Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Does anyone else feel this way?

Default Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

"I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

It’s hard to get very excited when we are being predicted to be fighting for bowl eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
    Hey PFW79, good morning. I know that rationally you are right - only two teams played a game with title considerations in the BCS era. Now 4 do in the playoffs era. In my opinion - and I know that objectively I am wrong - it felt like there was not only four teams each season that would find themselves in the top four final rankings each season. It felt like a texas longhorns or oklahoma sooners or stanford cardinal or oregon ducks football team would be in it until the end of bowl season really instead of it all being decided by the first week of december. I also liked that nearly every team didn't make a bowl game so it seems (to me) that the bowl games where a bigger deal to students and programs because less of them would get to participate - they'd spend the season trying to earn one and you had to be considered a pretty good team to be selected (probably not as true as nostalgia says)
    I'm in huge agreement that there are way too many bowl games, so making a bowl game has lost it's luster. I think ~20-25 bowl games is enough. Less than half of FBS teams should make a bowl IMO.

Yes, the last 5 years have been dominated by 3 teams, but I don't think it's much different than how it's been in the recent past. In the 15 years of the BCS, 3 teams made it >50% of the time--OSU(10), OU (9), FSU (8).

FSU made it to 3 straight title games (99-01). OU went 3 times in 5 years (01, 04, 05). Bama won it 3 times in 4 years (10, 12, 13).

Why don't you say something reichous and hopeful for a change....
    "I'd rather have to say whoa than giddy-up" - Coach Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
    Do you think that Clemson being the top team, and Dani being the best Coach, also plays a part in the dampened enthusiasm?

hell, knowing that only two teams (was three with Ohio State) are going to be in the title game each year for the last five years is boring.

And now now that I think about it, I don’t really get excited for Bowl season as much as I use to because i go into it now already knowing that only four teams have bowls with title considerations. We pretty much know that the winners of the Acc, SEC are going to be two of the teams so the CFP May have also killed any meaning and excitement derive from the other ~120 teams who are playing just to play.

so that basically affects the full season and not just the bowl games
    Bingo.