Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer - Tavien Feaster

Default Re: Transfer - Tavien Feaster

Quote Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
    Huh?
    Right?—— Did he really just thank himself for his own post?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
    Right?—— Did he really just thank himself for his own post?
    Nah, my take was he asked once with a "thanks"...had no effect, and came back with a "thank you kindly" to try again.
    Bison

My opinion on Feaster.

I'd say 90% Gamecock, 10% Hokie.

I don't like 100% as obviously things can change. As of today I'd say he will be in Garnet and Black this year.

Where he excels. He has great hands out of the backfield. If he gets in space he is gone. I can see him taking a lot of those RB tosses/ short passes that Dowdle missed. I am fairly certain he should be able to block as well.

Biggest ? (in my opinion). Can he run up the middle and get the tough yards. I don't care that he scored a couple of Touchdowns on Carolina. We were pourous as crap in the middle the last couple of years. Also, he will be going against SEC defenses week in and week out. That being said, they are the east defenses, except Bama and A&M. As much as the next comment will begrudge me to say, They will face probably the top three defenses in the country next year. Bama, Georgia, and Clemson.

I personally think he and Dowdle should be able to complement each other. Out of high school, I felt they were basically the same, if not Dowdle might have been a bit better, with the caveat of the hand out of the backfield comment previously mentioned. My point is, I didn't feel he was a 5* caliber back, and perhaps he is. I really hope to eat crow on that comment. I hope he comes in, takes the "starter position", and leads us to a national title type season. (Obviously unrealistic expectation).

I see him as a no brainer take though. He is here for a year and gone. Hopefully we will talk about him, for his time here, in the same light as Lattimore (playing ability wise).

Running in a Sandstorm Gamecockboyo's Avatar

I’m hearing that an announcement to the guys in the Garnet and Black will be made late July.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Looks like the late July invite-only cookout event we'll have will be the next big recruiting event, with a number of commitments possibly around then. We could have some commitments prior to then, and some of our biggest targets are on schedule to make announcements prior to then, but with the dead period running till July 24th, the coaches won't be able to make any pitches for their programs until then....

So Feaster has to finish summer session 2 at Clemson? Which means he won’t enroll until August if he comes to Carolina? If this is the case I hope he can pick up the playbook fast, we will definitely need his speed against Bama on September 14

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
    So Feaster has to finish summer session 2 at Clemson? Which means he won’t enroll until August if he comes to Carolina? If this is the case I hope he can pick up the playbook fast, we will definitely need his speed against Bama on September 14
    I don't think it will be that much of an issue. Running back is one of the easiest positions to learn (or so I have heard), and he will have a couple of weeks of in game experience before it is overly important. He will be fine, but he cannot transfer until he officially graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
    Looks like the late July invite-only cookout event we'll have will be the next big recruiting event, with a number of commitments possibly around then. We could have some commitments prior to then, and some of our biggest targets are on schedule to make announcements prior to then, but with the dead period running till July 24th, the coaches won't be able to make any pitches for their programs until then...
    Not exactly true. Coaches can still contact recruits by phone, text, letter, etc. They may not have face-to-face contact, watch student-athletes compete in person, or visit their high schools.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
    Not exactly true. Coaches can still contact recruits by phone, text, letter, etc. They may not have face-to-face contact, watch student-athletes compete in person, or visit their high schools.
    True, but recruiting for your program over the phone or through the mail is a bit weak compared to looking them in their eyes....

Default Feaster?

When is he supposed to announce his decision? I think he could help out a lot this season.
    GO COCKS!!!

Default Re: Feaster?

At the very last minute...it appears

He is still enrolled at Clemson finishing up his degree, so he can be a graduate transfer to wherever. Doubt pretty much - if it was South Carolina he chooses - he seriously wants to do that publicly while he's still a student at Clemson.....

Quote Originally Posted by CocksRgood View Post
    At the very last minute...it appears
    He has to finish classes at Clemson first. I would think that he will announce soon.
    University of South Carolina '19

Last day of summer classes at Clemson is July 31, with finals running from August 2-5. Graduation is August 9.

He has said he will probably make his decision before his clemson finish, don't know when he will announce.

streetcarl if youre nasty TheWeave09's Avatar

I think it makes sense that he’s waiting and it could be very telling about the decision he’s going to make. For him to announce that he’s transferring here while still enrolled at Clemson could bring some unwanted criticism from those around him. Probably better for him to wait until he can leave that place and move forward with his decision in a new environment

He has already announced that he's transferring, just not exactly where. He likely has a good reason, and it may be that the coaches involved already know.

Maybe some professor would give him a failing grade if he announced he was going to USC?

Could some professor give him a failing grade if he announced he was going to USC?

Quote Originally Posted by scdodgerfan View Post
    Could some professor give him a failing grade if he announced he was going to USC?
    I doubt his professor will give a shit about his football career
    University of South Carolina '19