Thread: Patrick Iriel

Default Patrick Iriel

6'9" F/C at AC Flora in Columbia. Has offers from G.T., So. Cal, Wofford, College of Charleston and others. 3* and no. 40 ranked player at his position. Has begun to receive a lot of interest this summer. (247 has him listed at 6'10" and 225)

I can't find anything on his stats.

No offer from SC.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Default Re: Patrick Iriel

It is amazing how little attention our state gets in recruiting, whether it is basketball or football. For every Zion Williamson, there are a bunch of Ja Morant type guys.

Iriel moves well, is coordinated, can shoot the 3, even has some hops. Well, maybe "hops" is an exaggeration, but he can (and does) dunk the ball (Maik, take note). Frank knows about him and told him to keep working to get better. He could use a little more muscle but that usually happens as he grows into his height.

He just picked up an offer from Cincinnati and will continue to draw more attention over the summer. I just hope that he is not another one that gets away.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Patrick Iriel is a member of the 2020 class.....

247sports.com Bio

Rivals Bio

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Patrick Iriel is a member of the 2020 class.....

247sports.com Bio

Rivals Bio
    Thanks, I meant to put that in the title and forgot. Do you have any info on his stats from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    It is amazing how little attention our state gets in recruiting, whether it is basketball or football. For every Zion Williamson, there are a bunch of Ja Morant type guys.

Iriel moves well, is coordinated, can shoot the 3, even has some hops. Well, maybe "hops" is an exaggeration, but he can (and does) dunk the ball (Maik, take note). Frank knows about him and told him to keep working to get better. He could use a little more muscle but that usually happens as he grows into his height.

He just picked up an offer from Cincinnati and will continue to draw more attention over the summer. I just hope that he is not another one that gets away.
    I'm sure he knows about him ... it's his job to know. Question is whether he is good enough to play at our level. I can find no discussion about him at all.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    I'm sure he knows about him ... it's his job to know. Question is whether he is good enough to play at our level. I can find no discussion about him at all.
    Frank does know about him - there was a clip of Iriel playing in front of Martin at the USC facility, and Iriel said that Frank talked to him and encouraged him to work hard and get better. Which I took to mean that Frank had interest but that he was not currently a take.

Iriel would be a fallback if we miss on someone like PJ Hall. When I said that I hoped he was not going to be "one that got away", I meant a player that we did not get that blossomed into a big-time player, like Ja Morant.

One of the problems with in-state recruits is that you have to be careful - no conditional offers. With Morant, Frank may have waited a little too late to come with a firm offer, allowing Murray State to sneak in. We run the same risk with Iriel.