Thread: Jam going forward?

Default Jam going forward?

He was our top recruit as a freshman last year.. I thought he was going to take off as a player and be a ball hawk for us as he jumped Drew Lock's pass for INT in his 3rd game as a true fresh.

With his persistant shoulder injury / Height limiting his effectiveness at safety / and flat our getting beat for time at corner.. How can we best utilize him?

I've heard people say move him to offense but uhh.. where? We're set at WR (now that they're catching balls).. so is he going to be a RB / Dexter McCluster type?

Unless he has Tyreek Hill blazing speed I don't see it.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Jam going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
    He was our top recruit as a freshman last year.. I thought he was going to take off as a player and be a ball hawk for us as he jumped Drew Lock's pass for INT in his 3rd game as a true fresh.

With his persistant shoulder injury / Height limiting his effectiveness at safety / and flat our getting beat for time at corner.. How can we best utilize him?

I've heard people say move him to offense but uhh.. where? We're set at WR (now that they're catching balls).. so is he going to be a RB / Dexter McCluster type?

Unless he has Tyreek Hill blazing speed I don't see it.

Thoughts?
    If Edwards goes to the NFL, I can see him returning kicks/punts. I'm not sure what the coaches will do with him as far as the secondary is concerned. We are too thin back there to really let him play elsewhere.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

He should be moved to offense as I think he can be a real weapon. I think we need a bigger body back at safety, especially with his two shoulder surgeries.

Shoulders seem to be the safeties achilles

Slot receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    Slot receiver?
    This. I'd love to see him get some opportunities on reverses and misdirection plays once Deebo is gone. He'd be a great Ace Sanders type of player. Agree he's too small for safety and we prefer length at corner.