Vanderbilt

Alabama
    LSU
    A@M
    Auburn
    Miss St
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas

Thats about the way I thought it would be. People may get upset over Missouri ahead of us but again look at their schedule. We could easily beat them but they turn out to have the better conference record.

Default Re: East finish va

I still can't understand all the love for Mizzou.

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
    I still can't understand all the love for Mizzou.
    Look at their schedule, it is as light as Clemson's.

I think Mizzou gets the nod over us because of Bryant at QB.

who would of thought---a clemsux qb with a clemsux schedule

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Mizzou gets a bounce because of Bryant and the media's lovefest with all things Clemson. But the reality is that Bryant lost the starting job at Clemson to a true Freshman and is not as good as Lock - and their talent level is below ours. We beat them with our back-up QB last year.

And we had UF beat at the Swamp until we ran out of bodies on Defense. Barring a re-occurrence of a massive number of injuries, that will not happen this year - and even if it does, we will have a more depth to be able to withstand players getting hurt.

We will be a much better team IMO but we are only picked 4th because we play Alabama and Texas A&M, a very, very tough schedule.

Tennessee will be better this year than Mizzo.

1st Team All-American sporkgod50's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    Mizzou gets a bounce because of Bryant and the media's lovefest with all things Clemson. But the reality is that Bryant lost the starting job at Clemson to a true Freshman and is not as good as Lock - and their talent level is below ours. We beat them with our back-up QB last year.

And we had UF beat at the Swamp until we ran out of bodies on Defense. Barring a re-occurrence of a massive number of injuries, that will not happen this year - and even if it does, we will have a more depth to be able to withstand players getting hurt.
    I agree why the media pays attention to national champions while not giving us credit for moral victories is pure malarkey
    what would a mama buffalo call her son who finds both sexes attractive?

a bison.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
    Tennessee will be better this year than Mizzo.
    No question about it

Kelly Bryant is a lot better college QB than Drew Lock. Did Lock ever beat one good team? All he could do was throw screens and slants and rack up huge stats on terrible non-conference teams

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
    Kelly Bryant is a lot better college QB than Drew Lock. Did Lock ever beat one good team? All he could do was throw screens and slants and rack up huge stats on terrible non-conference teams
    Did Lock have Clemson level talent playing around him? No, of course not. But they still went 8-5 last year with an easy win over Florida at the Swamp (38-17), following up a 45-16 win over the Gators in 2017.

Lock was a 5* who lived up to expectations - a 4 year starter who put up big numbers. The NFL agrees that he has talent, making him the #42 pick.

Bryant is a 3* that has performed better than that, but no way is he an improvement over Lock - or even as good. Which is why I do not see the love for Mizzou.

Did Lock have Clemson level talent playing around him? No, of course not. But they still went 8-5 last year with an easy win over Florida at the Swamp (38-17), following up a 45-16 win over the Gators in 2017.

Lock was a 5* who lived up to expectations - a 4 year starter who put up big numbers. The NFL agrees that he has talent, making him the #42 pick.

Bryant is a 3* that has performed better than that, but no way is he an improvement over Lock - or even as good. Which is why I do not see the love for Mizzou.
    But did Lock meet expectations? Did he really? Other than beating UF last year, did he beat a top 20 opponent in his career? Everyone in the SEC knew he put up big stats on their non conference opponents but then would throw <50% completion and usually have more interceptions that touchdowns in SEC play. I wouldn’t necessarily take a top 50 draft pick to mean that he was an excellent QB in college. Seems like the NFL checks the two boxes consisting of being over 6 ft tall and having a strong arm. If you got that, some franchise will take you fairly high.

Bryant gets unfair criticism because he wasn’t a good a passer as Lawrence. Who is? People on here are acting like he’s about the same as Terry Wilson at Kentucky. The guy can throw the ball, just not as good as maybe the top 3 QBs in CFB.

Missouri has plenty of talent coming back on offense, including Rountree at RB and Albert O at TE (he might be Kipers no.1 TE on the board). And again, look at the schedule. They’re better than both of the West opponents they have. As I said earlier, I think we very well may beat them but they can easily go 5-3 in conference and finish 9-3 and 3rd in the East.

Also remember...we needed a monsoon to beat them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecockfootball62 View Post
    Can any one let me know what the coaches picked us in the East

Thank you!!
    NOT TOO GOOD......lets thank them for putting that chip on our shoulders...now it's up to us to compete like we've got something to prove
    When they picked us to do well we didn't. Hopefully we can prove them wrong again.