Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-6 prediction

Default 6-6 prediction

Story here

247Sports: South Carolina Gamecocks: ESPN's FPI game by game predictions.
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...amp-133558447/

Default Re: 6-6 prediction

Win anyway

Wins: North Carolina, Charleston Southern, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, App State
    Loses: Alabama, Missouri, Georgia, Texas A&M, Clemson
    University of South Carolina '19

All the "Talking Heads" in the nation see us a 6-6 or 7-5 at best. You never know what is going to happen in a season until you start playing. Granted we are still very young at the talent level, but we do have some very good young talent. If our coaching is as good as we think, then they can raise the level of play for both sides of the ball and we will surprise a lot of the "Professional Expert Talking Heads". I see us being capable of winning every game except the "Big Three - Alabama - Georgia & Clemson" and even in these games we have a good chance if we play at our very best. The Big Three will be very tough, but hopefully we can pull one or two out of the hat??? We have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball this year, along with some depth and we will find out just how good our kids can be once they face some very good opposition out there in the SEC. 9-3 could be easily attainable and who knows, maybe we can "pull the rabbit out the hat on a couple of big upsets". If our boys give great effort and play four full quarters of ball each game, we will be in good shape.

#whathappenswhenyoulose28-0

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    Wins: North Carolina, Charleston Southern, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, App State
    Loses: Alabama, Missouri, Georgia, Texas A&M, Clemson
    Do that and play well in the 5 loses and I'll be happy. That would put us in a decent bowl and a chance at 8 wins.

5 wins 80% chance
    6 wins 60% chance
    7 wins 40% chance
    8 wins 20% chance

It's a pretty fair assessment. Nobody would predict use to beat Clemson, Alabama, at Georgia or at A&M. Nobody will predict use to lose to UNC, App St, CSU or Vanderbilt. That leaves UK, UF, at Mizzou and at Tennessee. All of those are close to toss ups, they gave us the two at home and not the two on the road. Seems fair to me

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    It's a pretty fair assessment. Nobody would predict use to beat Clemson, Alabama, at Georgia or at A&M. Nobody will predict use to lose to UNC, App St, CSU or Vanderbilt. That leaves UK, UF, at Mizzou and at Tennessee. All of those are close to toss ups, they gave us the two at home and not the two on the road. Seems fair to me
    Bama, Clemson, UGA and A&M won't necessarily define our season. Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee and Florida will. Somehow or another, I think we get to 7 wins

Still not sure why so many think Mizzou is a loss. I know they have Kelly Bryant, but he ain't Drew Lock and Clemson's playmakers ain't walking through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe0284 View Post
    Still not sure why so many think Mizzou is a loss. I know they have Kelly Bryant, but he ain't Drew Lock and Clemson's playmakers ain't walking through that door.
    We rarely play well against dual threat QBs and it's a road game at the beginning of the season. Mizzou and UF are toss ups and honestly will split those two games

I was the white shadow. cockymac's Avatar

For the first time in ages, I really have no idea as what to expect from this team. If we throw a ton of interceptions and don't improve on the DL, we could be at 4 wins. If Bentley has it all together, the RBs step up and the DL plays well then we could get 9 wins. I'd say 6 or 7 wins. But then I think of all of those guys that were injuried lat year. With everyone back, it will be a different team. I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    We rarely play well against dual threat QBs and it's a road game at the beginning of the season. Mizzou and UF are toss ups and honestly will split those two games
    But bryant is a terrible passer, so not really a dual threat.

Double Secret Probation USCooper1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    #whathappenswhenyoulose28-0

Exactly. But I do think people are looking too much into this game to predict 2019. I like it though, no hype is a good thing IMO. 6-6 is fair but I see this team, if healthy, getting to 8 if Jake can be consistent and the running game can have a pulse. I think the defense will be much improved, especially with quality depth, but they can’t have a rash of injuries either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo if this team is going to do any better than 6-6, they have to go into the bye week at 4-1. Those two games after Bama, Mizzou and UK, are crucial.

Predicting is hard, especially about the future. Too many unknown variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    Predicting is hard, especially about the future. Too many unknown variables.
    I'm 100% accurate predicting the past. ;)

I would be too if I could remember it. If we get notably better play from our linebackers, I think we win seven or eight, but too many factors keep me from choosing exactly which ones.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

I just caught some of the Missouri spring game. We are going to bowl over those losers this year.

I think we will get an upset win, possibly two, but we always drop a game to someone we shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
    I just caught some of the Missouri spring game. We are going to bowl over those losers this year.
    I just went and watched this recap of their game. Their QB's look awful but makes sense why they wanted Bryant. I know it is hard to judge from a couple clips, but I didn't see any impressive OL or DL players. They just seem physically underwhelming. I really think we should be able to physically over match them.