Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News and Notes Regarding 2019 Opponents

Default News and Notes Regarding 2019 Opponents

Due to our current state of doom and gloom because of some injuries and some opinions that Jake sucks and won’t be better this year, I’d thought I’d start a thread addressing the woes of Carolina’s opponents for this coming season. Feel free to add anything when you see it.

For starters:

UGA So. LB Brenton Cox dismissed from team.
    Mizzouri QB Kelly Bryant and TE Albert O out from practice with injuries. Both expected to be back before the season starts.
    FL backup DB CJ McWilliams our for season with torn achilles.
    FL DB John Huggins still hasn’t reported for camp for “family reasons” according to Mullen.
    KY projected starter, WR Isaiah Epps out for six weeks with foot injury.
    KY starter, S Davonte Robinson will miss entire season with torn right quad.
    TN projected starter, DT Emmit Gooden suffered a knee injury. May be lost for rest of season.

Default Re: News and Notes Regarding 2019 Opponents

Excellent idea, that's going to be hard to keep track of. Props.
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Nathan Neuhaus, who started six games at right guard for the Vols in 2018, has elected to leave Tennessee.

Clemson has officially announced that the program has self-reported several violations to the NCAA dating back to July of 2018. According to Matt Connolly of The State, the Tigers have reported 13 NCAA violations. According to the AP, Clemson has confirmed at least eight violations have occurred during this time.

Kelly Bryant practiced for Mizzou yesterday.
    "Don't ask me to cook the dinner, and not let me shop for the groceries." - Will Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
    TN projected starter, DT Emmit Gooden suffered a knee injury. May be lost for rest of season.
    Saw an article that confirms Gooden is out for the year due to a torn ACL.

Clemson As of today:

Yellow (No contact)
    Derion Kendrick (DB)
    Davis Allen (TE)
    Amari Rodgers (WR) (ACL)
    Bryton Constantin (LB)
    Jake Venables (LB)

Green (Limited)
    Tee Higgins (WR)
    Nyles Pinckney (DT)
    Luke Price (TE)

And just like that, former UGA LB Brenton Cox, who was dismissed from UGA recently, has transferred to Florida.

Alabama freshman running back Trey Sanders will reportedly miss the 2019 season with an injury.
    Sanders, a former 5-star and #1 RB according to 247 composite, suffered a significant foot injury on the final play of the Crimson Tide’s preseason practice Thursday night and is expected to miss the entire season,

Sanders was probably going to be #3/4 on the depth chart as he was taking third string reps during practice.

FL DB John Huggins has officially been dismissed from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
    FL DB John Huggins has officially been dismissed from the team.
    How the hell does that work? They welcome someone dismissed from UGA and then turn around and dismiss a player of their own. Oh well.

Alabama’s first team ILB Joshua McMillon had a knee injury in their scrimmage yesterday. Is likely out for the season.

Freshman tight end Baylor Cupp suffered a broken left ankle in the Aggies' scrimmage Monday night on Kyle Field. 'He'll be out for a while' due to the injury, Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher said. Cupp had surgery Tuesday. “He had a plate put on his ankle, tibia, on the lower part of his leg," Fisher said. "He'll be out for a while.”

Sounds like from what I read, he was fighting for the starting spot. Definitely a two deep guy.

Tennessee starting DB (Nickel) Baylen Buchanan is out indefinitely with a spinal issue (narrowing of the spine). Rising senior is 3rd on the team in returning tackles and second in returning pass break ups. Not sure if he will be out for entire season but it sounds like he may be.
    Last edited by GoCCUChants; 08-14-2019 at 05:46 PM.

1st Team All-American Cockypantherfan's Avatar

Florida will have no depth at all this season, especially in the defensive backfield.

The Classic Double-Take ConwayGamecock's Avatar

Florida boards saying starting RT Jean Delance is injured with a bone bruise and may be out first 3 games until their Kentucky game. Also starting DL Kyrie Campbell is dealing with a groin injury, but it may be minor enough for him to make it back for the Miami game, their season-opener....

Confirmed by their 247sports board: https://247sports.com/college/florid...ame-134449085/

This UF-Miami game will be interesting. Florida has depth issues on the Oline and defensive backfield, but has solid playmakers at RB and WR. Miami however has a solid returning front 7. Can they cause enough pressure up front to keep UFs playmakers from making a difference? Either way, I’m looking forward to it next week.

Tater DT Nyles Pinckney carted off the practice field with unknown injury.

