Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official 2019 Atlanta Braves Thread

1st Team All-American Blitzkrieg's Avatar

Default Re: Official 2019 Atlanta Braves Thread

Quote Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
    The stadium was absolutely beautiful. Makes Turner Field look like a steaming pile of you know what. I was in section 240, which is second level on the third base side looking right at the middle of left field. From looking around, I really don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Thought the fan experience was good. Didn't walk through the whole stadium to see everything though. When my phone charges up, I'll post some of the pics I took tonight.

As for the game, they won 11-7 with Markakis and Donaldson hitting solo shots. Top 5 of the lineup all had 2 hits a piece and all position starters except for Alex Jackson got a hit. I thought Newk was going to have a good game. He got through the first on 7 or 8 pitches, then it just fell apart for him in the 2nd. Touki Toussaint, just called up from Gwinnett, gave 6 excellent innings in long relief. He had some filthy stuff. I think he hit 94 mph on his fastball a couple of times and it sat at 91-92 for most of the game. He had an absolutely filthy splitter that went 86-88 and just had the bottom fall out. Made a few hitters look really bad on those and wound up with 7 K if I'm not mistaken. If he can keep that up, he's going to be really good.
    You picked a good one to go to, it was long though. Looking forward to the pictures, we haven't been to Sun Trust yet.
    Veterans: All gave some, some gave all.

I'm not the best photographer, but these were some of the better shots I got.

Name:  20190413_194057-756x1008.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  275.8 KB

Name:  20190413_190416-1008x756.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  249.9 KB

Name:  20190413_190406-1008x756.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  208.1 KB

Name:  20190413_190356-1008x756.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  233.7 KB

1st Team All-American Blitzkrieg's Avatar

Nice!
    Veterans: All gave some, some gave all.

Could've been a Contender COCKDIESEL's Avatar

Went last night for the Dbacks game. The stadium is great, not really a bad seat from what i could tell. There were plenty of concessions and lines were pretty short. The outside of the stadium looked great and there was a ton to do. It really helps me imagine what the thought was for the fireflies stadium in Columbia on a larger scale. As far as the game went, up until Max came out they played great and although they lost at least it was at the hands of Christian Walker who had a great game including the go ahead homer in the ninth.

Sure, he's got a fastball, but it's time to send Sobotka down to the minors. Maybe he can figure things out and get called back up later in the year.

Inexplicable that they didn't add anything to the pen this off-season. I didn't think they needed a starter with all the in-house options they had short of something that would have allowed them to bring in an ace type pitcher. But, I thought them adding to the pen was a forgone conclusion, and they did nothing. Of course, they also lied about having all this money to spend since I think their payroll is lower this year than last year.

Austin Riley with a home run in his mlb debut. Kid's got a smooth, powerful swing. Look forward to seeing him play more. Got a feeling he's going to force the team into keeping him in the bigs.