Thread: Brisket - How Many Of You Cook It

Default Brisket - How Many Of You Cook It

Since I love to grill/smoke all types of different things, I was thinking about doing me a brisket on my RECTEC Pellet Smoker. Have any of you guys/girls out there ever cooked one before and did you like it?

Did you do it "Texas Style or Carolina Style or Your Style"???

Inquiring minds would love to know.

Grill On!!!

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Default Re: Brisket - How Many Of You Cook It

I've did one Irish style a few months back. They had them on special at Costco already brined. I thought it was great, but the family was not used to the brined beef texture.

Have been meaning to smoke one up Texas style. I think they would like it much better. But haven't gotten around to it.

Brined is a corned beef. I still do those in the old crockpot. I have smoked fresh briskets in my Bradley. I use a mix of mesquite and oak to give it a Texas twang. A newer way is to sous vide the thing. Rebark and smoke post SV. https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/...q-brisket.html
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar

Corned Beef Brisket. I smoked it on the smoker.

But yeah - It's definitely not what most people think of when you say Brisket

I saw the TV Cooking Show tonight - "Man - Fire - Food" and he went to several BBQ Restaurants and I am amazed at how many butts, shoulders, ribs, and briskets these pit masters can cook and get to turn out tasting awesome. Some even did chicken and sausage too. I love grilling, smoking, doing about any type of meat that there is out there, but I sure would like to spend a day or two with a great pit master and gain all of the knowledge I could out of them. I have been amazed to find that some of the best BBQ Pit Masters have also been women, many who have passed on and left their secrets with their kinfolk to continue on the family business. It would have to be a true love of BBQ to take this type of business on as it has to be hard as heck, but at the same time very rewarding to know that people love your product that much to come and bring their families to eat at your place.

Do any of the Gamecock Nation have family or friends that are "True Pit Masters" and have their own BBQ Restaurants?

Still waiting for a couple of good - sunny - days - to get my RECTEC Pellet Smoker out and do a brisket. Since, it will be my first one and it's just me and my bride, I don't want to get too large of a cut, but these things don't come cheap either? What do the majority of The Gamecock Pit Masters buy (size wise/lbs) when purchasing a brisket???