Thread: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

Default Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

The Gamecocks will play The Scarlet Knights at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, Nov. 16 in a regular season game sponsored by the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame.

According to NJ.com, the Hall of Fame will host and operate what the contract calls an "event" with the arena.

It will be the first-ever meeting between Rutgers and South Carolina, and an opportunity for the Gamecocks to get a great non-conference victory at the beginning of the season, as Rutgers has some of the highest expectations of their program in years, their 4th under head coach Steve Pikiell.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball...xt-season.html
    “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Default Re: Gamecocks to Play Rutgers in Non-Conference Schedule (2019-20)

Quote Originally Posted by doublea1971 View Post
    as Rutgers has some of the highest expectations of their program in years, their 4th under head coach Steve Pikiell.
    and what are those?
    finishing with 8 conference wins instead of 7?
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    and what are those?
    finishing with 8 conference wins instead of 7?
    Well, you've got a point. But nonetheless, they've got a HUGE team. 4 guys who are 6'9" or 6'10", and 6'7" Eugene Omoruyi who is a scoring and rebounding machine. Don't forget, they play in the Big 10, and are a NJ team. There's a lot more talent there than initially meets the eye.
    “What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by doublea1971 View Post
    Well, you've got a point. But nonetheless, they've got a HUGE team. 4 guys who are 6'9" or 6'10", and 6'7" Eugene Omoruyi who is a scoring and rebounding machine. Don't forget, they play in the Big 10, and are a NJ team. There's a lot more talent there than initially meets the eye.
    i know you’re trying to be optimistic but they’ve been an NJ team for a lot of years and have always been shit.
    NJ has amazing HS talent, and none of the top players go to Rutgers

they have less tourney appearances than we do.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    i know you’re trying to be optimistic but they’ve been an NJ team for a lot of years and have always been shit.
    NJ has amazing HS talent, and none of the top players go to Rutgers

they have less tourney appearances than we do.
    And what is your point with these posts? To just trash opponents because "hey everybody! Look! I am trashing an opponent!!"?? It's an opponent, a power 5 opponent that likely will pose a match-up problem for our team in the post. I can see people just come running to trash opponents because they are in some odd mood to trash opponents, and then we lose to them by 20 pts. Right now IMO we're not in a place to trash opponents: we need wins, and wins against teams from bigger conferences, even if they aren't bigger teams. Stonybrook, Providence, Wofford, and Wyoming should tell Gamecock fans that we're not in a place to just arbitrarily trash opponents on our schedule.....

1st Team All-American Cockhornleghorn's Avatar

I'd much rather go to Toronto than Cancun. I will definitely consider that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    And what is your point with these posts? To just trash opponents because "hey everybody! Look! I am trashing an opponent!!"?? It's an opponent, a power 5 opponent that likely will pose a match-up problem for our team in the post. I can see people just come running to trash opponents because they are in some odd mood to trash opponents, and then we lose to them by 20 pts. Right now IMO we're not in a place to trash opponents: we need wins, and wins against teams from bigger conferences, even if they aren't bigger teams. Stonybrook, Providence, Wofford, and Wyoming should tell Gamecock fans that we're not in a place to just arbitrarily trash opponents on our schedule.....
    I was trashing the comment in the article, because it’s hilarious
    sure we could lose to them, but we aren’t very good, doesn’t mean they are either

AJ is from Toronto