Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: Felipe Hasse Transferring

  1. #1
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,344

    Default Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Just announced he's putting his name in the transfer portal
    Do ya thing

  2. #2
    BMF gamecock88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    _
    Posts
    7,340

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Seventh Woods is as well

  3. #3
    Walk On Soda City Spur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Lugoff
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Damn... was looking forward to him playing an extended role next season. Maybe he'll stay
    How many kids are going to listen to Dabo say "aw shucks, if yew join ush, I'll promise yuh a natty ring and a fifty grayund, hyuk hyuk..." - 2k15

  4. #4
    Git Dat Baw Luke Skycocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Augusta
    Posts
    47,359

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Even less depth in the post, great

  5. #5
    El Logical DrZyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Away down south in Dixie
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    FrankenMartin just put his name in the coaches transfer portal

  6. #6
    Starter Spur20001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greenwood, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,298

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    I don't see this as being a big loss at all. He was a good shooter but the rest of his game was not good. He made numerous bad decisions when the ball was in his hands. I think Frank will pick up a better player.

  7. #7
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,654

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
    I don't see this as being a big loss at all. He was a good shooter but the rest of his game was not good. He made numerous bad decisions when the ball was in his hands. I think Frank will pick up a better player.
    Maybe,..... 7th?


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Heisman Candidate gotrice?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Charleston/Columbia
    Posts
    15,144

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Apparently his old HS coach who he happens to be extremely close with and leaned on through the recruiting process got an AC job at Mercer which is why smart money is on him ending up there. As for his replacement. If they can find a grad transfer big who provides defense and rebounding that's who they'll take, we've got players who can score we need some additional post help on the defensive end. If that doesn't pan out it'll be interesting to see if Frank can find a late bloomer/under the radar kid like he did with Bryant very late in the process last year after the Bowen ruling went against us. I'd think the priority though is a grad transfer big though.

  9. #9
    1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mt. Pleasant
    Posts
    12,122

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    I loved Felipe's ability to stretch the court with his shooting but he was not tall or athletic enough to make an impact inside. This gives us the chance to pick up a grad transfer, JUCO, or under the radar big that can help more inside, which we need.

    Remember that entering the portal is not the same as actually leaving - he might still come back. But I suspect that Frank sees the need for inside muscle now that Silva is gone, and knew that Cudd and Haase were not the best fits. So he either encouraged the move or, at least, is not that upset.

    Haase would be very good at a place like Mercer or Wofford, where the bigs are not as athletic as the in the SEC, and he can make threes. I wish him the best!

  10. #10
    1st Team All-SEC Wisercock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Not Seventh Woods. That's water under the bridge. He and Haase would do well at a school like Mercer.

    We need a big man transfer. Someone who can rebound and play defense. We will have enough shooters next year.

  11. #11
    Blue Chip GAMEKEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Unlike Cudd this is an impactful loss. He was decent threat from 3 and kept the opposing defense honest. He wasn't super athletic and tend to make some poor turnovers at time. But he still seem to find a way to be at the right place at the right time in many games. Good luck to him but I really hope we can get a athletic big to replace him.

  12. #12
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,344

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    I agree, I don't think Seventh is a fit. He never really saw the court much at UNC, didn't seem like any sort of key contributor. I'd rather find a new guy fresh off the street who has heart and real physicality.
    Do ya thing

  13. #13
    1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    10,185

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
    Seventh Woods is as well
    A trade, perhaps?

  14. #14
    BMF gamecock88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    _
    Posts
    7,340

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Haha doubtful. He has talent and did see the floor in the NCAAT. This team needs more of it so I’d welcome him. Not a replacement for Hasse’s role but definitely an upgrade in overall talent.
    Last edited by gamecock88; 04-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.

  15. #15
    BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER GamecockUltimate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Club Fields
    Posts
    7,521

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    so I guess this upcoming year the excuse will still be we are young....

  16. #16
    Household Name kingofnerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Straight Outta CLA
    Posts
    6,579

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    You usually find out in their first season why transfers never got PT at their previous school; they really need two years in Frank's system. I would liked to have seen what Frank Booker and Tre Campbell would have done with a second season.

    The status quo has been Frank's opponent with most of his players since he has been here, but I like the players Chuck Martin has brought in.

    I guess the transfers would rather go somewhere else where they can get PT without having to work as hard as they do here. Haase could have been a consistent starter this past season if he had boxed-out and gotten more rebounds.

    I'm sorry to see him go, but you can push a rope.

  17. #17
    Starter AndersonCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Anderson SC
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
    You usually find out in their first season why transfers never got PT at their previous school; they really need two years in Frank's system. I would liked to have seen what Frank Booker and Tre Campbell would have done with a second season.

    The status quo has been Frank's opponent with most of his players since he has been here, but I like the players Chuck Martin has brought in.

    I guess the transfers would rather go somewhere else where they can get PT without having to work as hard as they do here. Haase could have been a consistent starter this past season if he had boxed-out and gotten more rebounds.

    I'm sorry to see him go, but you can push a rope.
    Hasse wouldve seen extensive playing time, your opinion on this certain situation doesn't make sense. As far as Seventh Woods goes, he had his chance to come here but he chose to ride the pine at UNC in hopes to become the next Jordan instead being the first Seventh Woods at South Carolina. We are pretty much full at guard but I wouldnt be surprised to see Woods transfer to Clemson because they are losing both starting guards who played 30 minutes each. I don't care where Frank gets our replacement for Hasse as long as they can contribute immediately

  18. #18
    1st Team All-SEC AmonRa777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    greenwood sc
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    If Frank isn't trying to give that scholarship to Kerry Blackshear of Va Tech it's coaching malpractice!
    Last edited by AmonRa777; 04-28-2019 at 02:58 PM.

  19. #19
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
    so I guess this upcoming year the excuse will still be we are young....
    Hey if Kentucky can use it every year, why can't we??

  20. #20
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: Felipe Hasse Transferring

    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
    Hasse wouldve seen extensive playing time, your opinion on this certain situation doesn't make sense. As far as Seventh Woods goes, he had his chance to come here but he chose to ride the pine at UNC in hopes to become the next Jordan instead being the first Seventh Woods at South Carolina. We are pretty much full at guard but I wouldnt be surprised to see Woods transfer to Clemson because they are losing both starting guards who played 30 minutes each. I don't care where Frank gets our replacement for Hasse as long as they can contribute immediately

    I could be wrong, but a ACC player transferring to another ACC program has some hurdles to overcome....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •