Thread: 2019-2020 MBB roster

Default Re: 2019-2020 MBB roster

Quote Originally Posted by ColaBoi83 View Post
    pg - bolden (cuisnard, Hannibal, moss)
    sg - lawson (minaya, nelson)
    sf - bryant (mcleary, anderson
    pf - henry (leveque, frink
    c - kotsar
    It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Moss start at PG with Bolden playing some 2 guard along with Couisnard. Then there's true freshman Trae Hannibal. Guard has the most potential in years.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

I think this will be our most athletic team in a long, long time.

Frink will not start

Pg. Bolden
    Sg. Lawson
    Sf. Minaya
    Pf. Kotsar
    C. Henry

Moss, Hannibal
    Cuisinard, Anderson
    Bryant, McCreary
    Frink
    Leveque

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Pg. Bolden
    Sg. Lawson
    Sf. Minaya
    Pf. Kotsar
    C. Henry

Moss, Hannibal
    Cuisinard, Anderson
    Bryant, McCreary
    Frink
    Leveque
    i got
    Bolden
    Lawson
    Minaya
    Henry
    Kotsar

Moss / Hannibal
    Couisnard
    Bryant / Anderson
    Frink or McCrary
    Leveque

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Frink will not start
    I wouldn't be so sure. If Henry takes a while to adapt, then Frink has a good chance at starting. Especially since he's not playing catchup from injuries like he did all last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Moss start at PG with Bolden playing some 2 guard along with Couisnard. Then there's true freshman Trae Hannibal. Guard has the most potential in years.

i would be very surprised to see moss start over bolden given bolden's experience, scoring ability, and passing skills. i definitely expect all of our guards to switch it up between the 1 and 2 spots, particularly cuisnard, minaya and moss. bolden's a soild floor general, the likes we haven't seen since duane notice, pg will be his home.

does the program have any plans to go after Tevin Mack now that he's leaving Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by ColaBoi83 View Post
    does the program have any plans to go after Tevin Mack now that he's leaving Alabama?
    We donít have any scholarships left to give so he would have to walk on. We have also made the Final cut for Seventh Woods along with Michigan and Gonzaga. We are pretty loaded at guard with Lawson, Cousinard, Bolden, Moss, Minaya, Hannibal. I believe Mack is 6í7 so he could play a lean 4 similar to what Carrera did. But I really doubt we get either unless these guys just really want to come home.

Is it just me or is Mack a bit of a head case? While I think he would have benefited from having a coach like Frank, I don't particularly want him here.

If Seventh walked on, I wouldn't be opposed to him playing here, especially if it's likely that AJ does in fact go pro after this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
    Is it just me or is Mack a bit of a head case? While I think he would have benefited from having a coach like Frank, I don't particularly want him here.

If Seventh walked on, I wouldn't be opposed to him playing here, especially if it's likely that AJ does in fact go pro after this upcoming season.
    This will be his 3rd school

seems like that to me

I was shocked we were even going after Seventh, considering us not having any available scholarships. The next school will be Tevin's 4th he'd be committing to since High School, WOW.

With all the talent these two guys have they could've been huge hometown favorites and the cornerstone to us making the tourneys for years to come. They could've also started the pipeline of in-state guys committing to us over the last few years as well. I wonder how their handlers feel now that they lead two potential NBA players with a ton of potential to playing overseas after their college careers are over. I wish them both the best as I think we'll be fine without them with the guys we have that wants to be here.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

On the Bolden versus Moss thing - Frank is tying up a schollie for three years on Bolden to get two years of PT, so he will get every chance to start. Plus, Moss missed practices last season while Bolden got to participate, so he is way ahead of Moss. My bet is on Bolden, who was the assist leader at GW along with the #2 (and leading returning) scorer.

The wild card is Hannibal. Frank is very high on him and he will play. A lot. But I am not sure he is a true PG. If he is, then he will be heavily in the mix. And with ballhandlers like Minaya and Lawson in the line-up, we could use someone that is not a true PG and still be able to run the offense efficiently.

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

Since both players are from in-state, I guess they could attend school on a lottery scholarship, if they qualify.

I would take many only if we had an open spot already and he could play immediately.

I would take seventh woods in a heartbeat. He's got talent, didn't use it to create opportunity at UNC. You can never have too many good guards

I would take many only if we had an open spot already and he could play immediately.

I would take seventh woods in a heartbeat. He's got talent, didn't use it to create opportunity at UNC. You can never have too many good guards
    Woods is that teen boy having the hots for a girl that doesn't think he is all that. He finally got the date he wanted and it tanked. Now he is curious about the one that actually wanted him. I say leave Woods be. It won't work! I want young guns with fire in the belly for being Gamecocks!

Hell, I'd take both with all the injuries we had last year imagine having all 15 players on your roster seeing minutes. If we got both those guys and both could play immediatley there would be no excuse for us to not make the tournament.

Well we will know on Seventh Woods next week! He has made his choice and will announce next week! My guess is the delay is waiting for paperwork to clear!

How can we take Seventh Woods? Would he pay his own way while he sits out a year?

Use some of the handshake money he was given at UNC to pay for a year. He still will come out way ahead.