Dan Werner

Jake Bentley

A.J. Turner

Will Register

Nick Muse

Dakereon Joyner

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Default Re: Gamecock Media Availability 8/9/2019

Good stuff. You can tell that Dakereon is tired of the crap about moving him to another position and is ready to compete so he can get on the field.

It also sounds like AJ is a Corner/KR for the foreseeable future and Muse has a good chance of getting the waiver.

I really hope we can build a big enough lead in the first two games to let Dak get some reps. I know his arm isn’t close to Shaw’s but I get excited imagining him making plays with his legs to extend drives much like Shaw did. I think there’s a spot for him with a red zone package if we still struggle converting our opportunities into TDs much like FL did with Tebow back in 06.

1st Team All-American Ace Dilcock's Avatar

Shaw might get the edge with accuracy, but Joyner has a stronger arm and throws a better deep ball. Joyner actually was a better passer in HS - 1742 more passing yards, 19 more passing TDs using their Junior and Senior totals (Joyner put up big numbers as a Sophomore also, but Shaw was playing WR so those numbers are not included). Joyner's team also had more success although Shaw's team was good also.

The real difference at this stage of their careers is college experience. Like you say, Joyner just needs to get on the field and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
    Shaw might get the edge with accuracy, but Joyner has a stronger arm and throws a better deep ball. Joyner actually was a better passer in HS - 1742 more passing yards, 19 more passing TDs using their Junior and Senior totals (Joyner put up big numbers as a Sophomore also, but Shaw was playing WR so those numbers are not included). Joyner's team also had more success although Shaw's team was good also.The real difference at this stage of their careers is college experience. Like you say, Joyner just needs to get on the field and play.
    Not to Beat A DEAD HORSE... But he should have played some more last year.