Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Notre Dame

Default Re: Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    “They didn’t care about this game since they got cheated out of the playoff”
    Excuses . They cared Saturday when their players took to twitter crying like little boys that they got screwed. once they did that,didn't care,didn't want to be there went out the window. Today they are being laughed at on national media.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo Gamecock View Post
    Excuses . They cared Saturday when their players took to twitter crying like little boys that they got screwed. once they did that,didn't care,didn't want to be there went out the window. Today they are being laughed at on national media.
    No I was putting it in quotes as sarcasm.
    I don’t actually mean that
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
    UGA should have gotten in??? Where are those people now?
    so, they got beat by seven. they already took bama to the wire..notre dame wouldve gotten by 65-0 by bama.

Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    so, they got beat by seven. they already took bama to the wire..notre dame wouldve gotten by 65-0 by bama.
    Beat by 7 by the 15th team in the country who went 9-4 and lost to Maryland. It wasn't as close as the score would make you think.
    Last edited by Lalli25; 01-10-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
    Texas was not good.
    They lost 4 games this year, and gave up 30+ Points to Okie State and Maryland (in both losses)

Even with “players sitting out” Georgia’s second string should be better and they weren’t.
    They were out coached and out classed

Texas was not good.
    They lost 4 games this year, and gave up 30+ Points to Okie State and Maryland (in both losses)

Even with “players sitting out” Georgia’s second string should be better and they weren’t.

UGA didn't care just like we looked. Doesn't bother me though I dont like them and like them to lose! Nice job Herman lol
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

This is likely a true statement and why I think UTex is an emerging program.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    This is likely a true statement and why I think UTex is an emerging program.
    Always has been they just needed the coach.
    Strong was not the right one.
    Herman is .

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
    I get the point, and we're digressing into what-ifs, but I still think there's room for the conference champs and the top three teams.

And yeah, every year they'll be a conference champ that probably isn't one of the top 8 teams, but it makes the conference championship games important (otherwise, at 8 teams, it's almost better to drop one regular season game in the SEC and not play in Atlanta) and also with the three at large would be able to pick up the teams that missed b/c of a bad conference game. And if said team is that much on the bubble, they don't deserve to be there anyway.

Whatever the method, 8 teams and it will encompass everyone with any reasonable argument.
    Agreed there are many reasons why some teams might have 2 or more losses, some due to injury, bad officiating, or one in a million hail Mary's as time expire games. Heck USC is 2-3 wins better this year if they had as many injuries as Clemson did. Note to USC, remember to drink your Ostarine, it keeps the injuries away.

Championship time is when it's all on the line, if you get embarrassed by a 6-6 team in the conference championship, then you might not deserve that at large spot if you went 12-1. Also there could be more painted, Heisman QB goes down and you must rely on the back up. UCF would've beaten LSU if they had their 1st string QB. Clemson doesn't sniff the CFP if Lawrence goes down. See how easy it is to be a NCG title contender to not even being in contention?

This is why playoffs are there, it's to give teams that were on that cusp of greatness to have a chance to shine, due to set backs that other luckier teams didn't have to face.

One good example is what if Lawrence was knocked out from games 3 to 9 due to an injury, Clemson loses 2 conference games and is out of the Conference championship, Lawrence comes back and lights up the last 3 teams. Does a 10-2 Clemson not deserve a look as a possible at large team in an 8 to 12 team playoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Geezus View Post
    ND earned their spot. We're regularly seeing blowouts in the semi-finals, and somehow people think bringing in lower ranked teams is the solution.
    Bet you would love to not have faced BAMA last year and get walloped 24-6. There are a lot of teams, and it's tougher to tell who's the best when that many teams are involved and they can't go against each other, so it's tougher to tell who is more deserving. There will be less talk of deserving teams with a 8-12 team playoff.

I do think a regular season game needs to go away, the division 2a team can be an exhibition matchup a few weeks before the regular season, or during the spring. Don't let it reflect on rankings, so maybe a few weeks before the regular season.

Bet you would love to not have faced BAMA last year and get walloped 24-6. There are a lot of teams, and it's tougher to tell who's the best when that many teams are involved and they can't go against each other, so it's tougher to tell who is more deserving. There will be less talk of deserving teams with a 8-12 team playoff.

I do think a regular season game needs to go away, the division 2a team can be an exhibition matchup a few weeks before the regular season, or during the spring. Don't let it reflect on rankings, so maybe a few weeks before the regular season.
    Alabama was the better team last year regardless of the number of teams in the playoffs. It really isn't that tough to pick the 4 teams that deserve to be in the playoffs when people stop making excuses and look at it objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
    why would ND join a conference if they can go undefeated and make the playoff?
    Because then you can make it into the playoff without going undefeated. I don't think an 11-1 ND team will make it in most years.

Quote Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
    Agreed there are many reasons why some teams might have 2 or more losses, some due to injury, bad officiating, or one in a million hail Mary's as time expire games. Heck USC is 2-3 wins better this year if they had as many injuries as Clemson did. Note to USC, remember to drink your Ostarine, it keeps the injuries away.

Championship time is when it's all on the line, if you get embarrassed by a 6-6 team in the conference championship, then you might not deserve that at large spot if you went 12-1. Also there could be more painted, Heisman QB goes down and you must rely on the back up. UCF would've beaten LSU if they had their 1st string QB. Clemson doesn't sniff the CFP if Lawrence goes down. See how easy it is to be a NCG title contender to not even being in contention?

This is why playoffs are there, it's to give teams that were on that cusp of greatness to have a chance to shine, due to set backs that other luckier teams didn't have to face.

One good example is what if Lawrence was knocked out from games 3 to 9 due to an injury, Clemson loses 2 conference games and is out of the Conference championship, Lawrence comes back and lights up the last 3 teams. Does a 10-2 Clemson not deserve a look as a possible at large team in an 8 to 12 team playoff?

This didn't age well

Alabama was the better team last year regardless of the number of teams in the playoffs. It really isn't that tough to pick the 4 teams that deserve to be in the playoffs when people stop making excuses and look at it objectively.
    Totally agree. If one team dominates others in most phases of the game, you can just tell by watching. It really isn't that hard to pick #1 & #2, the other 2 spots might be more objective.

I was one who thought Uga was one of the best 4 teams after the seccg. I think bowl games and motivation can be tricky when dealing with teams that expect to or were in position to play for a NC. That said, after the dust settled I think they got it right this year...and stankin' ass clemson won and there is no debate who the best team was that night. I did enjoy seeing Saban look completely lost at times though too

That's the thing , after USC I didn't think Clemson was a top 4 team.

Another reason for more teams. Ohio St in 2014 slow start then lit it up at the end. There are years like this one where the #1 and #2 team we're the clear leaders, and others they got there off of easiness of schedule aka ND.

There are teams outside of that 4 that also beat the crap out of teams that beat teams that won or went to the playoffs. TCU beat the crap out of ole Miss in 2014 a team that beat Bama lost to during the regular season.

I just think that there are too many teams to determine a clear 4, I have my opinion on my top 4 before the cfp. It was

1 Bama
    2 Clemson.
    4 Oklahoma.
    3 UGA

I only put UGA at 3 to avoid rematch until potential national title game.

Clemson came back to form on Pittt on defense, if Pitt put 30+ on Clemson I would've questioned them with Ohio St.

Acc don't have a decent record outside of Syracuse and Clemson. Heck Pitt a 6 and 6 team was Clemson's opponent in the ACC cg

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo Gamecock View Post
    This didn't age well
    Have your fun for now Waterloo tiger. When are you going to get that name change?