Thread: Zombie snake" found in Eastern U.S. can roll over and play dead OK Spurt you're up

Default Zombie snake" found in Eastern U.S. can roll over and play dead OK Spurt you're up

The Boss says "GO"
    The Leader says "LETS GO"

Default Re: Zombie snake" found in Eastern U.S. can roll over and play dead OK Spurt you'r

It can also fake being a Cobra and release a stanky musk that makes a skunk smell nice. Unless you like skunk smell after it plays dead twice leave it alone.

Default Re: Zombie snake" found in Eastern U.S. can roll over and play dead OK Spurt you'r

One of the coolest snakes imo
    (OO)=====V=====(OO)

They had this same story linked on Fox News' website a few days ago. Said something Like
    "Zombie Snake found in North Carolina". I read the article and it was about a very common
    snake found pretty much all over the Midwest to Southeastern US. Hognose snakes are cool
    as hell. I've run up on about 10-15 of them during my life and everyone of them has displayed
    almost a different character trait when I approached them. I was playing on a Par Three course
    in James Island several years ago and walked up on one right in front of one of the Greens. I
    touched it a few times with my putter and the sucker never moved. I thought it was dead, so
    I bent down to grab it and get it off the course, and that lil asshole bowed up and hissed loudly
    and struck at me. It tapped me on the thumb but it never latched its teeth onto me. I tried to
    pick it up again and it rolled over and curled up into a ball. I was able to get it onto the blade of
    my putter and take it over to the edge of the fairway and into the tall grass. When it landed on
    the ground, it just laid there in a curled up state and didn't move again.

The very first one I saw Live (didn't know the breed at that time) was when My best friend and I were
    out riding horseback with our girlfriends. We took an 8 hour tour ride and the lady that was guiding
    us ( in the front of the line) horse reared up and she jumped off and ran over to he side of the trail.
    My friend was the second horse in the line and he got off and went over to where she was standing
    We had all stopped by that time, and I got off to walk up and see what was going on. I saw Gary
    pick up a huge rock and was walking over to the edge of a dried up creek and I heard the guide yell
    at him not to kill it. I got close enough to see this DAMN BEAUTIFUL Yellowish and Orange snake sitting
    up and fanned out like a cobra. I yelled DON'T DO IT ..... before I could say the word IT, Gary dropped
    the rock on top of the snake a splattered it on the ground. It was the coolest snake I'd ever seen. Gary
    and I got into a little "Discussion" about why he killed it along with the lady guide. He pretty much just
    said "The only good snake is a dead snake" .... I found out a few weeks later that he had just killed an
    Appalachian Orange Phased Hognose snake. They are mostly found in the mountains in the upper part
    of NC and most of Virginia. Very rare find for the foothills of SC.

I think Gary and I would get along just swimmingly.
    ----------------------------------------------

It's weird that the puff adder in the US is a harmless snake that plays dead, but in Africa it's the deadliest snake on the continent.
    GOD
    USA
    SEC

WOW ... I was looking for a good image of an Orange Phase Hognose snake to post, and I came across this picture.
    This is exactly the same breed of Hognose snake we saw that day, and almost the identical position it was in before
    my best friend turned it into a bloody stain on the side of the trail. ... The place where we ran up on him also looked
    really close to this kind of area as well. It was along a wooded trail near a dried creek. This picture brought back
    a flood of memories of that point in my life !!