Thread: The newer reporters at The State

Default The newer reporters at The State

have been digging out some good stories during the quieter times. Some of us are glad to see something most days featuring a player or something they could glean from the coaches or get from players who have been working out.

Default Re: The newer reporters at The State

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    have been digging out some good stories during the quieter times. Some of us are glad to see something most days featuring a player or something they could glean from the coaches or get from players who have been working out.
    I think so too. Breiner and Hadley are the ones I've noticed. Unfortunately, despite the enterprising content, the writing is sometimes sloppy. Typos and bad grammar drive me nuts, especially from newspaper reporters.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
    I think so too. Breiner and Hadley are the ones I've noticed. Unfortunately, despite the enterprising content, the writing is sometimes sloppy. Typos and bad grammar drive me nuts, especially from newspaper reporters.
    Typed on a laptop while at Starbucks?

I didn't really notice the sloppiness since I'm sorta starved for information. What Hadley did that I noticed was depart from the convention of late among writers of giving a flowery-written backstory and never getting to the headline topic until I've just about given up. It's all over the news and sports media, and often requires scanning through half an article to get to the meat of the story. A lot of it seems just plain pretentious to me.

I didn't really notice the sloppiness since I'm sorta starved for information. What Hadley did that I noticed was depart from the convention of late among writers of giving a flowery-written backstory and never getting to the headline topic until I've just about given up. It's all over the news and sports media, and often requires scanning through half an article to get to the meat of the story. A lot of it seems pretentious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
    Typed on a laptop while at Starbucks?
    Five Points.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
    I didn't really notice the sloppiness since I'm sorta starved for information. What Hadley did that I noticed was depart from the convention of late among writers of giving a flowery-written backstory and never getting to the headline topic until I've just about given up. It's all over the news and sports media, and often requires scanning through half an article to get to the meat of the story. A lot of it seems just plain pretentious to me.
    That's the formula for clickbait and seo spam you see so much of. I hate that too. That kind of piece usually has key search phrases forced into the copy in unnatural ways. I'm strictly an inverted pyramid fan...get to the point please. That's why I do enjoy the journalism style of actual media sites .

DP

I am just excited that I can now click on any headline I like and not have to risk that I gave some click stat to He Who Must Not Be Named. So glad he is gone. At least when MoRon was here, he could actually write a coherent article and was really good analytically, when he wasn't grinding his axe. For the past few years, it has been bad writing and trollism. Really glad the troll is gone.

Most hated poster. AikenRooster's Avatar

Ron Morris saw things coming that the rest of us didn't want to hear about because we were winning when he was talking about those things.
    We got shutout by Virginia, in football. Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
    Ron Morris saw things coming that the rest of us didn't want to hear about because we were winning when he was talking about those things.
    He said unpopular things that were true. I can take that, in fact I appreciate it, and I defended Ron at one point until it became clear he was grandstanding. His agenda was centered on himself, not on the truth. Very glad he's gone.