Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAAAYYY....PLEASE COME BACK....

Default Re: RAAAYYY....PLEASE COME BACK....

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
    See post above. Offensively, this was one of the worst teams we've had since the turn of the century. Batting average was atrocious. I am not a fan of the style of play or results.
    Style of play? Our main problem IMO was lack of plate discipline. Too often we were swinging at the 1st pitch even when the ball was not close to the strike zone and we often dug ourselves into a very early hole with the pitch count. Then we became too cautious and often took a called 3rd strike right over the plate. I am confident our BA will show a dramatic improvement next season when Mark has more of his recruits and more time to work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
    Not happening!
    Kingston will get this straightened out.
    You mean a team full of jucos that someone else developed?

Last in the SEC in era, batting average and 11th in fielding...

Not much at all impressive about this squad...a few young guys have some promise but that's about it.

How much more time should we give Kingston 2yrs, 3yrs, 5 yrs? If we do, chances are we will be in worse shape.Then t will take the net coach 3-5yrs to rebuild. Are you as fans really ready to wait that long?

Quote Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
    How much more time should we give Kingston 2yrs, 3yrs, 5 yrs? If we do, chances are we will be in worse shape.Then t will take the net coach 3-5yrs to rebuild. Are you as fans really ready to wait that long?
    Kingston should get three more years. It took Scott Stricklin (UGA) five years to right the ship at UGA. One should be able to win at Georgia and Florida schools. Both states are filled with talent. We ought to be able to recruit from Georgia, NC, and SC much better. It will be difficult to be patient but I didn't see anyone big time coach wanting this job two years ago. We tried the ace recruiter and it didn't work. What concerns me is Coach Tanner was consistent in the number of wins every year (competitive teams) even without first rounders. I am hoping for the best! We'll see. Go Gamecocks!!

5 years is the normal time for a coach to have a full roster of his recruits. I disagree with you. I think Mark is the right man and will get this program back to great times. Ray will give him at least that much time and we will see which one of us is wrong.

BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER GamecockUltimate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    Not sure I would call RT a good AD. The facts don't really back that up yet.
    I beg to differ. The facts say he has been a pretty good AD for our sports programs. How about that National championship we just won yesterday?

Depends on the level of progress. I seriously doubt he survives another season like this. Way too many empty seats in the stadium. Hopefully he can turn it around. It would be an understatement to say I am very disappointed to be watching the baseball selection show and feeling the same I usually feel while watching the basketball selection show. Been a tough year for Cocky.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    Bill Shankly, YNWA!

Y'all that want Ray Tanner gone do realize that the university has won more National Championships under him and thanks to him than the rest of our history combined, right?

It's not all about the major 3 mens sports. We are competing at elite levels in so many sports across the board right now. Football is get back where it was and Coach Kingston will right this ship, and every single one of you will tell us how you've supported Coach Tanner from day 1.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Quote Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
    How about that National championship we just won yesterday?
    Had no idea.
    what sport was that?

10 SEC teams made it to the post season. But we are at home. Clemsusks made it to the post season, But we are at home. Baseball used to be the sport we could count on at least being competitive. But we are at home

10 SEC teams made it to the post season. But we are at home. Clemsusks made it to the post season, But we are at home. Baseball used to be the sport we could count on at least being competitive. But we are at home
    We weren't home last season when nobody gave Kingston a chance of making the post season.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

Ncaa Mens Tennis Champion I believe. Young man from England. Paul Jubb is this young man, Sheck.
    Last edited by garnet&black1998rn; 05-30-2019 at 08:28 AM. Reason: information

Quote Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
    Ncaa Mens Tennis Champion I believe. Young man from England. Paul Jubb is this young man, Sheck.
    Ah got it
    yea i only watch football and men’s basketball

Exactly. Gotta get this ship back on course fast.

I think Coach Kingston is the right man for the job and he just needs about 3 more years. This was one helluva season for baseball in the SEC this year and we had a lot of bad luck. Good things are coming.

Kingston will be fine