Thread: Who's doing what for the 4th?

Default Who's doing what for the 4th?

Who has what going on?
    I'm going to work, that'll be fun. Then, meds and the first phase of a dental implant on Friday. Should be a fun weekend. Hopefully another tourist won't get eaten by a shark.
    under a coconut tree!

Default Re: Who's doing what for the 4th?

Being in the middle of the week with work the next day and a party on the weekend, I'll probably just do some yard work and call it good.
    ----------------------------------------------

I have cooked and eaten so much great BBQ in the last couple of months I think that me and the wife will eat seafood instead of BBQ for the 4th of July. That being said, it must be a great time to be in the BBQ Business as many places were sold out today.

Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    Being in the middle of the week with work the next day and a party on the weekend, I'll probably just do some yard work and call it good.
    Yeah, these weekday holidays suck.

Going to watch the Daytona race Saturday night with my sister and BIL. We always cookout for that.

Hopefully no rain delays to stretch things out.

I did Santa Maria style tri-tip first. Next up was some Jamaican jerk pulled pork. Really, really hard to get that right stateside. Bradley has come out with a Caribbean wood puck now though. It is a mixture of pimento and mesquite. It is that pimento wood that was missing. I slathered the Berkshire pork with a healthy coating of Walkerswood, studded it with garlic, and let that get happy for a couple of days. Then it was a sequential trip of smoker/SV/smoker/IP/smoker/SV/smoker. I wanted the smoke to penetrate and that worked. the SV is a great low & slow. The IP was simply to pressure the herbs and such into the meat. The last SV/smoke was post pulling. I was to finish the melting of fats and collagens. Unlike most Carolina pulled pork this is pulled into large chunks, not individual strands. This is the way it was done both in Jamaica and in my native Laurens/Greenwood/Mountville area. I added some Walkerswood to my usual vinegar sauce for a more authentic finishing touch. This may have been the best BBQ I have ever put in my 69 year old mouth.

Pic links:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/i_HE9yj7Soev-Bc-OtM4AQ.E7KIhr-wofazs0v6luebX4

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/hOXotX8gRsWGQ8HejtRKBQ.q9g0RoL0-ZUA2l3in8jI4L
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Oh my
    under a coconut tree!