Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

Thread: WBB: transfer portal 2019

  1. #101
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,297

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    https://twitter.com/womenshoopz/stat...272484353?s=21

    Stephanie Watts transfers to So. Cal.
    Bad news - she’s not a Gamecock.
    Good news - she also won’t be a Bulldog, Lady Vol, or Husky and Trojans don’t look to be all that relevant next season (or the near future).

  2. #102
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,411

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    https://twitter.com/womenshoopz/stat...272484353?s=21

    Stephanie Watts transfers to So. Cal.
    Bad news - she’s not a Gamecock.
    Good news - she also won’t be a Bulldog, Lady Vol, or Husky and Trojans don’t look to be all that relevant next season (or the near future).
    Wonder why she wasn't more in demand! A lot of fan bases wanted Watts! Seems as if most top coaches had reservations

  3. #103
    Blue Chip GAMEKEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    https://twitter.com/womenshoopz/stat...272484353?s=21

    Stephanie Watts transfers to So. Cal.
    Bad news - sheís not a Gamecock.
    Good news - she also wonít be a Bulldog, Lady Vol, or Husky and Trojans donít look to be all that relevant next season (or the near future).
    Ouch that has to big blow to Tenneesee. Last I heard the fans thought she was going there. Still wish she chose USC instead of SoCal.

  4. #104
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,411

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
    Ouch that has to big blow to Tenneesee. Last I heard the fans thought she was going there. Still wish she chose USC instead of SoCal.
    Do you think she went 3000 miles away because she preferred it?

  5. #105
    Blue Chip GAMEKEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Do you think she went 3000 miles away because she preferred it?
    It wouldn't surprise me, everyone talks about players wanting to stay closer to home, but some people like a nice change of pace. My brother would be a prime example of someone who would have went to the University of Hawaii over some southeastern school if given the chance.

  6. #106
    Walk On Kinghardheaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    She ended her high school career as the top all-time prep scorer in California. Passing past players named Cheryl Miller, Lisa Leslie, and Diana Taurasi in the process. I would say she knows how to score. I would also refrain from using any player's accomplishments while at Texas as a guide for their ability to play the game, because that team has a mountain-sized anchor around it's neck named Karen Aston....

    This is kind of off topic, but I immediately thought of Jatarie White after reading this. Was she over ranked? From what I saw she was phenomenal in high school. The #1 center in the country at the time and now cut to the present and she wasnít even drafted in WNBA. . I just started thinking of players that were amazing in high school and it never progressed to college. White in particular because she was ranked so high. Hereís hoping that Littleton gets back to her old high school self.

  7. #107
    Recruit Cockfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
    This is kind of off topic, but I immediately thought of Jatarie White after reading this. Was she over ranked? From what I saw she was phenomenal in high school. The #1 center in the country at the time and now cut to the present and she wasn’t even drafted in WNBA. . I just started thinking of players that were amazing in high school and it never progressed to college. White in particular because she was ranked so high. Here’s hoping that Littleton gets back to her old high school self.
    White was lazy, didn’t like to play defense or play in the low post. I also should mention she was kinda selfish as well. Those are reasons why she was not as good and never lived up to her potential. She was better at Texas because she started figuring it out, but too late to become an elite player.

  8. #108
    Walk On 85gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Ladazhia Williams transferring to Mizzou. That's a kick in the jewels. Guess she forgot about being called a thug by their fans the last time we played there.

    https://twitter.com/gogamecocks/status/1128752235737907200
    Last edited by 85gamecock; 05-15-2019 at 04:14 PM.

  9. #109
    Veteran USCharleston2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    929

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    White was lazy, didn’t like to play defense or play in the low post. I also should mention she was kinda selfish as well. Those are reasons why she was not as good and never lived up to her potential. She was better at Texas because she started figuring it out, but too late to become an elite player.
    I think injuries early in her career hampered her growth... well, that and a certain player named A'ja Wilson who took all of Jatarie's minutes.

  10. #110
    Blue Chip GAMEKEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
    I think injuries early in her career hampered her growth... well, that and a certain player named A'ja Wilson who took all of Jatarie's minutes.
    This. Injuries set her back but it was hard to compete for minutes when you have both Coates and Wilson in the rotation. It's hard going from being a top 5 prospect in the nation to being the 3rd or possibly 4th best post player on your own team at the time. So I can understand her frustrations.

  11. #111
    Recruit Cockfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Karisma Ortiz to Texas. What an idiot. Karen Aston does less with more talent than any program in the country. I can tell you Destiny Littleton had some choice “off the record” remarks about Aston. Not sure if there is another transfer Dawn is involved with. Focus could be on 2020 now.

  12. #112
    Walk On 85gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    Karisma Ortiz to Texas. What an idiot. Karen Aston does less with more talent than any program in the country. I can tell you Destiny Littleton had some choice “off the record” remarks about Aston. Not sure if there is another transfer Dawn is involved with. Focus could be on 2020 now.
    Do you think she was a take for Dawn? I didn't see her taking both Littleton and Ortiz. Which do you like best?

  13. #113
    Blue Chip GAMEKEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    I still hope we go after another immediate option for a center. We're putting a lot on Boston and I rather have another 5 fouls to give.

  14. #114
    Household Name EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,317

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    any player that is good rebounder and interior defender that could play immediately would be great to add.

  15. #115
    4-Star bbbbookert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    columbia
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
    any player that is good rebounder and interior defender that could play immediately would be great to add.
    See that's the problem we need immediately impact but one that would not stop Boston growtg6

  16. #116
    Recruit Cockfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
    I still hope we go after another immediate option for a center. We're putting a lot on Boston and I rather have another 5 fouls to give.
    i doubt that happens. You have Saxton, Kiki, Boston and Amihere. Dawn has said that Laeticia is ahead of schedule and will be 100 percent by fall. That’s 4 players plus Wesolek is also there. Dawn is close to landing a bigtime post for 2020 and doesn’t want to crowd the depth chart.

  17. #117
    Walk On 85gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    i doubt that happens. You have Saxton, Kiki, Boston and Amihere. Dawn has said that Laeticia is ahead of schedule and will be 100 percent by fall. That’s 4 players plus Wesolek is also there. Dawn is close to landing a bigtime post for 2020 and doesn’t want to crowd the depth chart.
    Who's the post? and who else do you think we are in good shape for?

  18. #118
    4-Star bbbbookert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    columbia
    Posts
    451

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    i doubt that happens. You have Saxton, Kiki, Boston and Amihere. Dawn has said that Laeticia is ahead of schedule and will be 100 percent by fall. Thatís 4 players plus Wesolek is also there. Dawn is close to landing a bigtime post for 2020 and doesnít want to crowd the depth chart.
    The Georgia post or somebody else...

  19. #119
    Walk On 85gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Looks like former Tennessee Mimi Collins will be transferring to Maryland. Her home state.

  20. #120
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,411

    Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

    Esmery Martinez got her release from Miss State. She has reopened her recruitment! Martinez is a 6'3" forward.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •