Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

Default Re: Jake Bentley—MVP at Manning Passing Academy

Stay focus!
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    Jake has all of the tools, but has made mistakes. We have had some extremely talented receivers, but have made mistakes. We have had talented offensive linemen, but they've also made mistakes.

When Bentley makes a mistake it's more obvious because it typically leads to a turnover or the ball not being in the area where it needs to be. When an lineman misses a block the worse it tends to lead to is a sack, so it doesn't seem as severe. When a receiver drops a pass it tends to lead to just an incompletion, so that doesn't seem as severe.

Jake has every tool to be an elite QB. If the entire Offense can limit mistakes as a whole, I think you'll see it.

This is very true but all too often when it is the other guys that screw up and are responsible for the sack/dropped pass, the QB still catches all the shit because of it. Jake has had his short comings but I think he has been blamed for more than his fair share. Hopefully we can get it together and make fewer of these mistakes and win more games. I am getting excited for the season!!

BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER GamecockUltimate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    So have our fair weather fans.
    Or just the fans that have watched him be mr.inconsistent over his last few years.

as a comment on twitter said. Jake is Mr.inconsistent, if they held this event next week he probably would finish dead last.

now that may be a harsh comment, but Jake does have some issues playing the position I am not sure we will ever see go away. I hope they do, and we win obviously, but I think we all expected more during his career

Quote Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
    Or just the fans that have watched him be mr.inconsistent over his last few years.

as a comment on twitter said. Jake is Mr.inconsistent, if they held this event next week he probably would finish dead last.

now that may be a harsh comment, but Jake does have some issues playing the position I am not sure we will ever see go away. I hope they do, and we win obviously, but I think we all expected more during his career
    He'll go down as statistically one of our best QBs ever, but will be considered average because he doesn't have any big wins in his folder.
    He had such a good Nov. last year and then fell apart the last 2 games. Head shaker....

I just hope our coaches are willing to give someone else a chance to win us some games if JB is bombing.

Didn't realize until yesterday that Jake has a chance to be the 10th QB ever in the SEC to have thrown for 10,000+ yards in his career, and that he's also thrown 30 INTs in 32 games.
    How many kids are going to listen to Dabo say "aw shucks, if yew join ush, I'll promise yuh a natty ring and a fifty grayund, hyuk hyuk..." - 2k15

Quote Originally Posted by cack View Post
    Jake has all of the tools, but has made mistakes. We have had some extremely talented receivers, but have made mistakes. We have had talented offensive linemen, but they've also made mistakes.

When Bentley makes a mistake it's more obvious because it typically leads to a turnover or the ball not being in the area where it needs to be. When an lineman misses a block the worse it tends to lead to is a sack, so it doesn't seem as severe. When a receiver drops a pass it tends to lead to just an incompletion, so that doesn't seem as severe.

Jake has every tool to be an elite QB. If the entire Offense can limit mistakes as a whole, I think you'll see it.
    This guy gets it. Everyone wants to blame Jake, but dropped balls last year cost us at least 1 game.

JD

The kid has a lot of talent. Talent that isn't being realized because of team deficiencies and less than stellar coaching honestly. If not for that he'd probably would not be Mr. Inconsistency as the our coaches would be having him run a less risky offense with good protection and a running game that keeps the opponent off balance instead of the the other team's defense keeping us off balance. That being said, maybe some QB with less raw talent could do more with less than Jake bc of better poise and decision-making etc...

If Jake had the players surrounding him that Lawrence and Fromm did or do, he might have better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
    That being said, maybe some QB with less raw talent could do more with less than Jake bc of better poise and decision-making etc...
    ...a guy who finds ways to win.

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    He'll go down as statistically one of our best QBs ever, but will be considered average because he doesn't have any big wins in his folder.
    He had such a good Nov. last year and then fell apart the last 2 games. Head shaker....

I just hope our coaches are willing to give someone else a chance to win us some games if JB is bombing.
    I agree with you, but it seems a hope without reason.
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

If C2 doesn't trust you.. CoverTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
    If Jake had the players surrounding him that Lawrence and Fromm did or do, he might have better stats.
    Jake has dudes around him. His top 3 receivers and starting Tight End are all going to be playing on Sundays. He is also probably getting a talent upgrade at running back in a couple of weeks and he has a line that has experienced players on it.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Ch4ncey

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan