Thread: With Its Alcohol Policy Back Up For Discussion, the SEC Considers Joining the Party

Default With Its Alcohol Policy Back Up For Discussion, the SEC Considers Joining the Party

https://www.si.com/college-football/...le-change-news

The SEC is not immune to the national attendance decline that hit a 22-year low this past season: The league’s per-game attendance average of 73,994 was the lowest since 2002 and nearly 5,000 below 2015’s average.
    I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

Default Re: With Its Alcohol Policy Back Up For Discussion, the SEC Considers Joining the Par

Alcohol may deter some but IMO the traffic and television coverage keeps most away...nice about walking to the fridge and to my own bathroom

Default Re: With Its Alcohol Policy Back Up For Discussion, the SEC Considers Joining the Par

I think they should allow it. The schools should be allowed to set their own policies.

Could've been a Contender COCKDIESEL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    Alcohol may deter some but IMO the traffic and television coverage keeps most away...nice about walking to the fridge and to my own bathroom
    Yeah but do you have doo doo ice and a piss trough at the house? It’s the little things that make the stadium experience worth going.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

I honestly wonder how much of a difference this would make in attendance.

Sure I would love to be able to sip a cold beer and watch the cocks play in Williams Brice, but at what cost? If I have to choose between A. $8 Miller Lite, being squished into a seat on an aluminum bench on a 90 degree day and peeing on a tile wall or B. watching the game in the AC on a 65" HDTV in Dolby 5.1.2 a fridge full of good cold beer, and bathroom that is clean and has an actual toilet (wife won't go for a urinal in the man cave idea) I think for most games option B still wins out.

I said it in another thread but signing the SECN contract brought a steady revenue but it resulted in a decrease in attendance across the board.

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

It won't hurt attendance. But I don't think it will improve it.

What it will do is stop the need for some folks that feel the need to binge drink while tailgaiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    I agree. I think the games in the hot weather are factors as well.