Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: WBB Next Year

  1. #41
    4-Star Phillygamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by 85gamecock View Post
    The Jordan Classic was played yesterday in Vegas. Our girls got some great reviews. Zia Cooke was MVP of the Black Team.

    https://twitter.com/PassThaBall/status/1119751193029251072


    https://twitter.com/SkinsHoops86/status/1119743425065041921

    https://twitter.com/SkinsHoops86/status/1119736788317159424
    Here is the box score if anyone is interested:

    https://jordanbrandclassic.com/wp-co...irls-Game-.pdf

  2. #42
    4-Star bbbbookert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    columbia
    Posts
    440

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$pro1 View Post
    Does anybody have a link to the Jordan Brand Game? I know it was streamed on twitter but couldnít watch it live.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jumpman23

  3. #43
    Starter JDuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$pro1 View Post
    Does anybody have a link to the Jordan Brand Game? I know it was streamed on twitter but couldnít watch it live.
    @Jumpman23's broadcast: 2019 Jordan Brand Classic
    https://www.pscp.tv/w/b40SjjFXTEVSZV...y28GCR-e?t=00s

  4. #44
    Walk On Texas_Gamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    After watching the JordanBrandClassic, you have to be amazed at the talent coach is bringing in. Zia & Queen B are strong penetrators that will break down defenses; something we lacked this past season. Both are highly versatile & let’s not forget the walking double double machine in Boston. She was definitely strong in the middle & has the body to compete in the SEC. Along with Amihere, A new DAWN is arriving for next season!
    Last edited by Texas_Gamecock; 04-23-2019 at 07:00 AM.

  5. #45
    Blue Chip VBCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    I don't think South Carolina has had any major impact on UConn.

  6. #46
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
    I don't think South Carolina has had any major impact on UConn.
    A'ja Wilson and Alaina Coates told UCONN no! Aliyah Boston and Laeticia Amihere told UCONN no. It's insane to suggest we haven't had major impact! We have yet to beat them on the court! But South Carolina is a primary reason the Geno/UCONN dynasty is over. Granted Notre Dame has had more impact than any team. But USC has had significant impact!

  7. #47
    Blue Chip VBCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    A'ja Wilson and Alaina Coates told UCONN no! Aliyah Boston and Laeticia Amihere told UCONN no. It's insane to suggest we haven't had major impact! We have yet to beat them on the court! But South Carolina is a primary reason the Geno/UCONN dynasty is over. Granted Notre Dame has had more impact than any team. But USC has had significant impact!
    This is truly undeserved credit that you are asserting on South Carolina's behalf.

    We're at best an ancillary reason why UConn had come back to the back slightly. While this does look like UConn's worst team in a long while coming up and that will perhaps be directly linked to this past recruiting season, USC can't exactly say they're the main school who has denied them players who would be significant next season. Quite the opposite, several of their most important players next season were USC targets.

  8. #48
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
    This is truly undeserved credit that you are asserting on South Carolina's behalf.

    We're at best an ancillary reason why UConn had come back to the back slightly. While this does look like UConn's worst team in a long while coming up and that will perhaps be directly linked to this past recruiting season, USC can't exactly say they're the main school who has denied them players who would be significant next season. Quite the opposite, several of their most important players next season were USC targets.
    You are suggesting UCONN losing top 10 recruits has a minimal impact on UCONN s slide?

  9. #49
    Household Name EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,311

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    If we weren't a top program now, some other program would have done what we did and they would be getting top recruits as well. So you can't say we are what is keeping UConn back. UConn was so good for so long that there was no place for them to go but down. No one can keep that kind of quality forever. The other thing may be the fear that Geno may retire. Or maybe its just not easy to find players that are super talent AND unselfish AND are willing to take hard coaching and high expectations. And it could have been a couple of slow years for those kinds of players. Yet he seems to be back to getting the top recruits now for the next 2 classes.

  10. #50
    Blue Chip VBCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    You are suggesting UCONN losing top 10 recruits has a minimal impact on UCONN s slide?
    To the extent that you credit South Carolina with UConn's slide, I think you are out of your mind.

  11. #51
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
    To the extent that you credit South Carolina with UConn's slide, I think you are out of your mind.
    I clearly stated we were one of the factors! I explicitly stated Notre Dame and Muffett McGraw was the primary reason. How are we debating something no one said? I responded to the ridiculous comments that we were a non factor in UCONN slide! Any idiot knows had Aja gone to UCONN they would have won titles in 2017 and 2018! Also it is very obvious that Boston choosing us hurt their chances in the near future! Beating them on the recruiting trail is very impactful! Debating it is rather silly!

