Thread: Boiled Shrimp

Default Boiled Shrimp

Rainy Sunday and I had wanted to try to grill something today, but we boiled some shrimp and made coleslaw with some "Wife Saver Hush puppies and it turned out to be very good. I ate more shrimp than I should have and had a few more beers to go with it. Watched and listened to all the "talking heads" about the Final Four and Bowl Announcements. Shrimp and beer were the best part of the day!!!

What was your Sunday all about?

Default Re: Boiled Shrimp

Hit the gym for the first time in a few months as I am now off the meds. Had a bunch of leftovers. I'll be heading for a celebratory meal at my fav Indian buffet one day and to a new food fest at Disney this week.
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Quote Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
    Hit the gym for the first time in a few months as I am now off the meds. Had a bunch of leftovers. I'll be heading for a celebratory meal at my fav Indian buffet one day and to a new food fest at Disney this week.

Sounds like you "be living the life"!!!

Here is how my Sunday went.

It was bitterly cold so I wanted to make soup. Have you ever been to Carrabbas and got their Spicy Sicilian Chicken Soup? I wanted my own homemade version so I set about it. Dicing all the vegetables almost didn't make it worth it! but it came out incredible. The key is to cook the ditalini separately and leave it "al dente" before putting it in right before you serve. Also, be careful with the White Pepper.

Here is a recipe that I kind of followed:
    https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...ILzm7zvxTM5IF8

Made a monster pot of potato soup from an old recipe my grandmother passed down. Perfect weather for it.