Thread: Wonder if Champ will file any complaints about officiating?

Default Wonder if Champ will file any complaints about officiating?

Iím not one of those fans who blames officiating for everything bad that happens to our team, but there were some glaring no-calls against Ole Miss.

Probably the most glaring was on the pass to Deebo on 2nd and goal late in the game after Densonís long run. The Ole Miss defense, Miller, had tons of contact prior to the ball arriving. He ran into Deebo, grabbed and turned him and then grabbed his jersey. All right in front of a ref. In the end we ended up scoring a TD so it didnít affect anything, but in a back and forth contest like that, such a glaring non-call couldíve been huge.

Default Re: Wonder if Champ will file any complaints about officiating?

Quote Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
    Iím not one of those fans who blames officiating for everything bad that happens to our team, but there were some glaring no-calls against Ole Miss.

Probably the most glaring was on the pass to Deebo on 2nd and goal late in the game after Densonís long run. The Ole Miss defense, Miller, had tons of contact prior to the ball arriving. He ran into Deebo, grabbed and turned him and then grabbed his jersey. All right in front of a ref. In the end we ended up scoring a TD so it didnít affect anything, but in a back and forth contest like that, such a glaring non-call couldíve been huge.
    Doubt Muschamp does anything. We walked away with a win. I'd have the SEC look into the field conditions and Ole Miss's ability (or lack thereof) to take care of it before I call for anything related to officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
    Doubt Muschamp does anything. We walked away with a win. I'd have the SEC look into the field conditions and Ole Miss's ability (or lack thereof) to take care of it before I call for anything related to officiating.
    Oh, definitely the field. That was a player safety issue.

As far as the officiating, I can see not bothering with it since we won, but would there be a long term strategy to bringing it to the SEC offices attention? It wasnít huge, but it couldíve been.

Maybe we should put up a billboard in Tuscaloosa...

#FreeDeebo
    "I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

I watched the entire game on replay last night and saw that same play and yelled so loud the dog started barking. It was unbelievable. I think the announcers said they thought maybe the ref believed the ball had been tipped and that's why he didn't call it. That sounds like a BS excuse to me. Their offensive line was holding us all afternoon too.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
    That field was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    I watched the entire game on replay last night and saw that same play and yelled so loud the dog started barking. It was unbelievable. I think the announcers said they thought maybe the ref believed the ball had been tipped and that's why he didn't call it. That sounds like a BS excuse to me. Their offensive line was holding us all afternoon too.
    When that happens, the refs signal it. Did anyone signal a tipped ball?

The ball placement was ridiculous. We should never had to go for it on 4th down. We had the yardage for a 1st down on 3rd down. Also, when Mon Denson made the big run he was tackled right in front of me and he was just inside the 3 and they placed the ball on the 5. There were numerous other times where there was poor spotting and it was always to our detriment. they never gave Ole Miss a poor spot. To quite the contrary, they gave them some very generous spots they did not earn. If the calls go 50-50 that's one thing, but when it is that blatant it needs to challenged.

The difference between levels of officiating is tremendous. Holding isn't called unless it is so obvious that everyone can see the Jersey stretched 3 feet or there is a takedown. High school officials would call yhr game tighter

We got away with a few too, particularly the fourth down play. The refs were consistently allowing contact so it goes both ways at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameCockFanOfY View Post
    When that happens, the refs signal it. Did anyone signal a tipped ball?
    Nope. Not that I saw.

Inexcusable:

PI on Deebo at the goal line.

Bad spot causing the need for a fourth down play.

I would imagine / hope that every school has someone responsible for submitting officiating issues every week as a formality. Helps provide learning material for the refs to get better. Don't just bitch and moan when you get a bad call and whistle and skip the rest of the time.
    Wooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    I was more pissed about the no calls on holding myself since they happened the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by 11SWU10 View Post
    Inexcusable:

PI on Deebo at the goal line.

Bad spot causing the need for a fourth down play.
    You are the first one I have seen post about this, but spot on!!!

Points sent.
    "Fear causes hesitation,
    And hesitation causes
    Your worst fears
    to come true." Bodhi.

SEC Refs are garbage, most college refs are. What can you do? Garbage in, garbage out! These refs are part-time people, like the part-time people working in every Zakbys where u buy your chicken. The best refs are assigned to the best teams, we are not one of those teams. We are a McNuggets team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
    You are the first one I have seen post about this, but spot on!!!

Points sent.
    You must have only started reading at post #12

I am not sure what good it does to complain, we have been watching the same bad refs for years. There are obviously no consequences for poor performance in the SEC.

Maybe the most confounding thing about the refs we get is that when the other team is not in position to make a play a ref is always there to help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
    I am not sure what good it does to complain, we have been watching the same bad refs for years. There are obviously no consequences for poor performance in the SEC.

Maybe the most confounding thing about the refs we get is that when the other team is not in position to make a play a ref is always there to help them out.
    The coaches routinely send in plays to the league office that they think were poorly called. I remember when Spurrier was here, he sent about 5 plays each game. I'm sure Champ does the same thing.