Thread: 2020 Charlie Spegal

Default 2020 Charlie Spegal

5'10" 225 lbs fullback
    4.6 40
    575 squat
    420 bench

An Indiana high school football player who has torn up the gridiron this season still has no place to play next year.

New Palestine High School junior Charlie Spegal racked up 3,356 rushing yards and scored 70 touchdowns during the 2018 season -- but he's reportedly yet to receive a scholarship offer from any college, let alone a top-tier football program.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/india...olarship-offer

Default Re: 2020 Charlie Spegal

This kid needs a Gamecock offer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure his offers will come.

there is no way that kid runs a 4.6

he would be a good back at a D2 school somewhere or maybe a smaller FCS school but I don't see him as an FBS back.

If his team played a 14 game season (including playoffs), he scored an average of 5 TD's per game and rushed for an average of 239.7 yards! His season highlight video is impressive. Shows good vision and ability to break tackles along with decent speed. 40 times are not the most critical stat for running backs.

1 + 1 ain't adding up.

This kid isn't stuck in rural America, he's a half an hour away from a major metro center. I can only assume that maybe financially he couldn't go to any camps anywhere, but other than that, I feel there's more to this story.

Maybe it is his position. Fullback is not a big demand spot these days. Still, his HS team is ranked #2 in the state and they won their state championship in an undefeated season. Some of the earlier games were real blowouts which probably explains the high number of TD's and yards. But still, it is impressive.

We haven't had a good back that could break tackles since Marcus. Would be good to have and worth a scolly.

impressive numbers aside, this kid would not be an upgrade over any RB we currently have on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    impressive numbers aside, this kid would not be an upgrade over any RB we currently have on the roster
    You probably said the same thing about another kid from that area that was overlooked by most of the big schools even though he won his state's Mr. Football. Ryan Brewer wasn't all that fast, but he sure turned out to be a great player for us.

Buckle up, BOOM Comin' SCohioBoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
    You probably said the same thing about another kid from that area that was overlooked by most of the big schools even though he won his state's Mr. Football. Ryan Brewer wasn't all that fast, but he sure turned out to be a great player for us.
    The difference is Ohio football >>>>>>> Indiana football. Indiana ball is not very good for the most part.

Brewer also went to a really good football school.
    "We played the State Championship in a place called Death Valley," he said. "I looked up in the fourth quarter and the only ones still alive were the Gamecocks."--SOS

1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
    The difference is Ohio football >>>>>>> Indiana football. Indiana ball is not very good for the most part.

Brewer also went to a really good football school.
    I have to agree.
    The young man above looks like a hard working player, and has skill.
    But not every great HS player is destined for a D1 program...he would probably do best at an FCS school or even a local D2 school.

Watching him, he screams Wofford to me.
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    there is no way that kid runs a 4.6.
    Dunno, but he ain't slow.
    Maybe it is his position. Fullback is not a big demand spot these days.
    ...watch the film. He's a TB in a basic spread.

He looks good...I hope we look at him and would hate to play against him if he elevates to the next level.

My precious

Looks good, I'm sure offers are going to be rolling in for him next year.

Coach Holtz said if Ryan got into a race with a pregnant woman, Ryan would finish 3rd! Went on to talk about how much heart Ryan had, desire, work ethics, the things you can't measure. Talent alone is never enough! The woods are full of those with lots of natural abilities, but fail to do the simple things. We've seen quite a few wander through Willy B. We've also seen lots of talent sign LOIs with us and never make it to Willy B!

Give me a Ryan Brewer and Connor Shaw anytime. Add those work ethics, heart, desire, etc. and talent and we have a program changer in Marcus Lattimore! Can I get 3 Latti's?

Quote Originally Posted by FLgamecockJAX View Post
    Coach Holtz said if Ryan got into a race with a pregnant woman, Ryan would finish 3rd! Went on to talk about how much heart Ryan had, desire, work ethics, the things you can't measure. Talent alone is never enough! The woods are full of those with lots of natural abilities, but fail to do the simple things. We've seen quite a few wander through Willy B. We've also seen lots of talent sign LOIs with us and never make it to Willy B!

Give me a Ryan Brewer and Connor Shaw anytime. Add those work ethics, heart, desire, etc. and talent and we have a program changer in Marcus Lattimore! Can I get 3 Latti's?

One of my favorite memories as a Gamecock fan was in the Outback Bowl when Ryan Brewer stood up and flipped the Ohio State defender like they were in the WWE.

Dude was a baller with the heart of a Gamecock.

And just think, if he doesn't get any major D1 offers from schools in his area, he will have a massive chip on his shoulders. I love a back that runs a little angry and can give a lick and a stiff arm.