Thread: 3 - 2 - 1 Pork Ribs

Default 3 - 2 - 1 Pork Ribs

Going to do the "Johnny Triggs version of ST. Louis Ribs" Sunday. I have done them before and they are awesome.

Will be using Johnny Triggs style of cooking them - which is 3 hours one way - two hours another way - and then one hour at the end.

It will be a good meal that will be "High On The Hawg"!!!!

Default Re: 3 - 2 - 1 Pork Ribs

I made some "Ass-Kicking-Ribs" last night - using the "3 -2 -1" RECTEC Recipe.

They are by far the best ribs I have ever made and eaten - until the next time I cook them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream, you seem to be enjoying the heck out of your Rectec. Good for you.
    Bison

I did a few racks of 3-2-1 ribs last week on my Weber Smoky Mountain. Should have done 3-1-2 or even 3-1-1. They were very tasty and had great smoke flavor but were a bit overdone due to too much time in the foil. If ribs "fall off the bone," I have definitely screwed up.

Side note, I had a little salmon around that I needed to cook, so I brined it overnight and put it in the smoker with the ribs, brushing with maple syrup a few times. I was afraid it would come out too dry because it was in with the ribs (higher temp than recommended), but it was great. First time I'd smoked salmon and definitely won't be the last.

Sounds like the ones from Amazing Ribs. https://amazingribs.com/
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

My 3,2,1's were what my son asked for his 8th B-day dinner earlier this week....
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
    If ribs "fall off the bone," I have definitely screwed up.
    While I agree on one level, most folks that eat them will disagree.

But I know where you are coming from...
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
    Dream, you seem to be enjoying the heck out of your Rectec. Good for you.
    Thanks FC, as I have really enjoyed my RECTEC - Bull. It makes it a whole lot easier to grill/smoke things and they pretty much give you all the recipes that you need to make some very outstanding food. I do however, change a few things that they do on their recipes from time to time to put my own special touch to them.

I did a few racks of 3-2-1 ribs last week on my Weber Smoky Mountain. Should have done 3-1-2 or even 3-1-1. They were very tasty and had great smoke flavor but were a bit overdone due to too much time in the foil. If ribs "fall off the bone," I have definitely screwed up.

Side note, I had a little salmon around that I needed to cook, so I brined it overnight and put it in the smoker with the ribs, brushing with maple syrup a few times. I was afraid it would come out too dry because it was in with the ribs (higher temp than recommended), but it was great. First time I'd smoked salmon and definitely won't be the last.

I did drop my temp down to 230 for my "3-2-1 Ribs" and they came out a lot better to me. They did not "fall off the bone, but Myron Mixon would have loved them as they stayed on the bone when you bit into them and then gently pull off the bone and the taste was outstanding".

I do the salmon thing, I just never have done the brine part overnight and the salmon has always tasted great. Maybe one day when I have the time I will give the salmon a brine treatment to see what the difference is. Good luck with all of your grilling and smoking recipes. Keep us posted as we can learn from one another as things change daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My 3,2,1's were what my son asked for his 8th B-day dinner earlier this week....

Lonnie, I think the "3-2-1- Method" is the Johnny Triggs Style of doing ribs. It is an awesome recipe and I am sure your son had a great birthday dinner.

I did some 3-2-1 baby backs yesterday for the first time. It was more like 2.5-2 ribs though since they were falling apart before I could get them out of the foil. Oh well trial and error still makes for some tasty results.
    ----------------------------------------------

I am going to do about three slabs of "St. Louis Style Ribs" on Saturday and it will be the "3 - 2 - 1" - Johnny Triggs recipe.

Well, I did three slabs of the "3 - 2 - 1 - St. Louis Ribs" tonight and totally knock it out of the ballpark per my guests/friends.