Jr. ATH Lynn Bowden
    Sr. LB Kash Daniel
    Sr. OL Logan Stenberg

9:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.: Vanderbilt Commodores
    Head Coach Derek Mason: 12:45 p.m. ET
    Sr. WR Kalija Lipscomb
    Sr. TE Jared Pinkney
    Sr. RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn
    I'm only here for the reputation points.

Pompous Ass Hillbilly GregoryHouse's Avatar

Default Re: SEC Media Days Thread

Alright
    I don't worry about falling skies as much as I worry about low ceilings.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

News so far today:

S Jaylin Dickerson is out for the season due to required corrective surgery for a "bone growth". Not much more has been disclosed. A big hit to our secondary, once again....

WR signee who was a part of the 2018 class - Tyquan Johnson - is now cleared to enroll to USC per Coach Muschamp, and is set to join the team next month for Fall Camp. Finally.....

Josh Kendall doing Josh Kendall things. Glad he's moved on to The Athletic - now Clemson fans can pay him $$ to read his shit, which is totally tailored for the Clemson fan....

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Josh Kendall doing Josh Kendall things. Glad he's moved on to The Athletic - now Clemson fans can pay him $$ to read his shit, which is totally tailored for the Clemson fan....
    He did pull some low blows but it's also not his job to hype up the Gamecocks 24/7. But what did he do today?
    University of South Carolina '19

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
    He did pull some low blows but it's also not his job to hype up the Gamecocks 24/7. But what did he do today?
    Bit of an understatement imo. He tries his best to stir up controversy with every interview he does.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Bit of an understatement imo. He tries his best to stir up controversy with every interview he does.
    He’s a crap stirring moron, who cares what he asks?

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    I had not heard this. Does this mean that we no longer have to read him in the State? That would be glorious.

I am not familiar with the Athletic so I looked it up. It seems ironic that they picked he who must not be named to write about the Gamecocks. The only person more despised by Gamecock than he who must not be name is that MoRon that used to be the beat writer.

That said, I did click on the article that came up in the Google hit and read this:

Now, on to the important subject: South Carolina athletics. Marcus Lattimore and I both moved to Columbia in the summer of 2010, and between us sparked what were the glory days of Gamecocks athletics. Prior to coming to Columbia, I had covered Georgia football going back to the Jim Donnan era.

Maybe that is tongue-in-cheek. Hopefully. But based on his other writing - probably not. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckCPA View Post
    I had not heard this. Does this mean that we no longer have to read him in the State? That would be glorious.

I am not familiar with the Athletic so I looked it up. It seems ironic that they picked he who must not be named to write about the Gamecocks. The only person more despised by Gamecock than he who must not be name is that MoRon that used to be the beat writer.

That said, I did click on the article that came up in the Google hit and read this:

Now, on to the important subject: South Carolina athletics. Marcus Lattimore and I both moved to Columbia in the summer of 2010, and between us sparked what were the glory days of Gamecocks athletics. Prior to coming to Columbia, I had covered Georgia football going back to the Jim Donnan era.

Maybe that is tongue-in-cheek. Hopefully. But based on his other writing - probably not. What a tool.
    Even Morris took the time and effort to write occasional historical pieces of past players, coaches, and people associated with Gamecock sports, when he was at The State. Josh Kendall is scum of the earth. He worked at The State for almost a decade, and not once - not even once - did he ever attempt to write any up-close or personal pieces about the players during his time covering them, about in-state players who grew up wanting to be Gamecocks, or getting the chance to be a part of the FB program and help the team to success. Even during the "glory days" of 2010-2013. It's one thing for some neutral college sports writer to not take any subjective perspective if he/she just writes about everyone or anything, like an Associated Press beat writer, but Kendall was paid to be a South Carolina Gamecocks dedicated beat writer straight out of Columbia, and he never bothered to take the effort.

About every article Kendall regarding USC sports went like this: the FB head coach at USC would have a press conference. People would ask him questions about the program's status, and he'd answer them. Kendall would ask mostly negative things, like player suspensions, or off-field situations, but never write about them, but he'd ask just the same. Then his articles would basically be written transcripts of the Q&A sessions of the pressers, with his own personal - and negative - touches added to them.

But he loved to write about every and any negative thing that happened with the FB program. He's gone out of his way to write about how USC is miles apart from his beloved UGA Bulldogs lately, but when we went 4-1 against them during that great run, he never wrote a single thing about it. Not one single thing. Good riddance - now he'll be a "Gamecock" dedicated writer for The Article, a pay site, where he'll wax even more nostalgic about his Georgia Bulldogs, and talk about Clemson, like he did all day today at the SEC Media Days. He should make a fortune doing that....

"Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp