Thread: USC FOOTBALL COACHES

Default USC FOOTBALL COACHES

Since Coach Muschamp has updated his staff and hired a couple of new guys and moved one coach around to a different position, what does the Gamecock Nation think about the hiring of these new coaches and the move by Coach Bentley to Tight Ends Coach?

Personally, I think it is an upgrade to all positions and also for Coach Bentley. Our running backs were/are still kind of behind the rest of the division and hopefully Coach Brown will improve this situation. Coach Scott has got to be an improvement for our D-Lineman as Coach Thompson wanted out and our D-Line were suffering for it. I also think that Coach Bentley is the type of coach that can pretty much coach wherever you put him or wherever the team needs him.

What say you?

Default Re: USC FOOTBALL COACHES

I think hiring Brown as a RB coach and moving B. Bently over to TE Coach was a good move. The
    jury is still out on how much that will improve the team / offense until after several games have
    been played this season. Can't tell who successful it will be based on the Spring game alone.
    Me personally, I'm not thrilled about Scott as the new D/Line Coach. The guy has a below average
    track record every where he's coached and didn't stay at once certain program long enough to
    "mesh" with the teams. I could be 100% wrong about my opinion on Scott. I was way too skeptical
    of the move to put McClendon in the OC job instead of going out and hiring a known commodity
    with a proven record of success. Mac has turned out to be a solid hire there with what he's had
    to work with. I hope I can say the same thing about Scott a couple of years from now. .. I'm
    not feeling that hire though.

They seem like decent moves, but who knows. I think there are questions with Scott, but maybe his past stops just weren't good fits for him? He seems knowledgeable, so hopefully it all translates to more wins. I agree that Bentley is a guy that could coach just about anything. I'm glad he is willing to do so as well.

Ask me in November. People get too excited about these "hype" videos the marketing department puts out, and the sample size right now is too small.
    I'm only here for the reputation points.

IMO, moving Bentley to TE coach is the easiest way for him to transition out of the program (see JB graduating) and it not have lasting impacts. I think that was a smart and calculated move made for the future. Brown will be an improvement. Scott as D-Line coach is a toss up, hard to love it or hate it.
    "The ACC: it just means .... less."

-GeoCocky66

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Need coach Brown to reel in some studs at RB.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
    Ask me in November. People get too excited about these "hype" videos the marketing department puts out, and the sample size right now is too small.
    That video of Coach Brown mic'ed up at practice had me wanting to put on the pads and hit somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by Nureye View Post

Yeah they do. Of course it works the other way too. One loss or squeaking by a clearly inferior team, and this place goes into a complete meltdown.
    ----------------------------------------------

Hope the new coaches make a difference, but until the cause for the 28-0 debacle is addresses, who knows?