Thread: Which First-Year Coach Faces the Toughest Job in Year One?

Default Which First-Year Coach Faces the Toughest Job in Year One?

I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

Default Re: Which First-Year Coach Faces the Toughest Job in Year One?

while I have my doubts about UNC hiring Mack Brown he absolutely hit it out of the park when it came to hiring coordinators. Both Longo and Bateman are super aggressive and I think they are going to cause teams headaches even with a sub par talent level. I think they will pull off at least one upset this year, but they will also likely lose a couple of games by 40+.

The game in Charlotte has me worried a little bit considering our propensity for self inflicted wounds (turnovers, drops, missed blocking assignments, dumb penalties, etc) on offense last year. Combine that with the fact that it is the first game of the year which are typically sloppy anyway and that it could be a game that we are overlooking considering what we have on the schedule ahead of us and it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

Default Re: Which First-Year Coach Faces the Toughest Job in Year One?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
    while I have my doubts about UNC hiring Mack Brown he absolutely hit it out of the park when it came to hiring coordinators. Both Longo and Bateman are super aggressive and I think they are going to cause teams headaches even with a sub par talent level. I think they will pull off at least one upset this year, but they will also likely lose a couple of games by 40+.

The game in Charlotte has me worried a little bit considering our propensity for self inflicted wounds (turnovers, drops, missed blocking assignments, dumb penalties, etc) on offense last year. Combine that with the fact that it is the first game of the year which are typically sloppy anyway and that it could be a game that we are overlooking considering what we have on the schedule ahead of us and it could be a disaster waiting to happen.
    Bateman may have had sub par talent coming from Army, but I wouldn’t say that about Longo. Ole Miss had first round talent on the offensive side of the ball. Ole Miss fans grew frustrated with his lack of red zone success. He may be a good OC, but coming in with a true FR QB and talent at UNC that’s not as good as Ole Miss, it’ll be a struggle for them.

Anyways, of the three coaches they mentioned, I think Collins at GT will turn his program around the quickest. This year may be rough, but I like the way they’ve rebranded themselves since he took over. It’s not 1965 over there anymore and they’re already recruiting at a better level. I don’t know what to think about Miles and Kansas...just doesn’t seem like a fit at all.