Thread: Mama Hog

Default Mama Hog

Two weeks to the day after my daddy passed away, my mama was called home. Her work was done and she already missed my daddy. She wasn't the perfect mom, but she was perfect for me. She thought that I could do no wrong. I watched her, with my wife at her side as she took her last breath (something I will never forget until I'm laid to rest). She was 93 and we buried her yesterday.

Thank you mama, for nurturing me, protecting me, and most of all, loving me.

She was a wonderful mother and a woman of faith.

Official Baseball Chick USCBatgirl21's Avatar

Default Re: Mama Hog

Peace be with you Hog.
    What can I say...
    I swear like a sailor & use please and thank you like a saint...
    I'm complicated

You were blessed with two great parents. I am happy that you ahd that and sad for your loss.
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Sorry for your loss.

Oh no. My heart hurts for your family as y'all deal with the loss of both parents so close together. As you said, their work on earth was finished and it was time for both to be with the Savior. That they went to Heaven so close together shows how close they were in this earthly life. You had great parents and they gave y'all a lifetime of love and memories to carry you until your glorious reunion. Prayers for you and your family my friend.

gt
    Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.

Damn, Hog...it has been a tough two weeks for you. You have my sympathies. While being there while she passed, may have been difficult, know I'm sure it was a comfort to her to have your love there with her.
    Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Two weeks to the day after my daddy passed away, my mama was called home. Her work was done and she already missed my daddy. She wasn't the perfect mom, but she was perfect for me. She thought that I could do no wrong. I watched her, with my wife at her side as she took her last breath (something I will never forget until I'm laid to rest). She was 93 and we buried her yesterday.

Thank you mama, for nurturing me, protecting me, and most of all, loving me.

She was a wonderful mother and a woman of faith.
    My sister and I had the same experience with my mom last year. She had to lay on her side and was facing me, but she wasn't conscious. The effects of the stroke caused her eyes to be closed until she died and then they opened, but there was no life in them.

At that point we wanted her to be out of her suffering, so it was relief and sadness at the same time. At the end, she miraculously crossed her arms in front of her, too. The nurse said it may have been caused by the brain damage she suffered at the end, but to me it signified her spirit leaving her.

We had to leave the room while the hospice nurses were getting her body ready for the funeral home people and we noticed a large, distinct rainbow in the pre-dusk summer sky. People will offer various scientific explanations for what happened that July evening, but it only made my religious faith stronger.

I truly believe there is a unity of the spirits in heaven in a different reality that we can't truly conceive of until we get there ourselves. Here is one of the scripture passages I had the minister read at my mom's funeral.

II Corinthians 4:16-5:9 So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal. For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling— if indeed, when we have taken it off we will not be found naked. For while we are still in this tent, we groan under our burden, because we wish not to be unclothed but to be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident; even though we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord— for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.
    Your memories of your mom's last moments will stay with you, but you will find the negative ones will eventually pass away and only the good ones will remain. In my case, it was seeing her spirit leave her and having my belief that there is a next step bloom and strengthen.

I will keep you my prayers, Hog.
    Last edited by kingofnerf; 07-10-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Wow...i'm so sorry. Prayers are with you and your family.

Hog...keeping you lifted in prayer! Sorry to hear about yet another loss for you and a gain for your dad and for heaven

Former Walk On in-law catdaddy66's Avatar

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I was the white shadow. cockymac's Avatar

Sorry to hear about that, buddy. Makes you realize how precious time is, and that you can't get those moments back. Thinking about it makes me want to be a better father because that'll be me there one day taking my last breath, and what will my children say and remember about me...

The age does not matter it still hurts. When you look into your Mother's eyes so much of her and your life can seen and as the light grows dim it all comes rushing back. We were lucky to have our Mothers in our lives so long (98 yrs for me). So sorry for both your losses.
    I Scream
    You Scream
    The Police Come
    Its Awkward

GOD Bless you and your family. Sounds like you had a wonderful life with your parents and yes "none of them are perfect, but in our eyes they all are". Your mother lived a long life and you were allowed to spend a lot of time with her and we all wish that we could have that type of ending with our parents. I lost my dad when I was 19 years old and my mom made it to 70, but died to a reaction to an OTC Medicine that she took when she had the flu. I often think at times if my dad could have lived longer what a great time we could have enjoyed together, but GOD had other plans for him. We will remember you in our prayers.

You guys are great! Thank you for your kind words and prayers (I have felt them and the Lord has strengthen me).