Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBB: transfer portal 2019

Default WBB: transfer portal 2019

Some great names in the portal subsequent to all the coaching chaos. Do you think Dawn will go after any? Two names that interest me are Elizabeth Balogun @_Ga Tech and Janelle Bailey @ UNC!

Default Re: WBB: transfer portal 2019

Not sure of the numbers, but Dawn usually leave a spot or two open. Wouldn't mind seeing her grab some experience to go with the super squad of freshmen

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Scholarship players already on roster (2019-20 class):

1) Cooper (RS - Sr.)
    2) Harris (Sr.)
    3) Herbert-Harrigan (Sr.)
    4) Jackson (Jr.)
    5) Grissett (Jr.)
    6) Williams (Jr.)
    7) Henderson (So.)
    8) Saxton (So.)
    9) Wesolek (So.)
    10) Cooke (Fr.)
    11) Beal (Fr.)
    12) Amihere (Fr.)
    13) Boston (Fr.)

Collegiate WBB can have up to 15 scholarship players on the roster. Olivia Thompson is also coming in with the freshman class, but she is a preferred walk-on currently. So we can either take 1 more and give Olivia a scholarship, or leave her as a WO and take 2 more....

Bailey and Balogun...to go along with Beal and Boston. WBB version of Killer Bees.

I totally agree on Janelle Bailey, an experienced post player that can rebound and has some range. Most importantly she's already been tested by the ACC and I believe have 2 years of eligibility left.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
    I totally agree on Janelle Bailey, an experienced post player that can rebound and has some range. Most importantly she's already been tested by the ACC and I believe have 2 years of eligibility left.

Agree 100%! Bailey would be a great addition. Physical tenacious post with a mid range jumper. Great help for Boston. Balogun is a great defensive wing that can shoot the three. She along with Beal and Amihere would upgrade our man defense back Staley standards. It will interesting to see where they wind up!

I don't believe we've received any news of Bailey officially being in the transfer portal, but that may be only a matter of time the way things are going. She's from Charlotte and is another big talent from Providence Day (T. Mitchell, Jatarie White). One player of interest we do know is in the portal is Elizabeth Dixon of GT, a 6'5" freshman who averaged 11 and 6.

I very much missed this 'Basketball Recruits' thread while CT was off. Good to see CT is back and hopefully we can return the momentum to keep some track of Gamecock b-ball recruiting news.

Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    I don't believe we've received any news of Bailey officially being in the transfer portal, but that may be only a matter of time the way things are going. She's from Charlotte and is another big talent from Providence Day (T. Mitchell, Jatarie White). One player of interest we do know is in the portal is Elizabeth Dixon of GT, a 6'5" freshman who averaged 11 and 6.

I very much missed this 'Basketball Recruits' thread while CT was off. Good to see CT is back and hopefully we can return the momentum to keep some track of Gamecock b-ball recruiting news.
    Do you know if the staff had any ties to Dixon before she committed to Tech? If I'm not mistaken she committed kinda early!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Do you know if the staff had any ties to Dixon before she committed to Tech? If I'm not mistaken she committed kinda early!
    I don't know if they did. Skimming back, we weren't talking about Dixon being recruited by USC here on Cockytalk. Of course, that doesn't mean USC hadn't recruited her early on.

This is the stuff that makes this site the best. You can't find this discussion anywhere else

There's an ESPNW article on Dixon that mentions her turning down from a list schools that doesn't include USC. But Tennessee is on the list so maybe coach Law has a connection with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    This is the stuff that makes this site the best. You can't find this discussion anywhere else
    Fire Kingston! Wait, I've been spending too much time at FGF....

Law was recruiting her when she was at Tennessee. Same for Balogun.

6’4 Sidney Cooks leaving Michigan St. 2 years eligibility. Dawn recruited her out of HS.

Destinee Walker and Stephanie Watts out of North Carolina can play immediately and they’re some straight up ballers. Cooks can play anywhere on the floor so she would be a great get as well. I’m wondering which direction Dawn is going to go. The only transfer I feel like that didn’t work out for us was Nelly Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
    Destinee Walker and Stephanie Watts out of North Carolina can play immediately and they’re some straight up ballers. Cooks can play anywhere on the floor so she would be a great get as well. I’m wondering which direction Dawn is going to go. The only transfer I feel like that didn’t work out for us was Nelly Perry.
    Looks like Destinee Walker committed to Notre Dame this weekend.
    https://twitter.com/womenshoopz/stat...407704064?s=21

Also apparent signs that former Cal guard Kianna Smith is possibly committing to Louisville.
    https://twitter.com/womenshoopz/stat...647998464?s=21

And former Louisville and UGA guard Taja Cole pictured hanging out with MSU’s Chloe Bibby and Andrea Espinoza- Hunter.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwNiSxql...id=ytt87utk0qh

Elizabeth Balogun & Elizabeth Dixon, formerly of Georgia Tech, and Kiana Smith of Cal, transfer to Louisville.
    https://gocards.com/news/2019/4/14/w...019-class.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
    Elizabeth Balogun & Elizabeth Dixon, formerly of Georgia Tech, and Kiana Smith of Cal, transfer to Louisville.
    https://gocards.com/news/2019/4/14/w...019-class.aspx
    Wow, that was quick. I hope we have some quality transfers come our way soon too.

Bianca Jackson chose to transfer to FSU!

I'm hoping we go after Watts. She averaged 15 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.1 assists last year and would fit in nicely on the wing for us.