-per @sportstalksc
    ----------------------------------------------

Lists for All teams. (This is going to be long.)

UNC
    Player Status Type Comment
    Bryce Watts Out Eligibility Watts will have to sit out the entire 2019 season due to eligibility reasons.
    Brandon Fritts Out Knee Fritts sustained a season-ending torn ACL in his right knee.
    Dyami Brown Questionable Hamstring Brown is nursing a tight hamstring, and it is unclear if he will play against South Carolina on Aug. 31.
    Dominique Ross Questionable Suspension Ross has been suspended for the first half of the season opener against South Carolina due to his role in an altercation, and it is unclear if he will play in the second half of the game.
    Chazz Surratt Questionable Wrist Surratt is dealing with a wrist injury, and it is unclear if he will suit up Aug. 31 versus South Carolina.
    Patrice Rene Questionable Suspension Rene is serving a suspension for the first half of the season opener against South Carolina. It is undetermined if he will be available for the second half.

BAMA
    Stephon Wynn Jr. Out Undisclosed Wynn Jr. had surgery to an unlisted location and will be laid up for undetermined length of time.
    Jalyn Armour-Davis Out Knee Armour-Davis will miss an extended period due to a knee injury.
    Nigel Knott Out Undisclosed Knott is tending to an unspecified medical condition, and it is uncertain when he will return.
    Trey Sanders Out Foot Sanders is expected to miss the entire 2019 season due to a foot injury.
    Joshua McMillon Out Knee McMillon suffered a substantial right knee injury and will be on the sidelines for extended length of time.
    Shyheim Carter Questionable Hernia Carter is on the mend from sports hernia surgery, and it is uncertain if he will be available Aug. 31 against Duke.
    Christopher Allen Questionable Knee Allen is recuperating from a previous torn ACL and an offseason knee surgery. His status for Aug. 31 against Duke is up in the air.
    Ben Davis Questionable Leg Davis has a leg injury, leaving his status in question for the season opener against Duke.
    Ale Kaho Questionable Personal Kaho is tending to a personal matter, and it is unclear if he will play in the season opener against Duke.
    Terrell Lewis Questionable Knee Lewis is healing from a previous torn ACL, and it is unknown if he will face Duke on Aug. 31.
    Jedrick Wills Jr. Probable Ankle Wills Jr. is expected to take the field against Duke on Aug. 31 despite a high-ankle sprain.
    Miller Forristall Probable Foot Forristall is recovering from offseason foot surgery, but he is expected to suit up against Duke in the season opener.
    Labryan Ray Probable Ankle Ray had surgery during the offseason due fix an ankle injury but is expected to be on the field against Duke in the season opener.

Missouri
    Ishmael Burdine Out Shoulder Burdine sustained a shoulder injury, and there is no timetable for recovery.
    Shawn Robinson Out Eligibility Robinson will miss the entire 2019 season due to an eligibility issue.
    Jalani Williams Questionable Foot Williams is healing from foot surgery, and it has yet to be established if he will be on the field Aug. 31 against Wyoming.
    Dominic Gicinto Questionable Hamstring Gicinto is nursing a hamstring injury, and it is undetermined if he will face Wyoming in the season opener.
    Logan Christopherson Questionable Shoulder Christopherson is on the mend from a shoulder procedure, and it is unclear if he will suit up against Wyoming in the season opener.
    Daniel Ellinger Questionable Shoulder Ellinger is recuperating from shoulder surgery, leaving his status in question for Aug. 31 against Wyoming.
    Khmari Thompson Questionable Knee Thompson is saddled with a knee injury, leaving his availability clouded for the season opener against Wyoming.
    Johnathon Johnson Questionable Knee Johnson is experiencing tendinitis in his knee, and it is uncertain if he will take the field Aug. 31 against Wyoming.
    Albert Okwuegbunam Probable Knee Okwuegbunam is expected to play Aug. 31 against Wyoming despite a strained knee.
    Kelly Bryant Probable Hamstring Bryant has a hamstring injury but is likely to be available against Wyoming on Aug. 31.

Kentucky
    Isaiah Epps Out Foot Epps is recovering from a fractured foot and is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.
    Davonte Robinson Out Quadricep Robinson suffered a season-ending torn right quadriceps.

