Thread: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Default Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

I did a couple of small ones - wrapped in some bacon this evening and they were so good "that it would make you take back stuff you never stole"!!!! Now that's pretty darn good!!!

Anybody out there ever do "Pork Tenderloins" on your grill/smoker?

Default Re: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

For me, pork tenderloins do best on high heat with a pre-cook and post-cook marinade. For a cut that lean, low and slow might render them too dry.

One of the things I like to do with them is a pork wellington. It's basically beef wellington, but with pork tenderloin instead.
    ----------------------------------------------

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Never wrapped em in bacon, but I like grilling them at 350 for about 30 min.

I did mine after injecting them with some apple juice and then putting my rub on them and the the bacon wrap. I had them for supper - two nights straight and they were awesome both nights. Put my temp setting at 265 F and slow cooked them until I got an internal temp of about 153 F and then took off the grill and covered them with two layers of tin foil and let them sit for about 25 to 30 minutes. We had "red taters, corn on the cob, and some delicious baked beans.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Never wrapped em in bacon, but I like grilling them at 350 for about 30 min.
    The bacon really adds some extra flavor as pork tenderloin can dry out on you if you are not careful. I also think the injection of apple juice helped also.

I have a recipe from the Old Post Office on Edisto for Pork Medallions made from tenderloin that will make you hurt yourself. Marinade consist of molasses, Jack Daniels and honey. Once you are done marinating you take the marinade add a heavy cream and cook making a sauce out of it. I grill the medallions in a stainless grilling basket. The marinade only takes about 30 minutes. Made the mistake of marinating them over night one time and the medallions absorbed all of the JD. They were some very potent medallions lol.

A good brining really helps. Just make sure that yours isn't alerady brined.
    Order Of The Spur

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Never wrapped 'em in bacon (sounds delish, but I'd eat bacon in my corn flakes...). Middle daughter's fav is when I grill it, mine is as medallions in a marsala 'gravy' with sliced shrooms. Both were my FIL's way of fixing tenderloin - and he was the king!
    Go Cocks!