1 against you, just ran up a bunch of points and keeps your team in a tailspin.
    I think UF is #21 now. Unless you're just meaning the CFP rankings. Upon further review, that's likely what you mean. Nevermind.

This game isnt quite as critical as Ole Miss was, so theres far less pressure, but it would be an absolutely HUGE win. It would likely secure back to back 8-4 regular seasons which is very respectable with a chance at 9. Weíd have the quietest back to back 9 win seasons in America haha.

With the issues running through their team, we need to get out to a fast start and put our foot on their throat. With all the in fighting going on right now, they may just lay down if we are able to do this.

Game comes down to two things I think, can we run the ball and can we get stops on 3rd down

I think the folks saying we need to get out to a quick start are 100% right. I'm not writing us off if we don't get out to a quick start but if we do coming off the last 2 weeks it'd be interesting to see how much fight that Florida team has left in it. An early 14-3 lead or something along those lines may be the gut punch they can't recover from and would silence many Gator fans in the Swamp. It's going to be hard to get out to a quick start because UF will come out swinging with everything they have but if we can I see the fight going out of them.

Red "script" helm, white jersey, black pants. ehh?

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
    I think the folks saying we need to get out to a quick start are 100% right. I'm not writing us off if we don't get out to a quick start but if we do coming off the last 2 weeks it'd be interesting to see how much fight that Florida team has left in it. An early 14-3 lead or something along those lines may be the gut punch they can't recover from and would silence many Gator fans in the Swamp. It's going to be hard to get out to a quick start because UF will come out swinging with everything they have but if we can I see the fight going out of them.

With how good Perine, Scarlett and Florida's offensive line are, if we get down something like 17-3 in the first half, its probably game over for us because they'll just melt the clock and limit our possessions the rest of the way. Worst case, we need this game to be tied or need to be within 10 points going into the 2nd half.

I think its HUGE for USC that Daley and Young are going to play this weekend. We need our offensive line at full strength to handle CeCe Jefferson and crew. If they can give Jake time, we should have a lot of success against their secondary. I'm not sure if we are going to get much out of the running game this weekend given our injuries to Dowdle and Williams but we need just enough from those guys so that play action is effective.

For whatever reason, I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so. I think if our offense continues to play at a high level it'll be good result for USC because I don't think Florida has the firepower to keep up with us.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
    Bingo. That defense hasnít been all the great. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...1pxrGNbxy_uvns

That defense all played great against two teams LSU/MSU that are having a lot issues on offense, last two games they havenít gotten torched. If we get going early I like our chances a lot.
    I'd forgotten that this was a Todd Grantham defense. That should help, but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed. And we are due to create some turnovers. It's just time for that to happen.
    I'm only here for the reputation points.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so.
    Agree. The offense looked pretty good against Tennessee, and very impressive against Ole Miss. And considering how poorly Florida played against Missouri, I think we have a good shot to pull off a close one.

Goodness...I think you’re giving UF just a little too much credit. Two of the three reasons you don’t give SC a chance I would argue doesn’t have anything to do with the team playing the game. It’s back to back road games and UF played horrible last week so we’re doomed!

Yes our defense gave up 600 yards last week. That’s why Ole Miss is top 5 in the country in a lot of offensive categories. UF isn’t in the top 75 on offense. Our backup QB threw for 300 against Missouri and UF couldn’t move the ball against them. Their starting QB was benched.

Could we lose? Sure! But ¬ďdon¬ít see anything good about this one¬Ē? C¬ímon man.
    I think too many are putting way to much weight on what FL did last week. They beat MSU, LSU and destroyed Tennessee. They laid eggs against Vandy and Missouri. Its pretty obvious whats going on...they have a tendency to not take lesser teams seriously. Well, suddenly after losing to Mizzou I promise they will be getting our full attention.

Playing back to back road conference games may not have anything to do with the teams playing the game. But, you cannot deny the correlation because it absolutely exists. There are very few examples of mediocre SEC teams in the last decade winning back to back road games against SEC foes when one of them is not named Vandy. Its a real thing that cant simply be brushed aside.

On paper FL is a touchdown favorite. Add in our injuries, playing back to back road games, and the fact that we will no doubt get their full attention after last week, I believe its asking a lot. This is NOT a pick'em game like some people are treating it (based off of one game last week). It would be a significant upset against a top 20 team on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
    I'd forgotten that this was a Todd Grantham defense. That should help, but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed. And we are due to create some turnovers. It's just time for that to happen.
    I was just going to bring up the DC for Florida. That guy is a joke and we need to punish their D. If our running game gets going early, look for a big day on O.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    With how good Perine, Scarlett and Florida's offensive line are, if we get down something like 17-3 in the first half, its probably game over for us because they'll just melt the clock and limit our possessions the rest of the way. Worst case, we need this game to be tied or need to be within 10 points going into the 2nd half.

I think its HUGE for USC that Daley and Young are going to play this weekend. We need our offensive line at full strength to handle CeCe Jefferson and crew. If they can give Jake time, we should have a lot of success against their secondary. I'm not sure if we are going to get much out of the running game this weekend given our injuries to Dowdle and Williams but we need just enough from those guys so that play action is effective.

For whatever reason, I have more confidence in this game than I have had the past month or so. I think if our offense continues to play at a high level it'll be good result for USC because I don't think Florida has the firepower to keep up with us.

I agree that I feel confident. I never bet on USC games but I would take the 6 points here. Even if we lose, it will be close. I think the UF team has started to quit on the year. We need to come out strong Saturday (which I know isn't our strong suit). If we get up on them early, I bet they quit.

Looking for Lee Ho Fook's cocknblue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
    I was just going to bring up the DC for Florida. That guy is a joke and we need to punish their D. If our running game gets going early, look for a big day on O.
    Todd Grantham's defenses are always vulnerable to downfield passing attacks. If we can give Jake time to throw, he could have a big day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
    ....but generally I think this will come down to Bentley not shitting the bed.
    We need 4 qtrs of solid football.

So the way the pollsters have voted this year once we beat them we should be ranked #18 at least correct? But of course it only works for all other teams and not us....
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    We need 4 qtrs of solid football.

Honestly what I think will happen is if we score more points we will win!
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

Looking for Lee Ho Fook's cocknblue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
    Honestly what I think will happen is if we score more points we will win!
    Wait....what?