Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Does anyone else feel this way?

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    So if we go 7-5, 6-6 of 5-7 regular season
    muschamp will be on the hot seat?
    I think it depends on what we actually see happening on the field with any of those records. If we see improvement, perhaps not. But if it's more of the same that we had to suffer through last season, then yeah...hot seat. I'm in the "prove it" category. That is why I'm lukewarm about the upcoming season.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

LOL...CWM will not even get close to a hot seat unless he, his staff and the team have a total melt down. CWM and staff had NOTHING to work with when they walked in the door. You cant build a SEC caliber team in just 3 or even 4 years. His 5th and 6th year will tell the tell.

Never said "hot seat." I mean that if he goes 7-6 or worse, fans will apply more pressure on him.
    University of South Carolina '19

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    Never said "hot seat." I mean that if he goes 7-6 or worse, fans will apply more pressure on him.
    But what about something worse?

god forbid of course
    GeoCocky was right, GSW did not beat the Bucks in 5 in the finals

What is tempering the excitement of a new football season for me is a few things:

1.Watching last season's games and seeing just how average we are in so many positions. We are/were bang average at RB, LB, and with Deebo gone, I suspect we are going to be average at WR. We were/are poor to average at DB. Jake is so frustrating to watch, and, for me, he is very hard to actively root for. I still get pissed thinking about that interception against aTm. And we simply don't have any recruits that are going to come in and set the world on fire.

2. The schedule. (I know its a dead horse) Frankly 7-5 is going to have to be considered a good season. And that has gotten very old.

3. Clemson's success. You look at their players and KNOW they are great players. Clemson has a stupidly easy schedule. And the NCAA isn't going to do anything about their cheating which makes me feel like there is no end in sight to their high tide.

All of this adds up to a lot of "meh". I'll go to all of the home games, and one or two road games like I always do. But frankly, I'd be happy ending up in Jacksonville or Charlotte at the end of the season watching us win a B-level bowl game.
    I'm only here for the reputation points.

Depends on how bad those W-Ls are. Records can be deceiving. Losing winnable games will heat up the seat.

Seems he's on the edge right now.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    LOL...CWM will not even get close to a hot seat unless he, his staff and the team have a total melt down. CWM and staff had NOTHING to work with when they walked in the door. You cant build a SEC caliber team in just 3 or even 4 years. His 5th and 6th year will tell the tell.
    Definitely true. 2019 will not make his position here uncertain no matter what the outcome. It will, however, set the stage for 2020 expectations and the potential pitchfork mob to form should year 5 be underwhelming. I'm currently optimistic for 2020. Not even remotely so for 2019. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    2019 will not make his position here uncertain no matter what the outcome.
    His position here was uncertain the day he set foot in his office. Until he exorcises his past from UF, he will be haunted by suspicions of mediocrity. 28-0 didn't help.

After the pitiful show in the Belk Bowl, who knows? I think the time has passed to blame everything on Spurrier. What I saw last year was several games where we were just out coached.

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30man View Post
    After the pitiful show in the Belk Bowl, who knows? I think the time has passed to blame everything on Spurrier. What I saw last year was several games where we were just out coached.
    Can't disagree - sadly.

OORAH!!!!!!!