Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer - Tavien Feaster

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

Default Transfer - Tavien Feaster

Feaster may be entering the “Transfer Portal”. Could end up at South Carolina if it happens.

Default Re: Tavien Feaster

Interesting, would he be graduate transfer and eligible this year?

Heard this is already a done deal. Let’s just hope he’s more fruitful than the last tater transfer if he decides to come here.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSmothers1 View Post
    Heard this is already a done deal. Let’s just hope he’s more fruitful than the last two tater transfers if he decides to come here.

fixed....

Belk, and.....who am I forgetting?

He shouldn't be eligible this year, he has no medical or personal reason to even be considered for immediate eligibility.

Hell, most kids with serious legitimate personal reasons don't get immediate eligibility.

EDIT: well shit, for some reason it's reported he is being granted immediate eligibility. The NCAA is so ass backwards sometimes.

I hope we get him for next year. A good RB is all we need to be a legit team this year.
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
    Belk, and.....who am I forgetting?
    I assume Kaleb Chalmers, but maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    He shouldn't be eligible this year, he has no medical or personal reason to even be considered for immediate eligibility.

Hell, most kids with serious legitimate personal reasons don't get immediate eligibility.

EDIT: well shit, for some reason it's reported he is being granted immediate eligibility. The NCAA is so ass backwards sometimes.

I hope we get him for next year. A good RB is all we need to be a legit team this year.
    He's supposed to graduate in summer so I'm not sure what your issue with him getting immediate eligibility is.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSmothers1 View Post
    Heard this is already a done deal. Let’s just hope he’s more fruitful than the last tater transfer if he decides to come here.
    Already a done deal to transfer here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    I have no inside information but will be shocked if he ends up at USC. He has one year to demonstrate his worth to pro scouts, and I just don't see him walking into a crowded RB competition like we're going to have in 2019.

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

HOPE SO!

OORAH!!!!!!!

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

There’s some strong rumors going around, but my source who told me about Belk coming here is also saying the same thing. Feaster knows he would start here, there’s no question about that.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
    There’s some strong rumors going around, but my source who told me about Belk coming here is also saying the same thing. Feaster knows he would start here, there’s no question about that.
    Interesting... thanks for sharing.

1st Team All-American crowcutta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    I have no inside information but will be shocked if he ends up at USC. He has one year to demonstrate his worth to pro scouts, and I just don't see him walking into a crowded RB competition like we're going to have in 2019.
    he may feel hes just that much better than our backs. he was the no.1 all purpose back for his class according to 247. not that that necessarily means anything now. he probably just wants to go somewhere that he feels he has a good chance of being a starter and can showcase himself. we'll see if we check more boxes than his other options, but we dont have an entrenched starter guaranteed to get most of the carries, we do have a good senior qb and at least two threats at wr that may help his production and a new rb coach that said dont expect an every gets a turn rotation at rb so potentially more carries.

Quote Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
    he may feel hes just that much better than our backs. he was the no.1 all purpose back for his class according to 247. not that that necessarily means anything now. he probably just wants to go somewhere that he feels he has a good chance of being a starter and can showcase himself. we'll see if we check more boxes than his other options, but we dont have an entrenched starter guaranteed to get most of the carries, we do have a good senior qb and at least two threats at wr that may help his production and a new rb coach that said dont expect an every gets a turn rotation at rb so potentially more carries.
    I hope you're right. For me, though, it isn't just about the quality of our current backs. Even if Feaster is "better" in nearly all respects than our current crop (which I think he probably is), it's still a new system, new bodies, new coaches, etc., and he wouldn't be coming to campus until August (at least that's my understanding, since he'll be finishing up over summer). Rico, Mon, AJ, Deshaun et al. have been through this before, at least once with BMac as OC and several years with Jake as QB in some cases. In theory, I suppose he could redshirt (since he didn't at Clemson), but I wouldn't think that would be too appealing. It would be close to home, which would be a plus (I would think). I'm interested to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post

He’s a Grad transfer

I like the fact that he knows the Clemson play book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
    I like the fact that he knows the Clemson play book as well.
    You wouldn't guess that based on his pass blocking

Does he prefer to run between the tackles or right into them? If he does the former, then he's already better than what we've had.

Of course that is assuming all of these "sources" are correct. The "experts" seem to think he's going elsewhere. Tennessee has been mentioned a couple of times.
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by PFW79 View Post
    You wouldn't guess that based on his pass blocking
    It's funny how when a Clemson player decides to transfer, all the Clemson fans just shit on them and act like they sucked anyways.

Lol, so much for that good ole "Clemson family"
    Do ya thing