Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: *** USC MBB (10-8, 5-1) @ Oklahoma St. (8-11, 2-5) ***

Default Re: *** USC MBB (10-8, 5-1) @ Oklahoma St. (8-11, 2-5) ***

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    No they wonít.
    Thatís assault and battery
    You're to young to remember but a coach getting punched out, during a Gamecock game, has already happened though it was the opposing teams coach that got his jaw jacked!

See back in our day you didn't involve the po po in matters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    You're to young to remember but a coach getting punched out, during a Gamecock game, has already happened though it was the opposing teams coach that got his jaw jacked!

See back in our day you didn't involve the po po in matters like that.
    Wood Hayes also punched a Clemson player
    Iím fine with that

Yesterday's presser.

1. Frank still feels bad about not being able to keep Boynton on staff when he came here.

2. The players were trying to do their own thing to win the game and were not executing called plays to the point where he thought it was pointless to call timeouts to get us back on track. This is exactly why I said 4-game winning streaks are a rarity for Frank's teams while he's been here.

His teams just have not handled success well, but I also think he doesn't want to shut any new ideas on offense down, either.

The silver lining is he has gotten everything roped in and managed to get us in a position to win the games against ranked opponents.

My thought is he needs to skinny things up going forward to just limit the damage to the first half and not the entire game. Let the kids screw it up in first half and then get back in the saddle in the second half.

I honestly believe we will beat the Vols.

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    No they won’t.
    That’s assault and battery
    People don't think clearly when they lose their cool. If he gets inches from the right person't face he might catch a hook to the face. People talking about his critics being soft, but think his handling of the refs is the definition of soft. He berates and cusses at players while handling the sorry ass refs with the utmost respect.
    Last edited by peterlemon; 01-27-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
    People don't think clearly win they lose their cool. If he gets inches from the right person't face he might catch a hook to the face. People talking about his critics being soft, but think his handling of the refs is the definition of soft. He berates and cusses at players while handling the sorry ass refs with the utmost respect.
    It sounds like you are very concerned that Frank Martin will someday get punched in the face.
    Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
    It sounds like you are very concerned that Frank Martin will someday get punched in the face.
    I wouldn't be surprised but not concerned. I have defended his antics forever, but he pretty clearly has one of the most out of control sideline demeanors of any coach I've ever seen. He is only behind Bobby Knight in my opinion. I like coaches being tough on the players; his antics are probably responsible for running off or deterring players from coming here. He is obviously a good coach, but he has said himself that he needs to reel it in.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
    People don't think clearly win they lose their cool. If he gets inches from the right person't face he might catch a hook to the face. People talking about his critics being soft, but think his handling of the refs is the definition of soft. He berates and cusses at players while handling the sorry ass refs with the utmost respect.
    I mean I do.
    I know not to do that because I don’t wanna get in trouble.
    Can’t afford that now days