UGA
    D'Wan Mathis Out Head Mathis had offseason surgery to remove a cyst from his brain, and there is no timetable for return.
    Ryland Goede Questionable Knee Goede is healing from offseason knee surgery, and it is unclear if he will play against Vanderbilt on Aug. 31.
    Zamir White Probable Knee White is projected to be available against Vanderbilt on Aug. 31 after healing from a previously torn ACL.
    James Cook Probable Ankle Cook is dealing with a right ankle injury, but it is anticipated that he will suit up Aug. 31 against Vanderbilt.
    David Marshall Probable Foot Marshall is expected to be ready for the season opener against Vanderbilt despite a foot injury.

Florida
    David Reese Out Achilles Reese II is expected to miss the entire 2019 season due to a ruptured Achilles tendon.
    C.J. McWilliams Out Achilles McWilliams is recovering from a ruptured Achilles and is expected to miss the 2019 season.
    Brenton Cox Out Eligibility Cox is likely to sit out the entire 2019 season while dealing with eligibility issues.
    Jeremiah Moon Questionable Foot Moon is dealing with a foot injury, and it is unknown if he will suit up against Miami in the season opener.
    Griffin McDowell Questionable Lower Body McDowell has a lower-body injury, and it is unclear if he will play Aug. 24 against Miami.
    Tyrie Cleveland Probable Collarbone Cleveland is expected to be ready for the season opener against Miami after recovering from a broken collarbone.
    Marco Wilson Probable Knee Wilson is likely to make his season debut Aug. 24 against Miami after healing from a torn ACL.

Tennessee
    Emmit Gooden Out Knee Gooden sustained a torn ACL, ending his season.
    Deangelo Gibbs Out Eligibility Gibbs will miss the entire 2019 season due to an eligibility issue.
    Kenneth George Jr. Out Suspension George Jr. is serving an indefinite suspension for conduct detrimental to the program.
    Baylen Buchanan Out Spine Buchannan will miss an undetermined length of time after being diagnosed with a narrowing of his spine.
    Jordan Allen Out Hip Flexor Allen had surgery to fix a torn hip flexor and will miss an extended period.
    Trey Smith Questionable Lung Smith is suffering blood clots in his lung, and it is unclear if he will be available against Georgia State in the home opener.
    Brandon Kennedy Questionable Knee Kennedy is recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL, and it is unknown if he will play against Georgia State on Aug. 31.
    Aubrey Solomon Questionable Eligibility Solomon is dealing with an eligibility issue, and it is unknown if the NCAA will clear him in time for Aug. 31 against Georgia State.
    Eric Gray Questionable Shoulder Gray is on the mend form offseason shoulder surgery, leaving his status against Georgia State on Aug. 31 in question.
    Jauan Jennings Probable Knee Jennings is recuperating from knee surgery but is expected to play against Georgia State on Aug. 31.

Vandy
    Deuce Wallace Questionable Infection Wallace is battling an infection in his right arm, leaving his availability in question for the home opener versus Georgia

App State
    No Info

Texas A&M
    Vernon Jackson Out Neck Jackson is expected to sit out the entire 2019 season due to a neck injury.
    Baylor Cupp Out Ankle Cupp is in danger of missing the entire 2019 season after breaking his left ankle.
    Jashaun Corbin Questionable Hamstring Corbin is tending to a hamstring injury, and it is unclear if he will take the field against Texas State on Aug. 29.
    Derrick Tucker Questionable Poss. Suspension Tucker is facing a possible suspension for an off-field incident, leaving his availability against Texas State in the home opener unknown.
    Demarvin Leal Probable Knee Leal is dealing with a knee injury but is expected to play against Texas State on Aug. 29.

Clemson
    Logan Cash Out Back Cash will miss an extended period due to a back injury.
    Braden Galloway Out Suspension Galloway has been suspended for the entire 2019 season after testing positive for a banned substance.
    Amari Rodgers Out Knee Rodgers is expected to be sidelined until at least the end of September while he rehabs a previously torn ACL.
    Jordan Williams Questionable Knee Williams is recuperating from a knee injury, and it is unknown if he will suit up against Georgia Tech on Aug. 29.
    Bryton Constantin Questionable Knee Constantin is healing from a knee injury, and his status for the season opener against Georgia Tech is up in the air.

Third four-star 2019 signee fails to qualify, won’t enroll at Florida
    https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ll-at-florida/

All told, the six players mentioned in this post represent the No. 1, No. 7, No. 8, No. 9, No. 13 and No. 16 signees in the Gators’ 26-player recruiting class that was rated ninth in the country.