Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer - Tavien Feaster

Default Re: Tavien Feaster

Tell Seventh Woods to pick up Feaster on his way down to Columbia. Come to SC and shock the world.

I don’t understand how a Clemson player can come play here
    do they not understand the rivalry?

i would never make that move
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

Rivals.com’s Woody Wommack reports that the following six schools have emerged as possible options for the talented running back:
    Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and East Carolina.

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
    Rivals.com’s Woody Wommack reports that the following six schools have emerged as possible options for the talented running back:
    Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and East Carolina.
    The morning after that was all said, there was a report from Tony Morrell that there is mutual interest in Feaster coming to SC.

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

I, personally, don't think its worth bringing him in. You are wasting a scholarship in the 2020 class to do this.

Unless you are 100% certain that he is going to beat out Dowdle, Denson, Turner, Fenwick, Harris, and Valentine ; I just don't see what this does for us. Especially when we throw the football as much as we do.

I'd rather see Myles Sims come in and provide depth at Corner or Safety for 2-3 years. Seems like a better investment.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

He’s an upgrade from any rb we currently have in rushing and receiving ability.

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
    He’s an upgrade from any rb we currently have in rushing and receiving ability.
    Dowdle has more career rushing yards, catches, and receiving yards than Feaster and he has been hurt pretty much his whole career so I disagree with this.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
    Dowdle has more career rushing yards, catches, and receiving yards than Feaster and he has been hurt pretty much his whole career so I disagree with this.
    Tell Em C2! Facts rather than unwarranted euphoria.

ON TARGET!!! FIRE FOR EFFECT!!!

OORAH!!!!!!!

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

I, personally, don't think its worth bringing him in. You are wasting a scholarship in the 2020 class to do this.

Unless you are 100% certain that he is going to beat out Dowdle, Denson, Turner, Fenwick, Harris, and Valentine ; I just don't see what this does for us. Especially when we throw the football as much as we do.

I'd rather see Myles Sims come in and provide depth at Corner or Safety for 2-3 years. Seems like a better investment.
    Agreed, and I don't see what this does for him: as others have said, I imagine he wants to go somewhere where he has an above-solid chance to get starts and major carries to show his capability for the next level. Dowdle was our top back last season, and he barely averaged above 10 carries a game. Unless our staff are telling him he'll shoot straight to the top of the depth chart (won't happen), or he thinks he's just so good that he'll do it anyways (possible, but still a huge risk to take), I expect him to find somewhere that needs RB depth.....

Good point, but do we have poor rushing stats because we throw so much or do we throw so much because we have poor rushing stats?

Either way, I agree. I don't think it is a mutually beneficial arrangement. While it would be cool if we were certain that he would go out there and just tear it up on the field, I don't think that the evidence points that way. At best it would probably do more harm than good in regards to the guys who have been with us the whole time.
    ----------------------------------------------

If Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas are coming after this guy, I’m not sure how we have fans here that don’t think he’s worth the spot. Dowdle May have better stats, but Dowdle also didn’t have to compete with a Heisman contender and likely first round pick for carries/playing time. None of our RB have proven to be an every down back. I think he could handle getting 20 carries a game and he’s also good in the passing game.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
    If Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas are coming after this guy, I’m not sure how we have fans here that don’t think he’s worth the spot. Dowdle May have better stats, but Dowdle also didn’t have to compete with a Heisman contender and likely first round pick for carries/playing time. None of our RB have proven to be an every down back. I think he could handle getting 20 carries a game and he’s also good in the passing game.
    I may be mistaken, but we would have to count towards 2020 to sign him, and he can only play one year (2019). Personally, given that this year will be a 6-7 maybe 8 win season if we are lucky, would rather use the slot on a guy who can play more than one year.

Neither has seen the field as the feature back due better backs ahead (Feaster)or injuries (Dowdle). Feaster still an upgrade. In 100 fewer attempts he has a higher average per rush and more TDs. Less wear and tear than a back that has been injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    I may be mistaken, but we would have to count towards 2020 to sign him, and he can only play one year (2019). Personally, given that this year will be a 6-7 maybe 8 win season if we are lucky, would rather use the slot on a guy who can play more than one year.
    I get what you’re saying and while I do think that coaches look toward the future, I’m not so sure they look at it this way. You have a guy you’ve seen play at the top level for a few years. He would make an impact and compete for the starting job (arguably the favorite to win the job) the second he steps on campus. That’s worth the one year you have him. And yes we would be lucky to get 8 wins, but there’s a big difference between the team going 6-6 and 8-4 this year. The added depth and talent to that position would help them win games.

