Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Throwback Jerseys!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Throwback Jerseys!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
    those should be our regular jerseys. infinitely better than the ones we wear now with the 2 color vertical shoulder pad stripes. give me that same stripe design on all our jerseys and ill be happy.
    I agree. They are arguably cleaner, better design and font, and more memorable. They stick out more than any other Gamecock uniform I've ever seen, in a good way.
    Do ya thing

Name:  Capture.png
Views: 289
Size:  83.8 KB
    Name:  fef.png
Views: 290
Size:  88.1 KB
    Name:  jyj.png
Views: 287
Size:  73.7 KB

best images I could get. The super fast action scene quickshots from the uniform reveal videos are a little annoying. I'd just like to be able to actually see the uniform but whatever I'm happy with these. Theres no reason they should'nt be the default home uniforms but they probably wont be. Leave em like this and youll NEVER have to change them again.

Apparent Sunshine Pumper Gamecocks1137's Avatar

The editing in the video was top notch, I love the way they portrayed it. Watch out, something scary is coming!
    "I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter

Prodigy Entertainment

IMO the stripes being horizontal on the side of the shoulder is a much better look than the stripes going over the shoulder like our regular unis do. The placement of the shoulder stripes here makes the black jersey color more prominent and the stripes look more like accents rather than looking like fake suspenders that just cut off randomly at the collarbone.
    Do ya thing

Oh my god. I did not realize that we are going to be wearing this throwback style every single game, all season.

That is crazy, and amazing.

I am so down
    Do ya thing

"Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    Oh my god. I did not realize that we are going to be wearing this throwback style every single game, all season.

That is crazy, and amazing.

I am so down
    Really? Are they players still picking the combo just using those particular jerseys and pants? I hope they don't do that ugly 3 color combo every game.

I can't wait to see what the all white storm trooper unis look like in throwback style. I imagine the "Gamecocks" across the chest is black lettering, not white.
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Really? Are they players still picking the combo just using those particular jerseys and pants? I hope they don't do that ugly 3 color combo every game.
    It was announced that they did with Under Armour for the 150th anniversary of college football. Basically, we have agreed to wear the throwback style in every single game. But no, that doesn't mean it will be the same color combo every game. That is still expected to change from game to game. It'll just have "Gamecocks" across the chest all season.

I think we only showed off the Red-Black-White style for this video because
    a) It's the most iconic combo from the black magic era
    b) The video/media staff and equipment staff are keeping the other uniform combos under wraps. That way it will be exciting to see what the new unis look like from week to week. They don't want to show their full hand.
    Do ya thing

I agree. They are arguably cleaner, better design and font, and more memorable. They stick out more than any other Gamecock uniform I've ever seen, in a good way.
    Agree....these are superior to our wandering ways of trying to find something that sets USC apart. We already had that...just go back in time.
    People will be jealous of these unis!

It was announced that they did with Under Armour for the 150th anniversary of college football. Basically, we have agreed to wear the throwback style in every single game. But no, that doesn't mean it will be the same color combo every game. That is still expected to change from game to game. It'll just have "Gamecocks" across the chest all season.
    Gotcha. That sounds cool then.

Does this mean the white circle lives on?

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    Gotcha. That sounds cool then.

Does this mean the white circle lives on?
    I doubt it does past this season. It's just not modern enough to be clean - it looks like a design from the 80's. We already have the complex block C, and the circle just takes up more space and makes it look vintage rather than modern.

However, folks on Twitter are talking about wanting to permanently have "Gamecocks" on the chest rather than "Carolina". I could be down for that. The script "Carolina" helmets might fit better if "Gamecocks" were on the chest, too. The normal jerseys are too redundant. You don't want "Carolina" on every part of the uniform.
    Do ya thing

Red?!?! GTFO.
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

a) It's the most iconic combo from the black magic era
    b) The video/media staff and equipment staff are keeping the other uniform combos under wraps. That way it will be exciting to see what the new unis look like from week to week. They don't want to show their full hand.
    Damn I thought it was just gonna be a one game thing, but this is awesome! I can't wait to see what else we'll have this year. Hopefully, the "Gamecocks" on the jerseys will stay after '19. Sets us apart as no other P5 team is the Gamecocks and you don't wanna overuse "Carolina" IMO
    University of South Carolina '19

Muschamp just announced that these will be our permanent black jerseys moving forward, not just for this season.

Basically, after this year of all-throwback unis, our usual uniforms will stay the same (Carolina on the front of garnet and white jerseys), but the black jerseys will always be the throwback one, with "Gamecocks" across the chest.

I like it. Implementing a bit of that 80's history into permanent look today. Pays tribute to our heritage, but still utilizes the modern look.
    Do ya thing

Can we get some of those big ass neck rolls or maybe a cowboy collar for the LB's?

Muschamp just announced that these will be our permanent black jerseys moving forward, not just for this season.

Basically, after this year of all-throwback unis, our usual uniforms will stay the same (Carolina on the front of garnet and white jerseys), but the black jerseys will always be the throwback one, with "Gamecocks" across the chest.

I like it. Implementing a bit of that 80's history into permanent look today. Pays tribute to our heritage, but still utilizes the modern look.

Uh so after this season, when we wear black it will be throwback, but when we wear white or garnet it will be last years u i? That makes 0 sense... just change them all to the throwback look and keep it that way going forward. I guess we will see. Seems to be conflicting reports

Quote Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
    Uh so after this season, when we wear black it will be throwback, but when we wear white or garnet it will be last years u i? That makes 0 sense... just change them all to the throwback look and keep it that way going forward. I guess we will see. Seems to be conflicting reports
    I'm sure they will work out the kinks for 2020 when the time comes
    University of South Carolina '19

https://shop.gamecocksonline.com/sou...NewestArrivals

Link for anyone wanting to buy some throwback gear.

Yo them joints is Fuego!!!! No cap