Page 210 of 253 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5043

Thread: 2019 Graveyard Thread

Default Re: 2019 - DJ Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    He is a JUCO and he knew we needed help in the secondary and he would've been coached by 2 of the best in the business. This is his family putting the power play on him and making him stay in state because they were mad he committed to us in the first place.
    Maybe, maybe not, about his family. We will never really know.

Default Re: 2019 - DJ Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
    BREAKING: JUCO cornerback DJ Daniel has flipped his commitment from South Carolina to #UGA. The Bulldogs never stopped recruiting him.

https://t.co/6o43S9VGLG https://t.co/KdlT32tIc8
    This isnt directed at you, but since you brought it up...Does Champ stop recruiting someone committed to another school? Food for thought.

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

Default Re: 2019 - Jalen Perry

With losing Daniel getting Perry is bigger than before.
    With Daniel going to Georgia it may also open another spot, hopefully at a safety/corner hybrid prospect.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs

Default 2019 - Zay Flowers

Positions: WR, CB
    Height & Weight: 5'11" 170lbs
    Class of: 2019
    University School of NSU, Fort Lauderdale, FL

New offer. Composite 3 star. Offers from Boston, College, Kentucky, Nebraska, NC State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Wake Forest, and a few non P5's. Was committed to Nebraska at one time.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zay-Flowers-46048265/
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...flowers-201097
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/6294603/Zay-flowers

Default Re: 2019 WR/CB - Zay Flowers

Kid looks like a solid prospect. He could play on either side of the ball but I assume we're recruiting him as a DB. He has legit speed and looks like he plays with some swagger.

Top 1500 nationally

Quote Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
    Top 1500 nationally
    RJ Roderick was Nationally ranked 1241 by 24/7 and a composite 3 star. He is doing pretty well for SC.
    You think T Rob and Muschamp cant evaluate the DB position?
    Poster on the Rant said Arturo Freeman called this kid the "real deal".
    Might turn out to be pretty good...

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Top 1500 nationally
    DJ Wonnum was a 2* DE/TE.

I get it’s not a sexy ranking, but this isn’t a Spurrier staff evaluation... these guys know what they’re doing.

1st Team All-American USCBASEBALL1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

I get itís not a sexy ranking, but this isnít a Spurrier staff evaluation... these guys know what theyíre doing.
    If anyone thinks these recruiting geeks are better evaluators than our Coaches they are kidding themselves. Outside of a few no brainers these experts no little more than those on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post

I get it’s not a sexy ranking, but this isn’t a Spurrier staff evaluation... these guys know what they’re doing.
    I get it. Sidney Rice was a 3 star, Ko Simpson was a 2 star blah blah blah. For each 2 star that made it I'll gladly show you 10 that never saw the field.

This isn't early in the recruiting process where a kid came into camp and impressed the coaches enough to get an offer before anyone else has really evaluated him.

What I see here is a class that is mostly filled, and then a late offer going out to a back up plan after our top target flips to our interdivisional rival.

For the record I believe Muschamp and staff know what they're doing and are great evaluators. And I also believe they're doing all they can. But to me, this (along with Leggette) falls in line more with having to get a guy that just fills a need, instead of being able to get a frontline SEC starter type.

Tennessee offer in 3-2-......

I get it. Sidney Rice was a 3 star, Ko Simpson was a 2 star blah blah blah. For each 2 star that made it I'll gladly show you 10 that never saw the field.

This isn't early in the recruiting process where a kid came into camp and impressed the coaches enough to get an offer before anyone else has really evaluated him.

What I see here is a class that is mostly filled, and then a late offer going out to a back up plan after our top target flips to our interdivisional rival.

For the record I believe Muschamp and staff know what they're doing and are great evaluators. And I also believe they're doing all they can. But to me, this (along with Leggette) falls in line more with having to get a guy that just fills a need, instead of being able to get a frontline SEC starter type.
    And sometimes the 5 star kids are busts. But for the most part the ratings work. However, they do not tell you whether a player will fit your scheme. They fail on the tweeners sometimes as well.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

I don't see this as a reach, I see it more as a situation where the numbers got depleted this year, graduation is hitting hard, and we need to get an extra DB or two.

If the staff likes him, bring him in.

he’s got a lot of descent offers, so he’s not terrible! needs to put on some weight tho.

My other qb is a Bentley

He’s also coached by Arturo Freeman. His ranking. Similar to Rashad Fenton. There are a ton of quality DBs in South Fla. if TRb and Champ have evaluated and offered, then the kid is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
    If anyone thinks these recruiting geeks are better evaluators than our Coaches they are kidding themselves. Outside of a few no brainers these experts no little more than those on this board.

If our staff likes a player we should not even look at *ratings. Will and gang have proved themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    If our staff likes a player we should not even look at *ratings. Will and gang have proved themselves.
    As far as Iím concerned, having multiple other schools offer thereafter is proof enough that they are better than their current rankings and will probably receive a bump in the future

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

Just watch his 4 game highlight on hudl.
    Clearly has the quick twitch muscles Muschamp has harped on since he got here.
    Also showed a quick back peddle and change in direction.

From a pure athletic standpoint, not sure why he is not ranked higher. The Boston College offer is indicitive of the type of character he is...and Stoops and Kentucky love getting those guys that have chips on their shoulders....we could use a few more guys like that.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs

Default Re: 2019 - Ailym Ford

over 200 yards and 3 TDs last night in opening round of 5A playoff vs Ashley Ridge. I wish we could find away to get this guy on the team. Not likely to happen though.

Default Re: 2019 - Michel Dukes

He rushed for 335 yards against Porter Gaud last night in the playoffs. Will face Eric Kimrey's Hammond team next week. They played earlier this year and Kimrey had some nice things to say about him.

He said that he and Dakereon's good friends and that Dakereon's recruiting him all the time to join him at USC. If you've watched him play he's very shifty and has deceptive speed. Could be a steal if we decided we wanted to take a chance.

Here's a great article on him:
    https://www.moultrienews.com/sports/...50b43f176.html