Thread: North Carolina

Default North Carolina

Is this NC team better than VA from last year and is the Gamecocks better than the Gamecocks from the VA game. I find myself asking well what's there to do during football season if we aren't improved. Please I need some assurance/uplifting to feel better but...... Hell I'm just going to say it though, it's Bentley I have absolutely no confidence in this kid and just killing me that he's going to be starting.

Default Re: North Carolina

Ruinous times we live in, huh. I don't think I can stand life anymore if Bentley takes another snap.

Lol
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
    Ruinous times we live in, huh. I don't think I can stand life anymore if Bentley takes another snap.

Lol
    Well he's a senior and they speak of every other qb in the SEC except Bentley now that's a lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cocky421 View Post
    Well he's a senior and they speak of every other qb in the SEC except Bentley now that's a lol.
    The problems that you are uneasy about lie more with poor coaching than Bentley. Bentley is inconsistent,but Muschamps loyalty and refusal to bench him has cost us dearly in the Belk Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30man View Post
    The problems that you are uneasy about lie more with poor coaching than Bentley. Bentley is inconsistent,but Muschamps loyalty and refusal to bench him has cost us dearly in the Belk Bowl.
    Bentley was fine in the UVA game expect he had just a few terrible throws in the red zone that lead to INT's. He didn't need to be benched because he was doing fine on the high majority of his decisions. It was his poor decisions in the red zone that lead to turnovers, momentum killers, and no points. We probably lost that game because of all those killer turnovers.
    Do ya thing

Quote Originally Posted by 30-30man View Post
    I can agree to that, because it does come down to the coaches decision on staying in or out but at the same time Bentley thinks he's the one to lead andi think he watched a little bit to much SEC tv in his previous years. SEC did put him on a pedestal for a while until they realized they were beating a dead horse. Muschamp needs to have a short rope for him this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cocky421 View Post
    Is this NC team better than VA from last year and is the Gamecocks better than the Gamecocks from the VA game. I find myself asking well what's there to do during football season if we aren't improved. Please I need some assurance/uplifting to feel better but...... Hell I'm just going to say it though, it's Bentley I have absolutely no confidence in this kid and just killing me that he's going to be starting.
    You think Joyner or Hilinksi will be immediately better in their first meaningful game? Jake has issues to correct but it would be pretty stupid to throw in some freshman into the season opener. Jake has things to correct, but there's a lot of things that aren't all his fault. This is a team sport.

And this UNC team is way worse than that Virginia team. That was probably one of the better UVA teams in recent history, and we ran into a buzz saw with all of our injuries and players not wanting to be there for whatever reason, which happens a lot of times in bowl games for different teams. The Belk Bowl was exactly that ... the Belk Bowl. The sky is not falling and this team is not the 2018 team. We will be fine. I get why fans immediately think of the UVA game but it was a meaningless bowl game and there were a lot of factors that played into that abysmal performance.

We have so much more talent than this UNC team. I would expect a close first quarter given that's how season openers usually are. But I fully expect to win by at least 14 points. They are starting a true freshman QB and have a young o line.
    University of South Carolina '19