Thread: Multiple TVs in One Room

Default Multiple TVs in One Room

For the upcoming season, Iím looking to set up multiple TVs to watch multiple games at the same
    time. My thoughts are buying two smart TVs so I donít have to worry about running cable to the extras. I would put my main game on my main tv which has a Bose theater system and stream games off the spectrum app (or any other app) on the other TVs.

Iím wondering if any of you guys have done this and how have you done it. Have you used smart TVs or have you used cable? If you used cable, did you use multiple receivers or is there a better way?

Im also looking into getting a projector for outside viewing. Any advice for products and set ups for that?

Default Re: Multiple TVs in One Room

Quote Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
    For the upcoming season, I’m looking to set up multiple TVs to watch multiple games at the same
    time. My thoughts are buying two smart TVs so I don’t have to worry about running cable to the extras. I would put my main game on my main tv which has a Bose theater system and stream games off the spectrum app (or any other app) on the other TVs.

I’m wondering if any of you guys have done this and how have you done it. Have you used smart TVs or have you used cable? If you used cable, did you use multiple receivers or is there a better way?

Im also looking into getting a projector for outside viewing. Any advice for products and set ups for that?
    I have done it both ways and I will tell you that hard wired cable is by far the best way to do it. Streaming is ok but you are at the mercy of your signal strength and at least when I have done it I got frustrated with dropped signal. If you signal is strong then I don't think that streaming is a bad idea. When I stream I used a roku stick with HDMI. When I use cable I use multiple receivers with my cable. I just split the signal out of the wall and run two cable boxes. It works like a charm!

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Best option is multiple hard wired receivers. How many TV's do you want to run? If you don't want multiple cable boxes you could probably get away with TV's, one connected to comcast, one streaming a game, and two connected to OTA antennas.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Best option is multiple hard wired receivers. How many TV's do you want to run? If you don't want multiple cable boxes you could probably get away with TV's, one connected to comcast, one streaming a game, and two connected to OTA antennas.

I’m looking to add two more so three total. I’m going to see how much an extra receiver will cost and may go with one extra. I’m also considering an antenna so I can pick up the cbs/abc games when needed. In the past I have streamed on my computer, iPad, and phone at the same time and I haven’t had problems before, so I may attempt to stream on that first weekend and if I run into problems, then I’ll look into the extra receiver and antenna.

Thanks for the replys guys.

In a Van down by the river in Boiling Springs, SC

I've used a couple of Fire sticks with the KODI app in the past. You can get really ANY game in the country. you can even use it in the Projector. No other cables to run except power.
    Jake, from State Farm, IS A GAMECOCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver View Post
    I've used a couple of Fire sticks with the KODI app in the past. You can get really ANY game in the country. you can even use it in the Projector. No other cables to run except power.

What is KODI?

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
    What is KODI?
    Its an open source media server.

Speaking of TV's, I put some back lighting on my tv. Kind of neat, especially for $20.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by carolina_corpsman; 08-04-2019 at 09:26 PM.