Look at it it this way...you have the following running backs you’re counting on this year.
    Rico
    Denson
    Turner
    Fenwick

Lets say either Dowdle or Denson suffer a significant injury (which honestly doesn’t require a stretch of your imagination). You want to face our schedule with the backs you have left? I just think he’s definitely worth taking even if it’s one year.

I get what you’re saying and while I do think that coaches look toward the future, I’m not so sure they look at it this way. You have a guy you’ve seen play at the top level for a few years. He would make an impact and compete for the starting job (arguably the favorite to win the job) the second he steps on campus. That’s worth the one year you have him. And yes we would be lucky to get 8 wins, but there’s a big difference between the team going 6-6 and 8-4 this year. The added depth and talent to that position would help them win games.

Look at it it this way...you have the following running backs you’re counting on this year.
    Rico
    Denson
    Turner
    Fenwick

Lets say either Dowdle or Denson suffer a significant injury (which honestly doesn’t require a stretch of your imagination). You want to face our schedule with the backs you have left? I just think he’s definitely worth taking even if it’s one year.
    And If they don't get hurt, the coaches sold them out for a 1 year player who is unfamiliar with the system, great message to send recruits. Does his being on the roster and passing all of the RB's in the room that already know the system move us from 6-7 wins to 8-9 wins?

Between Harris, Dowdle, Denson, Turner, Fenwick and Valentine I think an SEC caliber coach could create some sort of rushing game.

Give me a 4* who will learn the system and contribute for 2-3 years over a 4* who could contribute for one. Just my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    And If they don't get hurt, the coaches sold them out for a 1 year player who is unfamiliar with the system, great message to send recruits. Does his being on the roster and passing all of the RB's in the room that already know the system move us from 6-7 wins to 8-9 wins?

Between Harris, Dowdle, Denson, Turner, Fenwick and Valentine I think an SEC caliber coach could create some sort of rushing game.

Give me a 4* who will learn the system and contribute for 2-3 years over a 4* who could contribute for one. Just my feelings.
    You know the last 4* RB that signed with Carolina? Mike Davis. That was seven recruiting classes ago. SEVEN. And let’s be honest, SC hasn’t had a consistent running game since he left. That’s what I don’t undersnd about fans that are saying “nah we’re good”. No we’re not! You’re not selling out the other guys. The coaches job is to do everything they can to bring in the best players and win football games. Guys are transferring everywhere, recruits don’t care.

You have Rico who can’t stay healthy and can’t catch the ball. Mon is good for a few carries but everyone knows he’s not an SEC back. Turner is splitting time on defense and is not a guy you run between the tackles. Fenwick hasn’t proven himself. It’s not like they’re going to give him the starting spot. He’ll definitely have to earn it. I think he flat out has the talent to come in and beat these guys and provide depth at a position that everyone knows needs to be improved.

You know the last 4* RB that signed with Carolina? Mike Davis. That was seven recruiting classes ago. SEVEN. And let’s be honest, SC hasn’t had a consistent running game since he left. That’s what I don’t undersnd about fans that are saying “nah we’re good”. No we’re not! You’re not selling out the other guys. The coaches job is to do everything they can to bring in the best players and win football games. Guys are transferring everywhere, recruits don’t care.

You have Rico who can’t stay healthy and can’t catch the ball. Mon is good for a few carries but everyone knows he’s not an SEC back. Turner is splitting time on defense and is not a guy you run between the tackles. Fenwick hasn’t proven himself. It’s not like they’re going to give him the starting spot. He’ll definitely have to earn it. I think he flat out has the talent to come in and beat these guys and provide depth at a position that everyone knows needs to be improved.
    He might, but he might not. Again, I'd rather spend the spot on a 2-3 year player that will contribute. Different stokes for different folks.

David Williams was a 4 star (0.931). Our rushing problems have extended beyond our RBs, especially during the brief, but ugly, Kurt Roper era.

Agreed. Sometimes it’s about the Jimmies and the Joes. There’s no technical system to learn and the competition could help them all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    David Williams was a 4 star (0.931). Our rushing problems have extended beyond our RBs, especially during the brief, but ugly, Kurt Roper era.
    Ah yes, I stand corrected. So that was six recruiting classes ago? I think my point still holds that our running game hasn’t been a threat since 2014. I do agree that it’s been multiple issues, but not having an elite/true SEC caliber RB and enough depth has been the biggest imo.

And since you mentioned David Williams, seems like there’s a similarity to him and Feaster. Three years at a school, graduates and then transfers to finish out at another power 5 school. Turned out pretty well for him as he added depth to Arkansas RB group, statistically had his best year and was drafted.