Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Williams Brice Stadium ranked 9th in SEC

Default Re: Williams Brice Stadium ranked 9th in SEC

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    Until they can't. I fully believe there is a hard threshold for premium seats. Once they max out that market, they'll be left scratching their heads over attendance, having priced out everyone else (without improving amenities) to make room for new luxury sections.

You're right that premium seating areas are the new golden goose, but it won't lay forever. Pushing out the chickens (or Gamecocks in our case) will prove to be a short-sighted strategy in the long run.
    You said it I'm one of those about to stop your in a couple years because it's get more pricey and were getting nothing down there when The folks under the cover for getting more and more.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Our ballpark has better facilities than does Williams-Brice.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

Quote Originally Posted by gsgp View Post
    That's my issue, I pay for gcc,tickets,hotel, ect . Nothing has been done to improve our seats help move from bench to seats with arms like many stadiums have. Nothing for us everything for the people that are already under the cover. When things about the bed fan experiences there's too many visitors in prime seats.
    And then there are those of us getting kicked out of our seats we've had for damn near 40 years to make way for the new high money seats. And we're just supposed to accept upper deck seats, closer my God to thee, as a "comparable" replacement? Yeah...that's going over like a lead balloon. They couldn't care less about the regular fan. If it wasn't apparent by the fact that the facilities suck, then this cements it.
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
    And then there are those of us getting kicked out of our seats we've had for damn near 40 years to make way for the new high money seats. And we're just supposed to accept upper deck seats, closer my God to thee, as a "comparable" replacement? Yeah...that's going over like a lead balloon. They couldn't care less about the regular fan. If it wasn't apparent by the fact that the facilities suck, then this cements it.
    They bumped you out and up? That's messed up. How is that in any way comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    They bumped you out and up? That's messed up. How is that in any way comparable?
    Not yet. But that's what is more than likely going to happen, according to conversations that have been had. They don't have the amount of comparable lower deck seats to offer to those that aren't going to stay in the EC to make it worth our while to keep getting season tickets. To even have a chance to keep our seats in the EC, we have to go to SS (Daddy is a 40 year FS donor), and then there is no guarantee we will even be in there. We ran the numbers and for 1 season ticket it will be over $1,000.00 a year. Again for one season ticket in the new EC section. At that rate, the season football tickets will cost nearly as much as the GCC membership. It would be one thing if the product on the field were worth it. The timing of this plan is not ideal.
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

Not yet. But that's what is more than likely going to happen, according to conversations that have been had. They don't have the amount of comparable lower deck seats to offer to those that aren't going to stay in the EC to make it worth our while to keep getting season tickets. To even have a chance to keep our seats in the EC, we have to go to SS (Daddy is a 40 year FS donor), and then there is no guarantee we will even be in there. We ran the numbers and for 1 season ticket it will be over $1,000.00 a year. Again for one season ticket in the new EC section. It would be one thing if the product on the field were worth it. The timing of this plan is not ideal.
    That sounds like a crappy way to treat a 40 year donor. First they screw people out of parking, now they are taking their seats. I'm sorry that they are doing that to you.

That sounds like a crappy way to treat a 40 year donor. First they screw people out of parking, now they are taking their seats. I'm sorry that they are doing that to you.
    We're ok with it. We'll keep our season baseball tickets. But honestly, football just hasn't been much fun lately. The moving of the parking spaces last year was the start. I fear the Athletic Department will ve the ones sorry in the long run, especially if we don't start winning games regularly.
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

We're ok with it. We'll keep our season baseball tickets. But honestly, football just hasn't been much fun lately. The moving of the parking spaces last year was the start. I fear the Athletic Department will the ones sorry in the long run, especially if we don't start winning games regularly.
    It will bite them in the end. We gave up our seats 2 seasons ago and watch the games on tv. If we want to go to a game we buy better tickets online.

It will bite them in the end. We gave up our seats 2 seasons ago and watch the games on tv. If we want to go to a game we buy better tickets online.
    EXACTLY!!!!! It's way too easy for people to get their hands on good seats, without being in the GCC, these days.
    What can I say...
    I'm complicated

Our ballpark has better facilities than does Williams-Brice.
    So does the CLA which is starting to fall apart itself (if you look close enough).

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    So does the CLA which is starting to fall apart itself (if you look close enough).
    The infrastructure is fine - I don't like how the seating is arranged, especially with how far away the student section is from the court
    University of South Carolina '19

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    The infrastructure is fine - I don't like how the seating is arranged, especially with how far away the student section is from the court
    Look closer. Specifically, look up around the concourse. Also in a few of the men's rooms. There are cracks in some walls and some other cosmetic issues that make the place feel run down (in those areas). I'm not saying the building is literally crumbling, but it has some problems that so far have gone unaddressed and will only get worse over time. The seats are one area that need fixing - they ARE literally falling apart: The arm rest covers are falling off all over the arena and I've seen several with damaged upholstery that has gone unfixed for multiple seasons. I'm pretty sure no one is actually paying attention to the condition of any of the sporting facilities' common(er) areas. CLA is still way ahead of WB for the average fan, though.

Can't help the seating arrangement. The arena wasn't build for basketball. It was designed as an event venue that also hosts basketball games. Carolina Coliseum, in my opinion, was much better for watching basketball.

We're ok with it. We'll keep our season baseball tickets. But honestly, football just hasn't been much fun lately. The moving of the parking spaces last year was the start. I fear the Athletic Department will ve the ones sorry in the long run, especially if we don't start winning games regularly.
    Yes, that was a crass move that pissed off a lot of people, me included. We got hosed in that deal.