Thread: Temple Owls

Default Temple Owls

Kind of feel bad for these guys. First, Rhule steps down prior to their bowl game in 2016. Their next coach, Collins, did the same this year. Then the next coach, Diaz, was there for a grand total of 18 days before accepting the Miami job. He was basically there long enough to sign a recruiting class. Really feel sorry for those signees. And he’d already hired one guy on his staff at Temple, for which the guy left a previous job. Now he’s left out in the cold along with the signees.

Guess you can’t blame Diaz for jumping on the Miami job, and Richt obviously caught everyone off guard with his decision to retire. Nevertheless, it seems the only ones who really suffer from these situations are the student athlete.

Default Re: Temple Owls

They should just give the job to Ed Foley for stability reasons if nothing else.

This Temple alum suggest a little drink and benzo's whenever someone tries to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
    Kind of feel bad for these guys. First, Rhule steps down prior to their bowl game in 2016. Their next coach, Collins, did the same this year. Then the next coach, Diaz, was there for a grand total of 18 days before accepting the Miami job. He was basically there long enough to sign a recruiting class. Really feel sorry for those signees. And he’d already hired one guy on his staff at Temple, for which the guy left a previous job. Now he’s left out in the cold along with the signees.

Guess you can’t blame Diaz for jumping on the Miami job, and Richt obviously caught everyone off guard with his decision to retire. Nevertheless, it seems the only ones who really suffer from these situations are the student athlete.

HOnestly, I blame Richt in this situation. If he was considering this move he needed to discuss it with his staff. It really makes Diaz look like a shyster but I don't really blame him one bit...reminds me of Kiffin running back to USC after one year in Knoxville

Student athletes are always the ones that get the repercussions. School gets on probation cheating players and coaches move on get paid. Student athletes that didn't cheat get post season bans.

How about let any players these coaches recruited a freebie to transfer if they want. If coaches can leave when they want in these situations let players do it.

While I don't always agree that the student-athletes are always some poor victims (they get free college, regardless of anything anyone says), I do 100% agree that this class should be let go since the HC was there 18 days and never even coached in a single game.

Did temple sign any football recruits should be the real question here.
    Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
    When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
    Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    They should just give the job to Ed Foley for stability reasons if nothing else.
    That's been mentioned, but I think it would come across as an underwhelming hire since he's gone 0-2 in the bowl games as interim coach.

Release recruits. If they want to play at Temple they will stay. If they wanted to play for Diaz they may go.

Richt has no barring in this case. It is a personal decision. I doubt he was consulted by anyone.

Diaz should take the guy he hired at Temple to Miami or have UM buy him out of the Temple contract. Probably a two year or less contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    HOnestly, I blame Richt in this situation. If he was considering this move he needed to discuss it with his staff. It really makes Diaz look like a shyster but I don't really blame him one bit...reminds me of Kiffin running back to USC after one year in Knoxville
    I have no way of knowing if this is accurate, but it's been mentioned that Richt was being forced to fire some of his staff, and that's why he abruptly resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    HOnestly, I blame Richt in this situation. If he was considering this move he needed to discuss it with his staff.
    Richt technically didnt’t “retire”.

There was a lot of pressure from the ex-players to hire him because he was a “Miami guy”.

Things went in the dumper, and those same ex-players turned on him and demanded a change.

The inmates are running the asylum.

They let him “retire” as a courtesy to prevent having to report that he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
    Richt technically didnt’t “retire”.

There was a lot of pressure from the ex-players to hire him because he was a “Miami guy”.

Things went in the dumper, and those same ex-players turned on him and demanded a change.

The inmates are running the asylum.

They let him “retire” as a courtesy to prevent having to report that he was fired.
    That's not accurate at all.