Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WBB Next Year

Default WBB Next Year

It's never too early to look ahead to next year's team! We're definitely going to be young with only three upperclassmen and the incoming group of five freshmen but it's going to be really talented. What will the starting lineup be? How much time do those freshmen get? Does Staley add a grad transfer?

Default Re: WBB Next Year

Now that KiKi is returning I am beyond excited for this team. It’s just the right size roster for some good playing time. I see Ty, Henderson, Ki Ki, Saxton, and Boston as the starting five. But the fact we have Beal, Cooke, and Letecia coming off the bench. These girls are going to get good playing time early on and I think they’re going to develop quickly. Our rebounding and block shots will more than likely be number 1 in the conference. This team will be young but very very good. I may be underestimating Letecia just based on her injury but we can’t forget she was the #1 player in this class overall before the injury.

This early, I predict a highly talented team & with Kiki on board, if we are not Top 10 or better would be a surprise to me. Starting lineup I predict (& welcome other predictions as well to compare):

Guards: Harris (PG) / Henderson / Cooke
    PF: Amihere
    SF: Herbert-Harrigan

Why? I liked this year’s lineup of the 3 guard lineup & aside from Harris, Henderson showed great potential competing as a freshmen & if unleashed, look out SEC! Upon watching the McDonalds’ classic, I don’t see how you can keep cooke out of the starting lineup, as she has the whole package to be freshmen of the year in the SEC.

Regarding forwards, Kiki will have an AA season and Amihere is an international experienced player with superb talent on both ends of the court to compliment Kiki.

Off the bench: I loved Boston with the double double in the MacDee classic as a true center & believe her first year will be developmental as a freshmen, but highly effective in the middle which will be troublesome to elite programs. Couple that with Beal who showed she is a baller & Saxton with a year under the belt, you have to be more than enthused about the bench depth. And let us not forget LeLe Grissette who has to be much improved & still one of my favorites.

We can use a post or forward transfer preferably who can play this coming season.
    Last edited by Texas_Gamecock; 04-17-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Starting lineup: Harris, Henderson, Amihere, Boston, KiKi

When we go small: Harris, Henderson, Beal, Amihere, KiKi

Saxton will play a lot to keep Boston and Amihere fresh, Beal will spell KiKi,while Zia will spell both point guards

Forgive me for forgetting Wesolek! I think she will play a lot! Olivia Thompson will help us bust some zones! Lele has to develop some offensive moves and learn to make 10' jumpers!

Another question is how Amihere will fit in coming off her injury. In her press conference today, Dawn said that her rehab is ahead of schedule and she will be ready at the beginning of the year but you have to imagine they won't push her too much unless she is 100%. If she is ready to go it's going be hard to keep her off the floor.

I also think Beal is the most likely to get a lot of playing time as she is our only true wing player on the team. We have a lot of forwards, so unless Dawn plans on playing either Herbert-Harrigan or Grisett on the wing, Beal will have the opportunity to start right away. Cooke is also someone who looks ready to go and can back up both guard spots but will definitely have to learn to play at the right speed. With only four scholarship guards (plus Thompson as a walk-on) there is plenty of playing time available.

My guess is
    1-Harris
    2-Henderson
    3-?????? Beal/ (Grissette with a strong off season) or hopefully a transfer like Watts
    4-Kiki
    5-Boston

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygamecock View Post
    Another question is how Amihere will fit in coming off her injury. In her press conference today, Dawn said that her rehab is ahead of schedule and she will be ready at the beginning of the year but you have to imagine they won't push her too much unless she is 100%. If she is ready to go it's going be hard to keep her off the floor.

I also think Beal is the most likely to get a lot of playing time as she is our only true wing player on the team. We have a lot of forwards, so unless Dawn plans on playing either Herbert-Harrigan or Grisett on the wing, Beal will have the opportunity to start right away. Cooke is also someone who looks ready to go and can back up both guard spots but will definitely have to learn to play at the right speed. With only four scholarship guards (plus Thompson as a walk-on) there is plenty of playing time available.
    No one wants to believe it because she is 6'3", Amihere is a wing! But she is unbelievably quick and agile! In high school she guarded all five positions! She has range on her jumper like KiKi! She probably won't stroke it as consistently as KiKi her freshman year! You can't sag off her!

Beal is terrific and will play a lot! We'll play small at times! But I don't think Coach Staley wants to get punished in the paint like last season! Amihere and Boston will start!

Starting line up:

Harris, Henderson, Harrigan, Boston and Saxton/Amihere

But, more than likely I see Dawn getting a grad transfer center in and have Boston coming off the bench.
    The others will be off the bench but get plenty of minutes which will aid development.

Who knows if Grissett by some miracle shows massive development in the off season, she may get the start
    ~Silence is Golden and duct tape is Silver~

Harris
    Henderson
    Beal
    Kiki
    Boston

Zia
    Transfer/Thompson
    Lele
    Amihere/ Wesolek
    Saxton

Kiki is NOT a wing. She’s a stretch 4 that can play in the post.

Amihere is NOT a wing player either. She’s a 4 that can play on the block or facing the basket to the 3 point line.

We gotta let the transfer stuff shake down at the end of the season first.

If the rumors are true about Stephanie Watts she is an automatic starter and one hell of a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghardheaded View Post
    If the rumors are true about Stephanie Watts she is an automatic starter and one hell of a baller.
    What rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Milks26 View Post
    Starting line up:

Harris, Henderson, Harrigan, Boston and Saxton/Amihere

But, more than likely I see Dawn getting a grad transfer center in and have Boston coming off the bench.
    The others will be off the bench but get plenty of minutes which will aid development.

Who knows if Grissett by some miracle shows massive development in the off season, she may get the start
    There is no grad transfer center better than Aliyah Boston! Boston would have started for us last season! She is already better than Jennings. Why do you think national analysts refer to this as one of the two best classes in WBB history? Amihere and Boston are unreal! Cooke and Beal are excellent!

Would love to add Watts to the roster! I'll give it credibility when she visits!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
    Kiki is NOT a wing. She’s a stretch 4 that can play in the post.

Amihere is NOT a wing player either. She’s a 4 that can play on the block or facing the basket to the 3 point line.
    Amihere is the best athlete Dawn ever recruited! She is not the offensive machine A'ja was! But she is faster and more explosive! She guarded all 5 positions in high school! She is a wing! But I would play her at four. Amihere and Beal are both great defenders. Dawn will love playing them a lot. To get everyone enough minutes Amihere will play 3,4&5. The key to the lineup is how much offense Saxton can add. Will KiKi become a better rebounder and passer!

What rumors?
    Dawn is looking for an guard that can come in and play immediately. She said that in her latest interview and evidently Watts is someone she is in talks with. I agree with us not needing another post player. Boston is the number 1 center in the country with Saxton and Amihere who both have tremendous rebounding ability we will be just fine.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

I think that people are overlooking the talent of Beal and Cooke. They will play early and often, and could even start. With a Senior PG and Destinee having some experience, we will still have some veteran experience and can play (really) talented Freshmen.

Kiki is a stretch 4 in certain line ups, but she's much better operating on the perimeter and the mid range. She doesn't bring enough physically to be a post player. So with 2 better post players she certainly can be a wing and very good one.

Harris
    Henderson
    Beal
    Herbert-Harrigan
    Boston

I think coming off double knee surgeries that Amihere is more likely to ease into things off the bench. I suspect that we'll see a lot of different combinations up front.