Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

  1. #1
    Hoops Fanatic doublea1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    530

    Default Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    The Gamecocks will play The Scarlet Knights at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, Nov. 16 in a regular season game sponsored by the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame.

    According to NJ.com, the Hall of Fame will host and operate what the contract calls an "event" with the arena.

    It will be the first-ever meeting between Rutgers and South Carolina, and an opportunity for the Gamecocks to get a great non-conference victory at the beginning of the season, as Rutgers has some of the highest expectations of their program in years, their 4th under head coach Steve Pikiell.

    https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball...xt-season.html
    “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

  2. #2
    Starter SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    Quote Originally Posted by doublea1971 View Post
    as Rutgers has some of the highest expectations of their program in years, their 4th under head coach Steve Pikiell.
    and what are those?
    finishing with 8 conference wins instead of 7?
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

  3. #3
    Hoops Fanatic doublea1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    and what are those?
    finishing with 8 conference wins instead of 7?
    Well, you've got a point. But nonetheless, they've got a HUGE team. 4 guys who are 6'9" or 6'10", and 6'7" Eugene Omoruyi who is a scoring and rebounding machine. Don't forget, they play in the Big 10, and are a NJ team. There's a lot more talent there than initially meets the eye.
    “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

  4. #4
    Starter SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    Quote Originally Posted by doublea1971 View Post
    Well, you've got a point. But nonetheless, they've got a HUGE team. 4 guys who are 6'9" or 6'10", and 6'7" Eugene Omoruyi who is a scoring and rebounding machine. Don't forget, they play in the Big 10, and are a NJ team. There's a lot more talent there than initially meets the eye.
    i know you’re trying to be optimistic but they’ve been an NJ team for a lot of years and have always been shit.
    NJ has amazing HS talent, and none of the top players go to Rutgers

    they have less tourney appearances than we do.
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

  5. #5
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,462

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    i know you’re trying to be optimistic but they’ve been an NJ team for a lot of years and have always been shit.
    NJ has amazing HS talent, and none of the top players go to Rutgers

    they have less tourney appearances than we do.
    And what is your point with these posts? To just trash opponents because "hey everybody! Look! I am trashing an opponent!!"?? It's an opponent, a power 5 opponent that likely will pose a match-up problem for our team in the post. I can see people just come running to trash opponents because they are in some odd mood to trash opponents, and then we lose to them by 20 pts. Right now IMO we're not in a place to trash opponents: we need wins, and wins against teams from bigger conferences, even if they aren't bigger teams. Stonybrook, Providence, Wofford, and Wyoming should tell Gamecock fans that we're not in a place to just arbitrarily trash opponents on our schedule.....

  6. #6
    1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    10,185

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    I'd much rather go to Toronto than Cancun. I will definitely consider that trip.

  7. #7
    Starter SheckWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Buckhead
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    And what is your point with these posts? To just trash opponents because "hey everybody! Look! I am trashing an opponent!!"?? It's an opponent, a power 5 opponent that likely will pose a match-up problem for our team in the post. I can see people just come running to trash opponents because they are in some odd mood to trash opponents, and then we lose to them by 20 pts. Right now IMO we're not in a place to trash opponents: we need wins, and wins against teams from bigger conferences, even if they aren't bigger teams. Stonybrook, Providence, Wofford, and Wyoming should tell Gamecock fans that we're not in a place to just arbitrarily trash opponents on our schedule.....
    I was trashing the comment in the article, because it’s hilarious
    sure we could lose to them, but we aren’t very good, doesn’t mean they are either
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

  8. #8
    Starter Gamerooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gamecock Country
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

    AJ is from Toronto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •