Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SPOILERS] AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Default Re: [SPOILERS] AVENGERS: ENDGAME

Loved the movie right up until the end. With Captain America going back and just living out his life, would it not create all sorts of issues? Like didn't Peggy marry someone and have children. Wouldn't he basically have erased all that by going back so he could be with her. And while he's enjoying married life, that would mean he knows what is really going on but chose to ignore it so he could have a normal life? That's not Captain America. Granted, I don't understand all the time travel rules after just seeing it once. Cap. would have been my choice to go out in battle and let Tony live out his life.

Anyone else notice the Hulk is probably permanently damaged from the snap?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
    Anyone else notice the Hulk is probably permanently damaged from the snap?

They'll concoct some way for a remarkable recovery to occur!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
    My theater roared when Cap caught Mjölnir and then cheered the entire time Cap fought Thanos...the theater went up another level when Sam voice was heard from the portals and you started seeing the other Avengers emerging. That whole scene, right through Captain American saying "Avengers Assemble" (which I believe is the first and only time we've heard him say the complete phrase in a movie) had even ME cracking a smile.

I deducted a point from a perfect ten because of things that irked me about the movie and most involved Captain Marvel.

I didn't like that she popped up and saved Tony and Nebula in the middle of the universe. It just seemed too astronomically improbable - even in a comic book movie.

The moment the Captain Marvel and all the females assembled to fight Thanos brought audible groans from the men and WOMEN in the audience. It felt very forced but if it works for giving the daughters out there and awesome comic book moment, I guess it was worth it. It just stopped the momentum for me.

Hulk Banner was fine for me and actually make sense as character progression for that character that I had not seen in other media forms (I don't follow the comics).

Lastly, the details presented in this movie will make watching the previous MCU movies even more enjoyable because of the ways some of those scenes, plot points, character mannerisms all came back into play.
    I agree. It was too obvious what they were doing there and it felt a bit forced, like there was an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
    They'll concoct some way for a remarkable recovery to occur!
    The Hulk has regenerative abilities in the comics, so it won’t take much concocting. It would be cool if they left him permanently scared at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
    The Hulk has regenerative abilities in the comics, so it won’t take much concocting. It would be cool if they left him permanently scared at least.
    I hope they heal him up! I like the mean rampaging Hulk! I thought Prof. Hulk was the worst part of a,terrific movie. I say that understanding full well the old Hulk could not have executed the snap.

I finally saw it this weekend and thought it was well done. We laughed a lot early RDJ will be missed by me the most as he has done a great job as Tony Stark. I understand the Hulk transition, but at times felt like I was looking at Shrek and could not shake that image throughout the movie. Curious to see how Sam becomes Capt America. I know he did in the comics, but he does not have any super strength or any of the other power that Cap has so unless I missed something all he really has is the shield, but I have not read comics since childhood, so maybe someone can elaborate on that.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    I finally saw it this weekend and thought it was well done. We laughed a lot early RDJ will be missed by me the most as he has done a great job as Tony Stark.
    I have always been #TeamStark. He most definitely was my favorite. I knew that either Cap or Tony or both would die. When Tony reconciled with his father, I realized it would be him. At least I was able to prepare myself, unlike with Han in TFA.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

One more question. What happened to Mjollnir. Cap took it with him, but did not bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
    I have always been #TeamStark. He most definitely was my favorite. I knew that either Cap or Tony or both would die. When Tony reconciled with his father, I realized it would be him. At least I was able to prepare myself, unlike with Han in TFA.
    Not to digress too much from this but how did you not think Han would die? I said it while watching the movie. Harrison Ford was getting too old for this and I knew they would kill him off. Lots of rumors before the movie came out. Surprised at how it happened but not shocked he died.

In the same way, either Stark or Cap would die. You had a good feeling coming into it that it would happen.

1st Team All-American crowcutta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
    One more question. What happened to Mjollnir. Cap took it with him, but did not bring it back.
    dropped it off in the past just like the stones otherwise it wouldnt have been available for thor during portions of thor the dark world, avengers age of ultron, or thor ragnarok so i'd assume its fate in ragnarok remains the same.