  12. #52
    Bowl MVP GeoCocky66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    2,416

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    I clearly stated we were one of the factors! I explicitly stated Notre Dame and Muffett McGraw was the primary reason. How are we debating something no one said? I responded to the ridiculous comments that we were a non factor in UCONN slide! Any idiot knows had Aja gone to UCONN they would have won titles in 2017 and 2018! Also it is very obvious that Boston choosing us hurt their chances in the near future! Beating them on the recruiting trail is very impactful! Debating it is rather silly!

    Ha - you just summed up Cockytalk!!

  13. #53
    Blue Chip VBCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    I clearly stated we were one of the factors! I explicitly stated Notre Dame and Muffett McGraw was the primary reason. How are we debating something no one said? I responded to the ridiculous comments that we were a non factor in UCONN slide! Any idiot knows had Aja gone to UCONN they would have won titles in 2017 and 2018! Also it is very obvious that Boston choosing us hurt their chances in the near future! Beating them on the recruiting trail is very impactful! Debating it is rather silly!
    I think trying to promote South Carolina as a significant reason UConn doesn't win the national championship every year is somewhat embarrassing.

    Other programs have had much more to do with that.

  14. #54
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
    I think trying to promote South Carolina as a significant reason UConn doesn't win the national championship every year is somewhat embarrassing.

    Other programs have had much more to do with that.
    Reading is fundamental! The last word I leave to you and whatever illusion you seem to be locked in!

  15. #55
    Blue Chip VBCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    Reading is fundamental! The last word I leave to you and whatever illusion you seem to be locked in!

    It's an open ended comment. You can decide for yourself whether it applies to you. I don't know. I wasn't originally responding to you so not sure I agree with the way you have characterized my comments.

    If you don't think South Carolina is a significant reason UConn doesn't win the title every year, then we agree. IF you think South Carolina is a significant factor, then we do not.

  16. #56
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,462

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    ESPN has put out it's "Way Too Early Top 25 For 2019-20", with Oregon and Baylor leading the way:

    1. Oregon
    2. Baylor
    3. Stanford
    4. Maryland
    5. Texas A&M
    6. Oregon State
    7. Connecticut
    8. Mississippi State

    9. South Carolina Gamecocks

    The Gamecocks have the nation's top-rated recruiting class coming to Columbia next season. Led by top-10 recruits Aliyah Boston, point guard Zia Cooke and forward Laeticia Amihere, some believe it's the best class the sport has seen in some time. Once a Final Four favorite, the Gamecocks will have to rely heavily on their youth. Within the past 10 days, four players -- most notably juniors Te'a Cooper (team-high 11.9 PPG) and Mikiah Herbert Harrigan (10.4 PPG) -- announced they were transferring, though Herbert Harrigan has reportedly withdrawn her name from the transfer portal. Junior Tyasha Harris (10.9 PPG, 5.3 APG) and freshman Destanni Henderson are both returning to the backcourt.

    10. Syracuse
    11. Florida State
    12. Kentucky
    13. Michigan State
    14. Louisville
    15. Texas
    16. UCLA
    17. Notre Dame
    18. Minnesota
    19. Arizona State
    20. DePaul
    21. Michigan
    22. Arkansas
    23. West Virginia
    24. Tennessee
    25. NC State

    http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...top-25-2019-20
    As with most "way too early" rankings, there's still too much information yet to factor in, for them to have much weight. The schedules and opponents are not yet established, and transfer additions and subtractions will impact team depth. But my early take-away from this is how far UConn, Notre Dame, and Louisville have fallen in one off-season. And I think that we'll be in the hunt for another SEC title this season....

  17. #57
    Household Name EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    5,311

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    A'ja Wilson and Alaina Coates told UCONN no! Aliyah Boston and Laeticia Amihere told UCONN no. It's insane to suggest we haven't had major impact! We have yet to beat them on the court! But South Carolina is a primary reason the Geno/UCONN dynasty is over. Granted Notre Dame has had more impact than any team. But USC has had significant impact!
    You are acting like Uconn used to get recruiting classes like Bama footall before we were any good? That simply isn't the case. There recruiting classes have been pretty much the same. Tennessee use to be the team that had the best recruitng, its them if we are hurting. We've basically replaced them, but we aren't affecting UConn any more then they used to.

  18. #58
    1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    10,185

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    We have won some close recruiting battles and lost some with UCONN, but the same can be said about some other schools. Getting Jolette Law on staff was huge and we need to keep her here and keep her happy.

  19. #59
    Recruit Milks26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
    Getting Jolette Law on staff was huge and we need to keep her here and keep her happy.
    Yes, that was a good get. Thank God she wanted to get closer to home. I don't think we would've gotten that class in without her hustle. Keep her happy
    ~Silence is Golden and duct tape is Silver~

  20. #60
    Walk On Kinghardheaded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: WBB Next Year

    Thanks for the link to the Jordan Classic Game. I have to say Beal was awfully impressive. She puts me in the mind of Gray. I wish there were more videos of Amihere, I donít know much about her game but I keep hearing she is the best person in our class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •