Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Schedule

Default Re: 2020 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
    I'd rather not unless it's to give an in state school some money. My point was, we play enough "name brand" teams as it is with having UGA, FL, Tenn, A&M and Clemson on the board, no need to add in another one.

However, I would totally be down to do a home and home vs SoCal, I bet that would make a lot of money.
    Yeah I agree about the name brands. I was just curious because I've seen some people want us to play the Ohio State's of the world plus the Furman's. There was a pretty interesting debate about this on the lunch show on 1075 earlier this summer.
    University of South Carolina '19

Quote Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
    With the Florida name and recruiting base, Mullen will be looking for championships soon (East/SEC/Nat).
    Pruitt may not be the long-term guy for UT, but he too can make Tennessee a consistent top 25 team again.
    If we want to position ourselves ahead of those two in the East, we need to embarrass (throttle, dismantle, demoralize) them both every chance we get.
    The next two or three seasons will determine which team of the three is racing Georgia for the East for probably the next decade (all constants remaining the same - consistent constants?).
    I think we will know more about the future of Florida after this year. I'm pumping the breaks on them. Tennessee is interesting because I think they are a few years away from being a real threat. However, I don't think they will ever get back to the Tennessee of the 90s, and their fans are not willing to accept that
    University of South Carolina '19

Quote Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
    Yeah the last time it was supposed to be a home game for us, but the stadium was flooded due to a storm. So we played in Baton Rouge. While it was nice of them to host us, and from all accounts the LSU folks were very hospitable, it does not replace a missing home game. We should be playing them here, but nobody has the balls to fight for it.
    I don't think they can replace it because all of the money went to USC.

Quote Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
    If LSU were nice, they would give us that home game back due to the hurricane.
    Excellent point, I’m sure nobody even asked if this was possible.

If Bentley comes out the gates struggling, will we look ahead to 2020 and give the young qbs a chance?