Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: UNC Fans

  1. #41
    Recruit dogunwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    I get your point, but Kenny Hill was a redshirt freshman playing with all-SEC WR's and O-line. He had at least been on the field before and wad a year's experience under his belt.

    I true freshman QB taking the field with a shit O-line and shit WR's is a different story.
    That's not the freshman I was talking about, but your point would still be the same as Lawrence was playing with a very talented roster around him, and Howell will not be.

  2. #42
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by dogunwo View Post
    That's not the freshman I was talking about, but your point would still be the same as Lawrence was playing with a very talented roster around him, and Howell will not be.
    Lawrence was a true freshman, but a freshman who had played 8 games prior that year. He wasn't exactly thrust into the fire against us.
    Do ya thing

  3. #43
    Household Name sosfan812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    Tar Heel fans seem to be very confident in their team this year. I made my way on their forum to try to talk with them about how good they should be this year, and they immediately dismissed my analysis and starting talking a lot of smack about the Gamecocks' inferiority to UNC.

    They seem to all agree that USC will never sniff an SEC title, much less a national championship, and are hyping their team up to win the ACC Coastal this year, pull off the upset against out team, and contend nationally under Mack Brown in a few years. I tried over and over to invite them to discuss their depth chart with me, trying to reason they simply don't have the talent, experience, or depth to be as confident as they are about beating us or even taking the ACC by storm, and all I got from them consistently is a bunch of substanceless smack about how UNC is amazing and USC will always suck. They have absolutely nothing to back ip their conjecture, so they are just resorting to talking a bunch of weak smack.

    At one point, I just told them they are way too hostile to attempt to have a conversation with, so I was just going to peace out, and ever since, they've just been still replying, talking shit about me and the rest of Gamecock fans. It's kind of pathetic really, considering they've struggled all this past decade to even reach a winning season. I mean, you're looking at a 2-9 team act like they're world beaters and the big brother of our school, who hasn't lost to a team from the state of North Carolina in this millennium yet. We are 10-0 against UNC, NC State, and ECU since the year 2000.

    Read the thread here: https://northcarolina.forums.rivals....a.70592/page-5

    I'm looking forward to stomping some tar holes soon.
    Their obnoxious for sure but who are these 2 1st round nfl picks on our dl that you keep speaking about?

    We also dont have obe of the best wr corps either because if we did then deebo not playing in the bowl game would have been a non factor.

  4. #44
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    Their obnoxious for sure but who are these 2 1st round nfl picks on our dl that you keep speaking about?

    We also dont have obe of the best wr corps either because if we did then deebo not playing in the bowl game would have been a non factor.
    There have been multiple articles discussing Javon Kinlaw being a projected first round pick. Reporters have even asked him about it in interviews. DJ Wonnum probably won't go in the first round, but he's projected 2nd/3rd round, and he can probably keep climbing the ladder this season.
    Do ya thing

  5. #45
    Household Name sosfan812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    5,077

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    There have been multiple articles discussing Javon Kinlaw being a projected first round pick. Reporters have even asked him about it in interviews. DJ Wonnum probably won't go in the first round, but he's projected 2nd/3rd round, and he can probably keep climbing the ladder this season.
    I'll agree with that. Our DL should over power unc ol. I dont think there is any dropoff from our starters to the backups on our DL.

  6. #46
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
    I'll agree with that. Our DL should over power unc ol. I dont think there is any dropoff from our starters to the backups on our DL.
    Well, aside from Wonnum and Kinlaw, they're interchangeable. That's what makes them high draft prospects. They're the only linemen that have the complete package deal of hulking size, muscle, speed, agility, and great technique and hands. All the other guys are pretty good players, but they simply don't have the same natural abilities as those two.
    Do ya thing

  7. #47
    1st Team All-American Roosterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    10,321

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    They are truly a basketball school.
    Football is just third to them (honestly think lacrosse is higher up on their radar).
    Baseball
    SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
    CWS Appearances:
    1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Two-time National Champs


  8. #48
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    After days of talking nonsense smack, someone on that thread finally posted a legitimate point about football, so i decided to reply so i could have an actual discussion.

    Now everyone is on my ass again for no reason. Lol.
    Do ya thing

  9. #49
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Some feathers are getting really ruffled over there. Dear lord.
    Do ya thing

  10. #50
    Walk On Cockalorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
    UNC fans don't care about Football. for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
    They are truly a basketball school.
    Football is just third to them (honestly think lacrosse is higher up on their radar).
    These...

    Football is third behind baseball... maybe fourth because lacrosse is big at Chapel Hill as Rooster is alluding to.

    Maybe 5th actually because soccer is big, too...

  11. #51
    Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    19,434

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    This guy:

    UNC wins this game in stunning fashion.... because of its defense, which by the way has as much talent on the interior as anyone and Batemans scheme will be too much for sc offense to digest the first game out of the gate.....and because of the trio of backs UNC will exploit and because Tucker will demand coverage creating coverage weaknesses with UNC backs out of the backfield. Longo will introduce Howell to the league with an amazing game plan. UNC's only weakness and chance of losing will rest on the play of the OL. However, I believe Longo will consider this and not expose Howell to play calling that will require time to develop. UNC 27 - SC 13
    N2

    https://247sports.com/college/north-...395884/?Page=3

  12. #52
    Music Lover 2k15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,869

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    "our offensive line sucks, but it's okay because Phil Longo will consider this"
    Do ya thing

  13. #53
    Heisman Candidate carolina_corpsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    19,434

    Default Re: UNC Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    "our offensive line sucks, but it's okay because Phil Longo will consider this"
    I hope we hang half a hundred on them, troll the shit out of that thread and post some of the top responses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •