Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: 2020 Charlie Spegal

  1. #1
    Spring Game MVP 86 GradCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default 2020 Charlie Spegal

    5'10" 225 lbs fullback
    4.6 40
    575 squat
    420 bench

    An Indiana high school football player who has torn up the gridiron this season still has no place to play next year.

    New Palestine High School junior Charlie Spegal racked up 3,356 rushing yards and scored 70 touchdowns during the 2018 season -- but he's reportedly yet to receive a scholarship offer from any college, let alone a top-tier football program.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/india...olarship-offer

  2. #2
    4 Star Greyrooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hartsville, SC
    Posts
    1,441

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    This kid needs a Gamecock offer!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Banned InletCock1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hemingway
    Posts
    2,966

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    I’m sure his offers will come.

  4. #4
    2nd Team All-SEC Gamecock303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    there is no way that kid runs a 4.6


    he would be a good back at a D2 school somewhere or maybe a smaller FCS school but I don't see him as an FBS back.

  5. #5
    Spring Game MVP 86 GradCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    If his team played a 14 game season (including playoffs), he scored an average of 5 TD's per game and rushed for an average of 239.7 yards! His season highlight video is impressive. Shows good vision and ability to break tackles along with decent speed. 40 times are not the most critical stat for running backs.

  6. #6
    Starter BringBackGarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    1 + 1 ain't adding up.


    This kid isn't stuck in rural America, he's a half an hour away from a major metro center. I can only assume that maybe financially he couldn't go to any camps anywhere, but other than that, I feel there's more to this story.

  7. #7
    Spring Game MVP 86 GradCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Maybe it is his position. Fullback is not a big demand spot these days. Still, his HS team is ranked #2 in the state and they won their state championship in an undefeated season. Some of the earlier games were real blowouts which probably explains the high number of TD's and yards. But still, it is impressive.

    We haven't had a good back that could break tackles since Marcus. Would be good to have and worth a scolly.

  8. #8
    2nd Team All-SEC Gamecock303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    impressive numbers aside, this kid would not be an upgrade over any RB we currently have on the roster

  9. #9
    Spring Game MVP 86 GradCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    impressive numbers aside, this kid would not be an upgrade over any RB we currently have on the roster
    You probably said the same thing about another kid from that area that was overlooked by most of the big schools even though he won his state's Mr. Football. Ryan Brewer wasn't all that fast, but he sure turned out to be a great player for us.

  10. #10
    Buckle up, BOOM Comin' SCohioBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    4,168

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
    You probably said the same thing about another kid from that area that was overlooked by most of the big schools even though he won his state's Mr. Football. Ryan Brewer wasn't all that fast, but he sure turned out to be a great player for us.
    The difference is Ohio football >>>>>>> Indiana football. Indiana ball is not very good for the most part.

    Brewer also went to a really good football school.
    "We played the State Championship in a place called Death Valley," he said. "I looked up in the fourth quarter and the only ones still alive were the Gamecocks."--SOS

  11. #11
    1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    10,261

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
    The difference is Ohio football >>>>>>> Indiana football. Indiana ball is not very good for the most part.

    Brewer also went to a really good football school.
    I have to agree.
    The young man above looks like a hard working player, and has skill.
    But not every great HS player is destined for a D1 program...he would probably do best at an FCS school or even a local D2 school.

    Watching him, he screams Wofford to me.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs


  12. #12
    Heisman Candidate Flameout12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    Posts
    18,488

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    there is no way that kid runs a 4.6.
    Dunno, but he ain't slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
    Maybe it is his position. Fullback is not a big demand spot these days.
    ...watch the film. He's a TB in a basic spread.

    He looks good...I hope we look at him and would hate to play against him if he elevates to the next level.

  13. #13
    Bowl MVP Rooster'srule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Cacky Lacky
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    My precious

  14. #14
    World Traveler Absfract's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Looks good, I'm sure offers are going to be rolling in for him next year.

  15. #15
    Blue Chip FLgamecockJAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    670

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
    You probably said the same thing about another kid from that area that was overlooked by most of the big schools even though he won his state's Mr. Football. Ryan Brewer wasn't all that fast, but he sure turned out to be a great player for us.
    Coach Holtz said if Ryan got into a race with a pregnant woman, Ryan would finish 3rd! Went on to talk about how much heart Ryan had, desire, work ethics, the things you can't measure. Talent alone is never enough! The woods are full of those with lots of natural abilities, but fail to do the simple things. We've seen quite a few wander through Willy B. We've also seen lots of talent sign LOIs with us and never make it to Willy B!

    Give me a Ryan Brewer and Connor Shaw anytime. Add those work ethics, heart, desire, etc. and talent and we have a program changer in Marcus Lattimore! Can I get 3 Latti's?

  16. #16
    Household Name TaySC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Aiken
    Posts
    6,718

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    Quote Originally Posted by FLgamecockJAX View Post
    Coach Holtz said if Ryan got into a race with a pregnant woman, Ryan would finish 3rd! Went on to talk about how much heart Ryan had, desire, work ethics, the things you can't measure. Talent alone is never enough! The woods are full of those with lots of natural abilities, but fail to do the simple things. We've seen quite a few wander through Willy B. We've also seen lots of talent sign LOIs with us and never make it to Willy B!

    Give me a Ryan Brewer and Connor Shaw anytime. Add those work ethics, heart, desire, etc. and talent and we have a program changer in Marcus Lattimore! Can I get 3 Latti's?

    One of my favorite memories as a Gamecock fan was in the Outback Bowl when Ryan Brewer stood up and flipped the Ohio State defender like they were in the WWE.


    Dude was a baller with the heart of a Gamecock.

  17. #17
    Spring Game MVP 86 GradCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

    And just think, if he doesn't get any major D1 offers from schools in his area, he will have a massive chip on his shoulders. I love a back that runs a little angry and can give a lick and a stiff arm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •