Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

  1. #1
    I'm the Foxy Man GoCCUChants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    The Gamecocks senior won the 2019 Manning Passing Academy “Air it Out” competition, beating out notable college quarterbacks like Georgia’s Jake Fromm and Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence.”

    https://247sports.com/college/south-...my--133301740/

    Thoughts? Mean anything? Hopefully a sign of a better, more composed qb ready to shine in big games? Or simply a qb who has solid mechanics and can make the throws?

    Edit: I said MVP in title. Maybe that’s an inaccuracy. He won the Air it Out competition. I saw MPA in the title and I just woke up, so yeah, I thought it said MVP...this will look nice in his trophy case.
    Last edited by GoCCUChants; 06-30-2019 at 08:02 AM.

  2. #2
    2nd Team All-SEC GeoCocky66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    2,521

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    No meaning at all. The competition involved throwing footballs at moving golf carts. Essentially, if you missed one, you were out. Jake needs to improve in many areas other than golf cart targeting - execution, decision making, leadership, and composure would all fall into that category.

  3. #3
    I'm the Foxy Man GoCCUChants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    No meaning at all. The competition involved throwing footballs at moving golf carts. Essentially, if you missed one, you were out. Jake needs to improve in many areas other than golf cart targeting - execution, decision making, leadership, and composure would all fall into that category.
    Well at least he didn’t throw it to the wrong golf cart

  4. #4
    Blue Chip Harris7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Columbia SC
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    No meaning at all. The competition involved throwing footballs at moving golf carts. Essentially, if you missed one, you were out. Jake needs to improve in many areas other than golf cart targeting - execution, decision making, leadership, and composure would all fall into that category.
    I still believe he can put it all together. Either way it’s now or never. We all know he’s got the tools

  5. #5
    4 Star Greyrooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hartsville, SC
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    We just need the backs and receivers to catch the ball more often. There were too many dropped passes that were catchable!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Game MVP Gamecocks0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cola
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
    The Gamecocks senior won the 2019 Manning Passing Academy “Air it Out” competition, beating out notable college quarterbacks like Georgia’s Jake Fromm and Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence.”

    https://247sports.com/college/south-...my--133301740/

    Thoughts? Mean anything? Hopefully a sign of a better, more composed qb ready to shine in big games? Or simply a qb who has solid mechanics and can make the throws?

    Edit: I said MVP in title. Maybe that’s an inaccuracy. He won the Air it Out competition. I saw MPA in the title and I just woke up, so yeah, I thought it said MVP...this will look nice in his trophy case.
    It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it's still impressive and it shows what he is capable of. He gets to be the scapegoat because he's the quarterback, but there were issues that weren't all on him last year.
    University of South Carolina '19

  7. #7
    Blue Chip CocksRgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nicaragua
    Posts
    686

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Good work Jake.....looking forward to this 2019 season

  8. #8
    2nd Team All-SEC Senior Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lexington. SC
    Posts
    2,696

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksRgood View Post
    Good work Jake.....looking forward to this 2019 season
    DITTO!!!!


    OORAH!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    obscurum per obscurius GoldenSpur7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orion, Apt 2A
    Posts
    11,849

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Grats to Jake, that's impressive. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

  10. #10
    Household Name kingofnerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Straight Outta CLA
    Posts
    6,691

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Do they have a Manning Blocking Academy, too?

  11. #11
    The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    17,625

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Looks like he's improving, and that's all we can ask of him. Hopefully he has his best year yet as a senior, because it looks like the national CFB media has written him and USC off for 2019.........

  12. #12
    Heisman Candidate Flameout12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    Posts
    18,578

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    ....just win!

  13. #13
    Bowl MVP tpep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    back in the saddle again
    Posts
    2,460

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Get this man a "consistent" ol and let's see!!!

  14. #14
    Household Name rioninusc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,103

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by tpep View Post
    Get this man a "consistent" ol and let's see!!!
    Agreed, and him and the receivers being on the same page, and receivers not dropping as often.

  15. #15
    Been caught moddin' Spur's Addiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Raaaawlee, NC
    Posts
    24,645

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Nice - Now if we can just get the rules changed so that receivers can drive golf carts during the game.

  16. #16
    Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sec 4, Row 1, Seat 16 - Carolina Stadium
    Posts
    13,613

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyrooster View Post
    We just need the backs and receivers to catch the ball more often. There were too many dropped passes that were catchable!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There were also too many that weren't catchable that our receivers made amazing plays to bring in.

    This is all well and good, but will it translate to the field? THAT is where it matters.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

  17. #17
    Game MVP Gamecocks0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Cola
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Looks like he's improving, and that's all we can ask of him. Hopefully he has his best year yet as a senior, because it looks like the national CFB media has written him and USC off for 2019.........
    So have our fair weather fans.
    University of South Carolina '19

  18. #18
    ONE NINE 3 cack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    27,326

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Jake has all of the tools, but has made mistakes. We have had some extremely talented receivers, but have made mistakes. We have had talented offensive linemen, but they've also made mistakes.

    When Bentley makes a mistake it's more obvious because it typically leads to a turnover or the ball not being in the area where it needs to be. When an lineman misses a block the worse it tends to lead to is a sack, so it doesn't seem as severe. When a receiver drops a pass it tends to lead to just an incompletion, so that doesn't seem as severe.

    Jake has every tool to be an elite QB. If the entire Offense can limit mistakes as a whole, I think you'll see it.
    Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ


    Quote Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
    I agree with Cack.

  19. #19
    Bowl MVP dreammachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, S.C.
    Posts
    2,266

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    Jake has all of the tools, but has made mistakes. We have had some extremely talented receivers, but have made mistakes. We have had talented offensive linemen, but they've also made mistakes.

    When Bentley makes a mistake it's more obvious because it typically leads to a turnover or the ball not being in the area where it needs to be. When an lineman misses a block the worse it tends to lead to is a sack, so it doesn't seem as severe. When a receiver drops a pass it tends to lead to just an incompletion, so that doesn't seem as severe.

    Jake has every tool to be an elite QB. If the entire Offense can limit mistakes as a whole, I think you'll see it.

    I Agree With Cack!!!

  20. #20
    2nd Team All-SEC Cockadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anderson,SC
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    Jake has all of the tools, but has made mistakes. We have had some extremely talented receivers, but have made mistakes. We have had talented offensive linemen, but they've also made mistakes.

    When Bentley makes a mistake it's more obvious because it typically leads to a turnover or the ball not being in the area where it needs to be. When an lineman misses a block the worse it tends to lead to is a sack, so it doesn't seem as severe. When a receiver drops a pass it tends to lead to just an incompletion, so that doesn't seem as severe.

    Jake has every tool to be an elite QB. If the entire Offense can limit mistakes as a whole, I think you'll see it.
    Agree totally. Well said.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •