Thread: Best Hash & Rice -BBQ Restaurant

Default Re: Best Hash & Rice -BBQ Restaurant

Henry's Smokehouse Greenville,SC
    I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

I tied the Bar-B-Que Barn in North Augusta, SC and it is fair to marginally good. A lot of people love Sconyer's BBQ in Augusta, GA and I would have to say it is most likely the 2nd best place to eat BBQ and Hash & Rice. Their BBQ is a more sweeter taste, but their hash is good. Still prefer Carolina BBQ in New Ellenton.

Found a great recipe for making "RED SC HASH". I used to help my grandfather and his good friend make it when I was a little fellow, but have not made it by myself - ever. Got a few projects to get out of the way and then I hope to do it one weekend and see how it comes out.

Has anyone else out there made their own "hash" and people loved it??? Let us know.

I will be going down to New Ellenton, SC to look at some furniture this week and will make it a point to go by "Carolina BBQ" and eat some of their great Que!!!!

I was back at Carolina BBQ in New Ellenton, SC again yesterday and made it a special point to go by Carolina BBQ and had me two plates of their great BBQ and Hash & Rice!!!! Just cannot beat this place for quality BBQ and a very fair price. Still looking for furniture and I will need to make a few more runs down that way to decide on the furniture that my wife wants, so I try to plan it when I need a "good BBQ Fix"!!!

Tell me about furniture in New Ellenton?
    I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

It's not in business anymore, but back in the day there was a place called Rick's BBQ out in the country on Hwy 10 in Greenwood.

It was a simple cinder block building with a dining area next to the kitchen.

The owner's last name was Rickenbacker, hence the name.

He also sold velvet Elvis rugs and they hung on the walls in the dining room.

Everything there tasted good, but the velvet rugs have stayed in my mind over the years.

I don't think they serve hash and rice, but I used to go to Schoolhouse BBQ in Scranton a lot when I lived in Florence back in the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
    Tell me about furniture in New Ellenton?
    It is called "Ashley's On Main" in New Ellenton, SC. It was started back in the 50's by Ashley's father and since that time they have bought up the buildings next to them and own a large showcase store with a huge storage building behind his main store. They stock all the "named furniture items" and pretty much can get you whatever you want. Their prices will beat anyone around and Ashley is a great guy. If you want quality furniture at a fair price, then go to New Ellenton, SC - eat you some great BBQ at "Carolina BBQ" and then head back up the street a couple of blocks and Ashley's On Main is on the same side of the road as Carolina BBQ.

Ward's or the BBQ Hut in Sumter

Quote Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
    It is called "Ashley's On Main" in New Ellenton, SC. It was started back in the 50's by Ashley's father and since that time they have bought up the buildings next to them and own a large showcase store with a huge storage building behind his main store. They stock all the "named furniture items" and pretty much can get you whatever you want. Their prices will beat anyone around and Ashley is a great guy. If you want quality furniture at a fair price, then go to New Ellenton, SC - eat you some great BBQ at "Carolina BBQ" and then head back up the street a couple of blocks and Ashley's On Main is on the same side of the road as Carolina BBQ.
    I bought a love seat and chair from Big Daddy's over in North several years ago.

It was worth the trip.

I believe he has since passed away.