Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else feel this way?

Default Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by dogunwo View Post
    Everyone keeps saying how meaningless getting waxed by Virginia was, yet we are constantly referencing the game as making fans not excited about the upcoming season, getting behind on recruiting, etc. The fact is, it WAS an important game that we had no business losing, especially getting beat like that. Our roster is far more talented that Virginia's even with all the injuries.
    Getting behind on recruiting? Have you seen our recruiting class?

I agree that it was embarrassing, but at the end of the day, it's the Belk Bowl. It's not indicative of the future of the program. Fans need to get over it and move on. We will be fine with our talent when healthy, the coaching changes Will made and the recruits coming in.
    University of South Carolina '19

Quote Originally Posted by dogunwo View Post
    Everyone keeps saying how meaningless getting waxed by Virginia was, yet we are constantly referencing the game as making fans not excited about the upcoming season, getting behind on recruiting, etc. The fact is, it WAS an important game that we had no business losing, especially getting beat like that. Our roster is far more talented that Virginia's even with all the injuries.
    We had no business losing like we did but with what we had limp on the field, not sure we should have won either. We will be fine and if everyone is planning on just sitting at home all season, I will just have more butt and leg room!

I have a serious question for the group here.

How much or how little does the tough 2019 schedule figure into the tepid attitude of the fan base this off season?
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

How much or how little does the tough 2019 schedule figure into the tepid attitude of the fan base this off season?
    People need to stop complaining about it. The schedule is all I hear. Yes it's difficult, but there's only one SEC opponent that's different from last year. It's hard every year, so to me it's kind of a moot point. If the schedule is harder, but we're going to be more talented, then something has to give IMO.

A lot of people talk about the "Old Carolina." To me, the "Old Carolina" is whining and already throwing in the towel in the summer. The "New Carolina" is accepting it's hard and embracing the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

Well it doesn't help matters any. Ideally one could look at a schedule and have hope for each game. It's more than a little disheartening when you look at your schedule and can automatically circle 4 losses - and that's looking at things optimistically. But the schedule is just one of several factors in feeling ho-hum about the coming season, most of which have already been mentioned. Sure there's a chance we could shock some people and steal a win from one of the higher ranked teams, just like there's a chance I can play a 7-2 off suit and flop a 7-7-2.
    ----------------------------------------------

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    We still gave up 56 points lol and we had Deebo. And there's just a little bit more motivation behind playing Clemson than there is playing Virginia in a meaningless bowl game.
    So, was it injuries or motivation? Just want to be sure the correct excuse is used.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

Quote Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
    So, was it injuries or motivation? Just want to be sure the correct excuse is used.
    Both. It was an overall shit show by everyone. That being said, it was seven months ago so it's time to move on.

Both. It was an overall shit show by everyone. That being said, it was seven months ago so it's time to move on.
    No, we don't get over it until the coaches prove they can....which leads back to the OP. What part of that don't you get?

6 months.

What is throttling excitement for next year is the possibility that if we couldn't score on Akron in the second half or the entire game against UVA that we might not win 6 games next season. We ended the season on a whimper because the coaches quit and that translated into players not trying very hard. 6 straight quarters of scoreless football.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    6 months.

What is throttling excitement for next year is the possibility that if we couldn't score on Akron in the second half or the entire game against UVA that we might not win 6 games next season. We ended the season on a whimper because the coaches quit and that translated into players not trying very hard. 6 straight quarters of scoreless football.
    Yeah...doesn't exactly give anyone the feeling it's all sunshine and daisies, does it?
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    No, we don't get over it until the coaches prove they can....which leads back to the OP. What part of that don't you get?
    Agreed to all above. The worry is when do the Coaches just lay down (VA/Akron) again. Add to that the schedule.

OORAH!!!!!!!

Been cutting back the small rain forest in my yard due to all the rain we have gotten in the past several months.

So imma chainsaw OG the next few weeks.

I had to vent like everyone else, but I am looking forward to the fall.

The pathetic showing in the Belk Bowl put a wet blanket on the off season for me.

1st Team All-American Blitzkrieg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
    Yeah...doesn't exactly give anyone the feeling it's all sunshine and daisies, does it?
    ALL GAS...NO BRAKES!
    Veterans: All gave some, some gave all.

..... because the coaches quit and that translated into players not trying very hard. 6 straight quarters of scoreless football.
    Wait! I thought it was Spurrier who was the quitter? (sarcasm).

I know one thing, for all the s#%! HBC has gotten on this and other forums, no way he wouldn't bench his QB and let someone else have a shot. Play to effing win....all gas....

I'm obviously in the minority but all I'm saying is that I've moved past the bowl game despite the terrible showing and that we aren't doomed because of a lousy end to the season.

I'm obviously in the minority but all I'm saying is that I've moved past the bowl game despite the terrible showing and that we aren't doomed because of a lousy end to the season.
    The bowl game was minor, but was the icing on the cake of a disappointing season, injuries and depth issues aside. We were all sold a bill of goods last Summer with the "All gas no brakes" thing and the manipulative hype videos, only to be let down (way down). I think a whole lot of fans are now saying "shut up and prove it." The 2019 schedule isn't an excuse? Prove it. Coaches will play to win? Prove it. You don't show favoritism and the best on a given day will play? Prove it. You're serious about getting better with all available practices? Prove it. Every game is important? Prove it. You will develop players at all positions? Prove it. Just shut the hell up and prove it. All of it. Because that's what it takes to win, and we will finally be able to draw some solid conclusions about the Will Muschamp era on whether or not these things are done.

I like the direction recruiting is going, so there's that. We should have respectable talent for the foreseeable future. Let's not waste it. We won't? Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    The bowl game was minor, but was the icing on the cake of a disappointing season, injuries and depth issues aside. We were all sold a bill of goods last Summer with the "All gas no brakes" thing and the manipulative hype videos, only to be let down (way down). I think a whole lot of fans are now saying "shut up and prove it." The 2019 schedule isn't an excuse? Prove it. Coaches will play to win? Prove it. You don't show favoritism and the best on a given day will play? Prove it. You're serious about getting better with all available practices? Prove it. Every game is important? Prove it. You will develop players at all positions? Prove it. Just shut the hell up and prove it. All of it. Because that's what it takes to win, and we will finally be able to draw some solid conclusions about the Will Muschamp era on whether or not these things are done.

I like the direction recruiting is going, so there's that. We should have respectable talent for the foreseeable future. Let's not waste it. We won't? Prove it.
    That's true. We will be the hunters and not the hunted this year. In hindsight, we were way overhyped after just one 9-4 season. 8-5 or better, I think, will please most people. 7-6 or worse and the heat will start to rise.

2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post

Nailed it!!!!!!!!!!

OORAH!!!!!!!

That's true. We will be the hunters and not the hunted this year. In hindsight, we were way overhyped after just one 9-4 season. 8-5 or better, I think, will please most people. 7-6 or worse and the heat will start to rise.
    So if we go 7-5, 6-6 of 5-7 regular season
    muschamp will be on the hot seat?